Whistler Locals- Lord of the Squirrels Next Weekend (Sept 10th)?

I'll be in town next week to ride 4-5 days, and on Saturday my riding buddies are all going to ride park... so I'm going to do the opposite and do the Mystic-Squirrels loop. Is anyone around that wants to ride with me that day? I'm up there scouting/shooting for future Chasing Epic trips, and I'd love to have a few others to take pictures of during the ride. I'm happy to buy post-ride beers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MonarchCrest22-32.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	425371

leelau can help/answer I bet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51D9034B-E5F7-4F11-BCBD-6CD14B53928F.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	425380
    Rode it 2 weeks ago, crossed a few snow patches. You taking Working Class to Danimal?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Not sure, looks like there are a bunch of options coming back down into town.

Yup the ‘bunch of options’ factor is why I brought it up. For example Pura Vida is easily accessible & so folks end up on it but it’s pretty eroded now. I like Working Class but I’m curious to try Legalize it.

I was also told to check out Chipmunk - Industrial Waste - Danimal at the end.

Send me a DM if you want. Generally try and avoid that place on the weekends but who knows.

I did it last saturday mid aft from lower sproatt/piece of cake up industrial waste to mystic then down the rodents and danimal/thc/rock rabbit...wasn't too busy at all, only saw one person just before LESS until just before the alpine. I like accessing mystic that way though, mostly singletrack in the forest, but does add some time and effort compared to climbing the road through stonebridge.

I'll be in the chiloctin next weekend though getting my high alpine on.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I was also told to check out Chipmunk - Industrial Waste - Danimal at the end.
    That’s a good route esp if there’s a mix of riding ability or fitness. Chipmunk kinda maintains the flow feel of LOTS, but at a mellower grade.

Working Class has nice slab rolls (with ridearounds) and seems to present you with very short but punchy uphills when you’re not expecting it…but in a good way. It’s not gnarly but it’s mentally engaging.

Anyway I’m sure you’ll connect with a local rather than a #vanlifing tourist like me :grin:

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Send me a DM if you want. Generally try and avoid that place on the weekends but who knows.
    Cool... will hit you up in a few days. Thanks!

slight thread hijack. Is LOTS open/avail later in sept as well? I"m out Sept 19-23 and seems like a fun ride.

Also thinking Out There for some slab riding? (other suggestions) and a lap of Comfortably Numb as well (yes. I know its XC/jank, thats kinda what I'm into)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    slight thread hijack. Is LOTS open/avail later in sept as well? I"m out Sept 19-23 and seems like a fun ride.

Also thinking Out There for some slab riding? (other suggestions) and a lap of Comfortably Numb as well (yes. I know its XC/jank, thats kinda what I'm into)
    I believe they close it when it starts snowing in the alpine, which can vary year to year. I would say there’s a good chance it will be running end of September. We’ve also had grizzlies wander into the zone, which has shut things down earlier to give them some space.

There is lots of good rock in Whistler. I actually haven’t ridden Out There. But if you like janky uppy downy trails, you will like Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I believe they close it when it starts snowing in the alpine, which can vary year to year. I would say there’s a good chance it will be running end of September. We’ve also had grizzlies wander into the zone, which has shut things down earlier to give them some space.

There is lots of good rock in Whistler. I actually haven’t ridden Out There. But if you like janky uppy downy trails, you will like Whistler.
    thanks
    Is LOTS access now by chair and pedal and in a week or so its 100% climb? What is the norm for it?

Full pedal. Opposite side of the valley from the park. https://www.trailforks.com/trails/lo...the-squirrels/

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I did it last saturday mid aft from lower sproatt/piece of cake up industrial waste to mystic then down the rodents and danimal/thc/rock rabbit...wasn't too busy at all, only saw one person just before LESS until just before the alpine. I like accessing mystic that way though, mostly singletrack in the forest, but does add some time and effort compared to climbing the road through stonebridge.

I'll be in the chiloctin next weekend though getting my high alpine on.
    I hit it yesterday from Function and thought that was a great way to do it. The Flank climb has been completely rebuilt and is quite a bit less strenuous than the previous steep trail out of Function. Plus, you get to finish with Pigs on the Wing - Short Bus, which is maybe the most underrated lap in Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I hit it yesterday from Function and thought that was a great way to do it. The Flank climb has been completely rebuilt and is quite a bit less strenuous than the previous steep trail out of Function. Plus, you get to finish with Pigs on the Wing - Short Bus, which is maybe the most underrated lap in Whistler.
    Yeah that bit of a reroute at the south Flank switchbacks is definitely a bit of an improvement, if you prefer tech single track climb to Flank, you could always do Dirty Beasts from Function too, climbs to the bottom of Industrial Waste