Low stack height saddles

So as posted in the 4k trail bike thread, my new bikes BikeYoke 185 dropper at full extension is just a touch too long for me, like 1-1.5 cm. The post is so smooth , so while selling it and swapping to a 160 or a OneUp 180 is an option, I'm going to try and make this work. The bike comes w a WTB Volt which so far isn't my favorite anyway. I usually ride the WTB Pure V , which fits em great. However, I was curious if there are any similar width saddles with a lower stack height from rails to top. This could help dial the dropper fit , along with possibly switching from a 175 to 170 crank length.

I have a Silverado and Ergon SM Enduro at home and will try to remember to measure them. They both seem pretty low profile.

Of the saddles I own, a WTB Silverado is the lowest profile. About 36 mm from center of saddle rails to top. I'd be surprised if anything got a whole lot lower profile than that - the Silverado doesn't have much padding, and clearance to the seatpost head is already pretty slim.

As an aside, my 160 revive is also a 31.6, so lemme know if you want to trade.

I ride a silverado as well and can’t get a saddle tool pack with a buckle through the rails due to its short stack.

My Ripmo came with a Silverado. My old Giant contact saddle is much shorter.

I’d definitely go shorter cranks, which would get you all the way without swapping saddles. I love my 165s, So nice to have the extra clearance from pedal strikes with modern low BB bikes. I tried a bike with 175s on it and felt pretty ungainly even though I rode them for years.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Of the saddles I own, a WTB Silverado is the lowest profile. About 36 mm from center of saddle rails to top. I'd be surprised if anything got a whole lot lower profile than that - the Silverado doesn't have much padding, and clearance to the seatpost head is already pretty slim.

As an aside, my 160 revive is also a 31.6, so lemme know if you want to trade.
    Yeah , I'm definitely considering that , thanks. I'm messing around with saddle position, sag, etc to see where I truly end up here ,then I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    My Ripmo came with a Silverado. My old Giant contact saddle is much shorter.

I’d definitely go shorter cranks, which would get you all the way without swapping saddles. I love my 165s, So nice to have the extra clearance from pedal strikes with modern low BB bikes. I tried a bike with 175s on it and felt pretty ungainly even though I rode them for years.
    My MTB has always had 175 ,but my old road bike is 170. Was considering 170 as 165 seems drastic for my area (lots of rolling terrain and flat pedaling as opposed to all up then lots of down. ) But I've never tried anything that short so no real frame of reference.

had a similar issue with my own rocky instinct. I use a SLR saddle and swapped for one with less padding that that helped. Final answer was to cut 5mm off the carbon seattube. Been 2+ years and no issue now. New blade, nice guide, etc.

Yes. its 100% NOT factory solution. But we cut carbon handle bars, we cut carbon seat posts, its just another hollow tube.

I would do the saddle first, and YMMV but this worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    My MTB has always had 175 ,but my old road bike is 170. Was considering 170 as 165 seems drastic for my area (lots of rolling terrain and flat pedaling as opposed to all up then lots of down. ) But I've never tried anything that short so no real frame of reference.
    I (33" inseam) am a fan of 170's. I've run 165's and they definitely felt too short for me, mostly in terms of pedaling, but also pumping the bike. I ran 175's for years, but now they feel a bit too long for me. But your preferences will probably vary depending on your leg length.

I measured my Silverado & SM Enduro. Came up with 67mm on the Silverado from bottom of rails at the center of rails to the top of saddle at that point. The SM Enduro was only 61mm. Visually it looks very low profile also. I wouldn't put much stock in the numbers, but would confidently say that the Ergon is extremely low profile. I do remember also that when I changed from the Silverado to it, I had to pull the seat post up about 5-10mm.

I've been running 170 cranks with a 30" inseam / 5'-8" for years and love them, so that's a good option too. One of my buddies who's similar height tried 165 briefly and also found them to feel a bit weird on his regular bike and went back to 170.

I rode around the neighborhood today with my fairly thick soled old Shimano SPD shoes and pedals and with my Pure V saddle on. At full extension it was like a micron above old school roady height , not perfect but still fine to pedal. Had no issues dropping it a cm or so when I didn't want to be up that high. Think I'm going to keep this all as is and see about swapping the 175 SLX crankarms for a 170 and call it a day