Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    So tgapp is going to barnstorm his coffee around the states this year skiing with maggots in every state? sweet.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ahh you guys are really kind, but I'm also in an okay spot financially. I'd still love to ski with all of you - and I did get an iKon base pass this year (along with Basin) so if the offer to crash some couches stands I'll definitely come prepared with beenz

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

watch out for snakes

Bumpin with this

https://youtu.be/AyAlaHGOwzg
    watch out for snakes

BBear is certainly worthy, and if she could make good use of it I would give her my vote.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

BBear has a vote from me especially cause my lovely wife and I want to take turns with her this winter so she needs days!

Just sayin

^ also, as a mod, she has to deal w a bunch of fuckwits and lunatics, myself included.

Baby Bear, raisingarizona13, yetiman,
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yetiman, and I don't fully understand what's happening here, but IMO if there were a way to throw something toward Pow11's kids it would be cool--young kids competing in racing/freeskiing, following in his footsteps, and without dad helping I'm not sure how it's going to go for them this year and in the future. I know they have a lot of local Whistler support, but I'm guessing every extra bit could help, especially when they're going other places for comps.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    ..and I don't fully understand what's happening here.
    We know.

My vote is Babybear.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Bumping this up.

And to clarify (just a bit) these benefits would help someone with access to a ski location that has iconic relations. It would not provide any access to JH, as these are very basic passes. Or a 4 day usage, which also does not help at JH.

If BB might use one of these at another location, where the sky is huge, perhaps, then I've got one for her for sure. Have never met the mag, but her post always seem, well, nice, which says something for this place.

It looks like there are 1-2 basic usage annual passes and 2-3 4 day pass options.

I'm halfway around the world, and it feels like summer here, so I often forget winter is coming. I should get this settled in the next month.

Also, these should go to adults, even if they end up benefiting a child, as the are not age dependent in their value, So if we are trying to help out, say Powder11s kid, lets help out Powder11 - but I think they are WB folks, and that is the other lord of snow, so these will not work for them.

I'll reach out to Splat, to see if he is interested. tgapp, you get lots of mentions, so confirm if you really think these should go elsewhere. Also will read through this thread and see who else was mentioned and try to PM them.

The goal, for me, it to really try to help someone get on the snow who would otherwise not get there - BUT, if we do not identify a person worthy of support, then they go to a solid contributor (but tgapp, you might need to ship me some of you awesome coffee to SG cause this place is dearly in need of real beans).

Anyway, I'll try to put some focus on this effort and get some names in the next few weeks, before I head back to Bali and forget about all of this again.

The 4 day option is good for those of you who may live in Georgia, or the Carolinas, or Chicago aorta's wherever god forsaken place that lacks snow and mountains, but might use them to travel.

And if all eles fails, I know she worthy folks back in Santa Cruz who could use them, but this place earned them, and I'd prefer to give back here.

Yeti fucking comes to mind for me - any chance you'd leave Michigan for a for day trip to Utah?

Also - these can be used to refund your basic pass if you already bought one but then lost your job cause you spent too. much time arguing with trolls in the Poliass or Tech Talk zones.

Cheers Maggots, and lets find some folks.
    Last edited by Ottime; 09-29-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    What a torch to pass along, eh bud?

I tried to thank everyone as profusely as I could at the time for the privilege. So, yes, thanks again to OTT and everyone else, it was so snow, so stoke!!!!

20/21 I never made it out. Fall 21, one week I was thinking a couple of window tix in the spring and the next, well, this pass was at some points my sole reason for making rent. Keep my shit together for long enough to grab another day on the hill. Made it my business to get days in.

Skiing with mags and having some beers again. Friggin awesome!!!

Also thanks to peeps like Hawk and Hatchgreen for schlepping my broke ass up the canyon.

It was an honor.

Attachment 425436

Attachment 425437

Met up with a bunch of mags at ABasin

Attachment 425438

I member once the Main lift at eldora shit the bed with 1” fresh so they let the public ride the pomA. And I sure as fuck did.

Attachment 425439

I was stoked to fulfill my promise of gumbo:

Attachment 425440

Cheers!!!!

Attachment 425441

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    FKNA - this is what this shit is all about. From what I understand, this got Jong back out on the fucking snow. And he got better days than me last year it seems

On behalf of everyone here I wish to thank you for making this happen. It takes a great effort on your part, but the payoff is real. Cheers to you

Donnelly Miller… Dude could really use a break in life.

I believe the reason folks were suggesting powder11s kids is because powder11 passed away last year.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...light=powder11

If I remember correctly, his family was chosen last year but declined the offer. It wouldn’t hurt to see if they are interested this year.

Ah, shit, I've no memory.

Anyone here in touch with the family?

Perhaps the 4 day would help the kids travel? Still thinking, if I recall correctly, WB local.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Also, these should go to adults, even if they end up benefiting a child, as the are not age dependent in their value, So if we are trying to help out, say Powder11s kid, lets help out Powder11 - but I think they are WB folks, and that is the other lord of snow, so these will not work for them.
    My suggestion was just for the benefit of the kids he left behind, who I assume are going to continue competing--yes, they're in WB land but may have to compete at the other place's mountains. I understood there were some non-season pass (day tix) things being considered. If something might be offered to them I can find out if this would make sense (in terms of the kids being able to use them).

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

I believe the reason folks were suggesting powder11s kids is because powder11 passed away last year.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...light=powder11

If I remember correctly, his family was chosen last year but declined the offer. It wouldn’t hurt to see if they are interested this year.
    Just to be clear, it happened in June of this year and I'm unaware of his family previously being chosen (he was around and healthy then).

Ah, shit, I've no memory.

Anyone here in touch with the family?

Perhaps the 4 day would help the kids travel? Still thinking, if I recall correctly, WB local.
    Right, that's what I was kind of thinking. I've spoken with his sister a few times since it happened and am sort of in contact with the kids' mother--although I'd think some WB local might be in more regular contact.

Pow11 wasn't all that active in recent years on the board, I don't think, but he had become a real fixture in the Whistler SAR and sledneck scene, and as a number of mags can attest to was a complete ripper. Can't say if helping out the kids makes more or less sense than giving whatever it is to someone else, I just thought it was worth putting out there.
    [quote][//quote]

^^^^Can you see if contact can be made? I'm in Singapore and far from the WB scene. But I do think that would be a worthy use for these. I remember Powder11s stoke over the years, and he seemed worthy, as would be his offspring. And at this point we have no takers. LBL, BB and tgapp have all declined as of yet. Still reaching out to a few others who have been mentioned here and through PMs. We do have sever 4days, and would be stoked to help little rippers of a passed mag get after it and save a little bit for college and maybe teach them a little bit of the pay it forward ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I will nominate Little Big Lost -

His contributions here are solid ( and may be subtle. ) and

He would never ask for anything.

with a little encouragement, he and a son might get back to BigSky, and
    it would be great if he could ride Utah...

Little Big Lost. Solid magg.

Thank you, Ottime !

skiJ
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I agree - second that LBL would be good mag that would probably use the heck out of the pass and post stoke for us
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I agree on LBL, though he strikes me more as an Indy Pass kind of guy. Think he could use the Targhee, JH and BS days if he slips away from Kelly Canyon.
    Thanks guys, I am so appreciative of the nomination, but must humbly decline. I'm doubtful I would be able to put it to good use. I am indeed an Indy pass kind of guy..... and I will spend the winter working part time at Lost Trail. Going to pull my travel trailer up to 'Base Camp' and have a hell of a winter.

Awesome work Ottime!
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Baby Bear, raisingarizona13, yetiman,
    Thanks Buster but I'm set with a midweek pass for Snowbowl. I'm skiing less and less every year now to be honest and I find myself thinking about warmer weather more and more as every winter approaches. Before meeting you in Yurp last year I had only skid about 15 days that season!

I'd love to take my daughter somewhere for a trip but with her high school sports and other teen/school activities ski trip are not high on our priority list and besides, the winter weather and mountain bike riding in Las Vegas is up on my radar now. It looks really fun and much warmer than snowy mountains.

I know it sounds crazy to a lot of people on this forum but I think I could pretty much hang em up for at least a good while right now. I skied so much for so long I feel like I've missed out on other, different experiences that I'm excited to have now.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Thanks Buster but I'm set with a midweek pass for Snowbowl. I'm skiing less and less every year now to be honest and I find myself thinking about warmer weather more and more as every winter approaches. Before meeting you in Yurp last year I had only skid about 15 days that season!

I'd love to take my daughter somewhere for a trip but with her high school sports and other teen/school activities ski trip are not high on our priority list and besides, the winter weather and mountain bike riding in Las Vegas is up on my radar now. It looks really fun and much warmer than snowy mountains.

I know it sounds crazy to a lot of people on this forum but I think I could pretty much hang em up for at least a good while right now. I skied so much for so long I feel like I've missed out on other, different experiences that I'm excited to have now.
    weird.
    post preservation - I am with you az.

the thoughts of those TwentyBelow mornings does nothing to warm my heart these days -
    Seven years ago, I remember a two week stretch in Feburary when I was disappointed in never got to thirty below
    ( every morning, it seemed stuck at -26F. Minus Twenty-Six Farenheit. )

' Big Lost.
    Still., The Man. !

ottime, Too !

I will make sure Yeti- knows of this offer...

Good work, crew... !
    I get ,,, disappointed ( Life ) - and the awesome people in this community ( ' Big Lost, bbear, Dj, Buster, (ottime), MiCol, (shera). splat. . . . the list goes on... )
    ... the awesome people of this community lift my spirit. !

My sincere thanks ! !!!

skiJ

Is there a deadline to select the recipient? If not, just wait?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

^^^^Can you see if contact can be made? I'm in Singapore and far from the WB scene. But I do think that would be a worthy use for these. I remember Powder11s stoke over the years, and he seemed worthy, as would be his offspring. And at this point we have no takers. LBL, BB and tgapp have all declined as of yet. Still reaching out to a few others who have been mentioned here and through PMs. We do have sever 4days, and would be stoked to help little rippers of a passed mag get after it and save a little bit for college and maybe teach them a little bit of the pay it forward ideals.
    Yes, will reach out and let you know. PM incoming just so I know what I can tell them.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Is there a deadline to select the recipient? If not, just wait?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    There is a deadline. Not imminent, but end of Oct I think. I also am pretty distracted at the equator - or rather have almost forgotten that winter is a thing. I don't want to push the deadline, as I. might forget, But, yeah, can wait a bit to find the right folks. Dex is looking not Pow11 kids for me as an option for a few 4 Day, I have a few feelers out there. We will find a few folks for sure.

As to RaisingArizona - I finally get it. I was panicked about moving here for a year, missing a year on the snow as I turn 50. I don't even like the heat - but I acclimated quite quickly and actually don't find myself craving a ski get away this winter. My wife's school has interim web for HS students. They sign up for different domestic and international trips - Cultural, Service or Educational. One of the "cultural" trips is a ski week in Japan, and she is trying to chaperone that week. I'm all for her going, but I'm not really jealous. I won't be in ski shape, so a week in Japan is almost wasted if I'm fatigued on day 2. It will be fucking cold, as I'm now used to 30C days and 137% humidity. And she will need to be chasing down privileged rich kids and making them behave. At this point, I'm more looking forward to my few short trips to surf in Indo or the Philippines. I'm keeping it tropical. I'm not done with this ski thing and really am excited to return home for winter 23/24, but taking a season off is not as rough as I assumed it would be, And being warm every day, all day, turns out is not such a horrible thing.

In light nof recent events, hilaree's kids could maybe put some passes to use?

Charlesj is a solid mag. He isn't super active posting on the forum but chimes in occasionally and is a long time member. He sleeps in his van when skiing, wears FRS, and is of modest means. I am sure he would make use of the pass. I am fairly sure his arm could be twisted into providing a lot of stoke given his acumen behind a camera (i will do the twisting.) Above all he is a super nice guy and wicked fun to ski with.

Caveat: I did not participate in the buy this year since I purchased a beast365 to use at the bike park and it came with an ikon. Soooo.... not sure if my opinion means anything. That being said, CharlesJ fits the bill.

P.S. I did get his permission to post this.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB