Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

And Now The FUN Part.

Okay Maggots. The Group Buy period for I Can't Ski is now closed. Apologies to anyone I may have missed in the last few days. Turns out my access to the internet in SG is not what it should be, but then again, I think I got everyone who was not sending info in the last 2 days of a 5 month period. Just remember, if this happens again next year, you can always send me your details early and then sit on your code for 4 months and 20 days as you burn a few and decide if you want to spend the money.

We earned a few comps. Not as many as last year - the math keeps on getting more challenging AND we had way fewer renewals sending information this year. That may be because of the super vague posts to be compliant with (one of) my Overlords, or, perhaps fewer folks renewing and either going with an independent (that would be so cool) or going with the other corp mega option. What ever the case, we will still have a few to pass around.

So, here it goes. Who on this board deserves and needs to ski for free this winter? I am hoping we can hook up some folks who have had a shit year and would otherwise to be skiing this winter. We will have a few of the basic passes and we - new this season - will have a few 4 day passes - especially good for those who live in Texas or Florida or Tennessee or some other stupid place for a skier to live.

Again, looking for those in need, but also those who have contributed to this weird corner of the internet. I started extended this buy to here, after setting it up for my kid's school's ski club, as a way to try to give back. So many of you have hooked me up in so many ways over the years, I wanted to try to hook some folks up as a pay it forward. So start your nominating. And if no one here knows your trials and tribulations because you don't wear your life on your sleeve - then self nominate god damn it.

I think we have about a month. I'll know details soon when we get our eggs counted by the corp.

Splat

Just checking in to say Thank you to Ottime for setting me up with a pass last season.
    A covid infection prevented me from using it at Big Sky for the BBI shindig but I did later get to join Talisman for a day there, on the ikon dime.

A week later I got to use it in SLC, skiing with SkiFishBum, Telefreewasatch, The Baker and son and Goniff for a few days. It was awesome!

Thank you so much!
    And I can confidently say that this work by Ottime truly helps connect skiers, mags, friends.

You da man. Anytime you wanna hit the JH scene, I'm yer guy.

I'm not sure if he would accept it, but I'm gonna throw Tgapp's name in the ring. I know life threw him a curveball this year, and he is certainly as deserving as anyone.

I know at one point he also was involved with some type of mentoring organization, and maybe he could use a 4-pack for that as well.

I will nominate Little Big Lost -

His contributions here are solid ( and may be subtle. ) and

He would never ask for anything.

with a little encouragement, he and a son might get back to BigSky, and
    it would be great if he could ride Utah...

Little Big Lost. Solid magg.

Thank you, Ottime !

skiJ

I agree - second that LBL would be good mag that would probably use the heck out of the pass and post stoke for us
    skid luxury

I agree on LBL, though he strikes me more as an Indy Pass kind of guy. Think he could use the Targhee, JH and BS days if he slips away from Kelly Canyon.

I’d second Tgapp.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

And Now The FUN Part.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Just checking in to say Thank you to Ottime for setting me up with a pass last season.
    A covid infection prevented me from using it at Big Sky for the BBI shindig but I did later get to join Talisman for a day there, on the ikon dime.

A week later I got to use it in SLC, skiing with SkiFishBum, Telefreewasatch, The Baker and son and Goniff for a few days. It was awesome!

Thank you so much!
    And I can confidently say that this work by Ottime truly helps connect skiers, mags, friends.

You da man. Anytime you wanna hit the JH scene, I'm yer guy.
    What a torch to pass along, eh bud?

I tried to thank everyone as profusely as I could at the time for the privilege. So, yes, thanks again to OTT and everyone else, it was so snow, so stoke!!!!

20/21 I never made it out. Fall 21, one week I was thinking a couple of window tix in the spring and the next, well, this pass was at some points my sole reason for making rent. Keep my shit together for long enough to grab another day on the hill. Made it my business to get days in.

Skiing with mags and having some beers again. Friggin awesome!!!

Also thanks to peeps like Hawk and Hatchgreen for schlepping my broke ass up the canyon.

It was an honor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3452.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	929.4 KB 
ID:	425436

Name:	IMG_3471.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	425437

Met up with a bunch of mags at ABasin

Name:  IMG_3501.JPG
Views: 1649
Size:  123.5 KB

I member once the Main lift at eldora shit the bed with 1” fresh so they let the public ride the pomA. And I sure as fuck did.

Name:	IMG_3423.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	425439

I was stoked to fulfill my promise of gumbo:

Name:	IMG_3491.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	425440

Cheers!!!!

Name:	IMG_3478.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	976.4 KB 
ID:	425441

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3446.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	425443  
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I’d second Tgapp.
    yup.

I primarily lurk, but really appreciated what he brought to the table this year and his general candor.

What about dunfree? He/it never mentions skiing. This could be like the Grinch and hooville type thing

Imagine dunfree bursting to life being super stoked skiing etc? Eh maybe, maybe not.

First thought was tgapp.

Although I'm not sure i get a 'vote', Since I didn't participate in the group buy this year. My I can't came with a pass for dh this summer.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Thanks for saving people money and then the free pass hookup for someone

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

++++ !!!!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

donelly miller... dude could use a break.

I nominate babybear. She is awesome and welcoming mag at JHMR and in another thread she said couldn't get a season pass because they sold out so this would give her 5 or 7 more days which she would use.
    But she would maybe only use the JH days so that should be considered. A different situation. Than a broke mag.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I second babybear -
    as I have followed this program for a few years, it is my understanding that there are situations beyond financial hardship that merit this ;
    babybear's Positive stoke-age, and support of this community are deserving.

That said - with a Definite 'attaGirl ' for babybear, bbear's recent post described an arrived solution :

"nothing is f...ed here" ( hubbyA. )

so -
    seconded and deserving !

I leave it to bbear and ottime and others...

Thank you, ottime !
    roll On !

skiJ

I have no idea who to nominate, but just wanted to say mad props to Ottime for doing all this every year. And I'm sorry I never skied with Jong Lafitte last season, maybe we can rectify that this year? Ok, mostly I want gumbo. And happy to ski with any mag, I mostly split time between Eldora and Winter Park.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    What about dunfree? He/it never mentions skiing. This could be like the Grinch and hooville type thing

Imagine dunfree bursting to life being super stoked skiing etc? Eh maybe, maybe not.
    That is pretty fucking funny.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ottime, thanks for organizing everything with the Group Buy codes!

Don't take your selflessness even further above and beyond. I will be stoked if you make sure you and your kid/family get free passes for yourselves, Ottime.
    (Wait, will you even be in USA this winter???)

I can't think of more nominations at the moment...

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

If the pass works for Jackson baby bear would be an excellent choice. Tgapp too

Awesome thing to do!

L&L
    watch out for snakes

BB is certainly deserving. She is absolutely the hostess with the mostest (stoke). Makes everyone feel like a local in Jackson.

yeah bbear for the win. sounds like they do a great job of helping ppl come through jackson.

these are all great nominations so far. i would throw a vote in for Grinch, idk if he could use them but he is making a lot of lemonade since leaving bc building trail and sharing the stoke he can and maybe he could use a little help getting out.

very cool that you’re able to do this, it really makes the community something special.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Thank you. You guys are sweet af, but I'm not worthy.
    Someone else probably needs it more right now.
    and we shall find that person and make them ski and have fun this winter
    skid luxury