Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Did babybear say she couldn’t use it? Because that’s the only legit excuse to say no. Otherwise it’s being humble which is not a valid excuse

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Did babybear say she couldn’t use it? Because that’s the only legit excuse to say no. Otherwise it’s being humble which is not a valid excuse
    It's a base pass so doesn't work at JHMR which is probably why.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

dude -

Anyone can decline -
    where the idea, 'being "humble" is not a valid "excuse" ' comes from ,,,

is my sarcasm meter still broke ? ??

this was resolved weeks ago :
    ' Nothing f.-ed here. '

stoke on -

skiJ

^ muted knows BB and how awesome she is....he wasn't saying anything negative

I kinda had the same thoughts but didn't write em down.

I think what he really means is there are very few that are more deserving given the amount of good will that emanates from her. If you've never met her, get to JH and link up.

dude ottime i got you coffee, dm me your addy (even in Singapore), you are a very fucking deserving mag

and yeah i got ikon + snowbasin this year

i will say - if i can be very selfish - i mentor a little grom in big brothers, and this year i bought him an ikon pass - next year i'm not sure i can afford one (divorce and what not) - so i would humbly put his name in the ring for a very deserving, and very stoked, young grom ripper - but i'm not sure if that violates the rules. so, put tgappgrom's name in the ring for next year, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    It's a base pass so doesn't work at JHMR which is probably why.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    Now that's a good excuse

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    dude -

Anyone can decline -
    where the idea, 'being "humble" is not a valid "excuse" ' comes from ,,,

is my sarcasm meter still broke ? ??

this was resolved weeks ago :
    ' Nothing f.-ed here. '

stoke on -

skiJ
    sarcasm????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^ muted knows BB and how awesome she is....he wasn't saying anything negative

I kinda had the same thoughts but didn't write em down.

I think what he really means is there are very few that are more deserving given the amount of good will that emanates from her. If you've never met her, get to JH and link up.
    yes exactly.

wow.

' missed that by a mile -

carry on. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Donnelly Miller… Dude could really use a break in life.

Call me a JONG, but is he on the forum?

Reached out to a few more, and have one comp assigned to CharlesJ

Have a few more to assign 0-2 basics and 0-4 4days depending on combos. If anyone knows of any other potential users, lemme know. Another option is if someone wants to "buy" one, and we can forward to money to someone like BB, to use toward a JH pass (does that still work - or have they cut off sales - I dunno) but juts brainstorming away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Another option is if someone wants to "buy" one, and we can forward to money to someone like BB, to use toward a JH pass (does that still work - or have they cut off sales - I dunno) but juts brainstorming away.
    JHMR cut off pass sales and that's why BB doesn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    i will say - if i can be very selfish - i mentor a little grom in big brothers, and this year i bought him an ikon pass - next year i'm not sure i can afford one (divorce and what not) - so i would humbly put his name in the ring for a very deserving, and very stoked, young grom ripper - but i'm not sure if that violates the rules. so, put tgappgrom's name in the ring for next year, maybe.
    I was thinking your mentee could use one of the multi day passes this year, but man, you are a good dude!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I was thinking your mentee could use one of the multi day passes this year, but man, you are a good dude!
    I second this!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Bumping this up.

And to clarify (just a bit) these benefits would help someone with access to a ski location that has iconic relations. It would not provide any access to JH, as these are very basic passes. Or a 4 day usage, which also does not help at JH.

If BB might use one of these at another location, where the sky is huge, perhaps, then I've got one for her for sure. Have never met the mag, but her post always seem, well, nice, which says something for this place.

It looks like there are 1-2 basic usage annual passes and 2-3 4 day pass options.

I'm halfway around the world, and it feels like summer here, so I often forget winter is coming. I should get this settled in the next month.

Also, these should go to adults, even if they end up benefiting a child, as the are not age dependent in their value, So if we are trying to help out, say Powder11s kid, lets help out Powder11 - but I think they are WB folks, and that is the other lord of snow, so these will not work for them.

I'll reach out to Splat, to see if he is interested. tgapp, you get lots of mentions, so confirm if you really think these should go elsewhere. Also will read through this thread and see who else was mentioned and try to PM them.

The goal, for me, it to really try to help someone get on the snow who would otherwise not get there - BUT, if we do not identify a person worthy of support, then they go to a solid contributor (but tgapp, you might need to ship me some of you awesome coffee to SG cause this place is dearly in need of real beans).

Anyway, I'll try to put some focus on this effort and get some names in the next few weeks, before I head back to Bali and forget about all of this again.

The 4 day option is good for those of you who may live in Georgia, or the Carolinas, or Chicago aorta's wherever god forsaken place that lacks snow and mountains, but might use them to travel.

And if all eles fails, I know she worthy folks back in Santa Cruz who could use them, but this place earned them, and I'd prefer to give back here.

Yeti fucking comes to mind for me - any chance you'd leave Michigan for a for day trip to Utah?

Also - these can be used to refund your basic pass if you already bought one but then lost your job cause you spent too. much time arguing with trolls in the Poliass or Tech Talk zones.

Cheers Maggots, and lets find some folks.
    Yetiman is out -
    ( spoke with him last night )

' Good on ya' Ottime !

Respect. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I second this! Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks guys. BBBS is a fucking awesome program. And the grom - he's a terrible snowboarder but one of my favorite people to ski with.

Here he is during the pandemic wearing his FedEx mask so he can send it like FedEx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210205_010039203.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	428649

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    i mentor a little grom in big brothers, and this year i bought him an ikon pass - next year i'm not sure i can afford one.
    ^^ so rad. another vote for tgapp's grom next year. hope you have fun with him this winter. good karma coming your way.

We have Charlej for a base and Powder11 kids for 4 days on the list.

Reached out to NimbusSkier, Grinch has declined. Yeti declined. As well as a few others.

Ya know, what is really cool about this place is you offer free passes to irl strangers, and they tell you, find someone more deserving, find someone in more need, etc. Almost any other corner of the world, folks would be say - yeah free stuff, cool. Love this place. If you make it a challenge for me to give out free stuff.

Thanks to Dexter for making the Powder11 connection happen.

tgapp's mentee is a shoe in for next year. If no one else is identified in the coming week, we will look into a refund for this year. I fully agree it is a worthy use of a pass.

Some dude looking for a pass on the iKon thread. Sell it to him and mail bbear the coin to discount the 20,000$ parking pass for Jackson this year?

That's not a bad idea, sell it to him but donate it to a good cause (I love BB but I'm not sure she qualifies as a good cause).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^^ That is maybe happening. Waiting on hearing back from a few more, and if no takers, bmg is a buyer.

guys I'm honored to check back in here and see my nominations- that was a little feel good treat so thank you.

I like the charlesj idea and the gtapp mentee. My little mentee of over 10 yrs left for college 2 yrs ago and it's a great program for anyone thinking about volunteering
    You commit to hanging out with a kid usually every 2 weeks - they need the consistency- and you usually just do fun stuff that you might not do in your own hometown otherwise and the kids are psyched.
    You get to give them back after a few hours so you can maintain the patience of a saint and help them figure out how to navigate the world, ski slope, etc
    I live in a wealthy community so maybe it's not the same everywhere, but almost everything we did was free/ comped too so there is not much of a financial commitment if one is not in that position.

Thanks for organizing Ottime
    skid luxury

Is this for four days at Jackson? If you guys can't find anyone I could take Cody up there for a 3 day weekend. I would love for her to ski there.

I can't really afford that place anymore but this would give us the incentive to make it work.

I'm not looking for a hand out or anything but we could put it to good use.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

4 Days does not have access to JHMR, which is too bad, eh.

Comps have been awarded. Pass to Charlesj, 4 Days to Powder11s kids. One pass was purchased by a maggot at what I thought was a fair price. Proceeds from sale will be divided in three parts- one part going to charity - Perhaps Achieve Tahoe, still TBD. Two remaining parts I'm offering out to tgapp and baby bear at this point, based on lot on the feedback here. Offset mentee pass, get BB on snow, or donate to BBBS. If that gets turned down, I'll hold on to it for a bit and see if something happens to a maggot in the near future where a small amount of cash will help their lives. If that does not happen, then charity by years end.

Thanks for paying. It is always hard to see if I'm making the right choices, doing the right thing, with these, but it is well worth it. If even just one pass falls into the right hands, and someone gets some real stoke over a season that they would otherwise miss out on, and something inside them gets rekindled, or encourages to keep paying it forward, then it all seems worth it.

Cheers, I'm off to Bali for a week with the family.

Great stuff Ottime! Have fun in Bali

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Good deal! Nice!

Nice work.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy