Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    WOW - those Chaval's might be the sexiest looking glove i've ever seeeeeeeeen - i wonder if they take proform applications?
    Im sure they work great and fully trust Mustonen's feedback, but I am cracking up at the review sources they have in the web page carousel... Forbes, Financial Times, and Men's Journal.

WOW - those Chaval's might be the sexiest looking glove i've ever seeeeeeeeen - i wonder if they take proform applications?
    Yeah, the Chaval gloves are beautiful, and the few people I've seen with them swear by them. So far only direct sales I believe, and no pro deals. Who knows, I thought $370 for Lenz socks was outrageous, but I've seldom skied in anything else the past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Im sure they work great and fully trust Mustonen's feedback, but I am cracking up at the review sources they have in the web page carousel... Forbes, Financial Times, and Men's Journal.
    the target audience for Chaval is very different than us mags lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    To add to this, if cold hands are a problem for you where you find yourself having to go inside on epic powder days - or even at all - due to cold, $300+ isn’t a terrible investment to maximize the thousands you’ve already spent to be there. It’s the end of August. How much would you spend Right Now for an hour of powder skiing on an empty slope because the cold kept all the beaters at home?

[/Rationalization]
    ^^ THIS ^^

Plus, if you are complaining about having cold hands in your 3-finger gloves, get mittens. I’m a mitten man. Anything below +20F and I’m ditching gloves for mitts.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Seconded (Thirded?).
    Having worked 10hr days in sub -30C for weeks at a time, and a bit in maritime climes at -20C, if those Chaval’s meet the recs, $500CND isn’t outrageous. Unfortunately, when I was young and stupid enough to work in such conditions and needed such fine wear, that cash would have been a good weekend’s debauchery back home from camp LOL. Choices that my fingers pay for now.

This thread has me seriously thinking of an early solstice present though…

What's the best/warmest 3-finger mitt on the market?

Chaval seem to be a startup. The heated gloves are all they do…. I got to them through a very generous hookup by Meadow Skipper, so mad props to him. But I’d happily throw down the coin for a pair now that I know what they are. The OR my fiancé has are super nice too.

But the heated gloves are a thing that is functional and practical and I can’t imagine anything much more useful if you get cold fingies. I take my glove off to respond to a text or adjust my goggles with impunity, on even the coldest day, because I know it will make more heat and I’ll be fine.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Chaval seem to be a startup. The heated gloves are all they do…. I got to them through a very generous hookup by Meadow Skipper, so mad props to him. But I’d happily throw down the coin for a pair now that I know what they are. The OR my fiancé has are super nice too.

But the heated gloves are a thing that is functional and practical and I can’t imagine anything much more useful if you get cold fingies. I take my glove off to respond to a text or adjust my goggles with impunity, on even the coldest day, because I know it will make more heat and I’ll be fine.
    Pro-deal confirmed - but qualifications are slim - https://www.chavalusa.com/pro-purchase

I’m probably in the minority, but I didn’t like the Mainline gloves. They were nowhere near as warm as I was expecting them to be.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

If your serious about warm hands my wife and I both use US Air Force Arctic mitts. Cheap, tough and never have cold hands. Plus we get props from lifties freezing their asses off.
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1158...r_gallery-1-25
    We paid a lot less for ours so worth shopping around.

What's the best/warmest 3-finger mitt on the market?

Hestra 3 finger mitts are my DD and they probably have 6-700 days. But they’re not super warm.

On sub zero days I wear cheap Scott Mittens that got for <$30 on here.

Those leather Seth Morrison lobster claws are pretty dang warm. I agree that the 1/2 leather 1/2 fabric heli and freeride 3 finger Hestra are not nearly as warm
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Now that this thread's been goin for a while, I feel like the consensus is that most "under-the-cuff" gloves (e.g. hestra fall-line) aren't nearly as warm as "over-the-cuff" gloves (e.g. hestra army) - which, if everyone agrees, is a huge freakin bummer because i can't STAND the look of over-the-cuff gloves. Maybe that's why i've always been cold? lol

<snip> i can't STAND the look

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I actually am gonna have to agree. But I have a pair of over-the-cuff Swany mitts I bust out when its really cold, because they are warmer.

Absolutely agree. Cold hands be damned, I have no desire to ride around looking like I'm about to go summit K2 with my giant gauntlet gloves.

What a bunch of fashionistas...

NTTAWWT.

I have Mercury mitt and absolute mitten. Don’t care how it looks. Had exposure and when SAR rescued me body temp was 83. So yeah I get cold. Carry on

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Never really thought about it in terms of appearance. When I see someone on a cold day with over the cuff gauntlets, I suppose my impression is "there's someone who knows what they're doing." You'll never guess what I wear.

I've owned several 3-finger mitts, including RBH and FTP.
    No mitt will be warm enough by itself on really frigid days, or for people with circulatory problems, because the insulation on the grip always packs out from grabbing your ski poles. Here's what you do:
    Size up on the trigger mitts
    Buy a pair of those Head running gloves that Costco always has for $10-12
    Wear the running gloves under the mitts (they have conductive fingers so you can work your phone)

Or, if you don't want to size up your mitts and also don't mind clammy hands, listen to neufox47 and buy some disposable nitrile/neoprene/latex gloves to use as a VB: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...5-I-ever-spent

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Those leather Seth Morrison lobster claws are pretty dang warm. I agree that the 1/2 leather 1/2 fabric heli and freeride 3 finger Hestra are not nearly as warm
    Kicking myself for not grabbing an extra pair before they were discontinued... current pair are still going strong after 7 years but all it takes is one forgetful trip when leaving the lodge..

I've never understood the appeal of under the cuff gloves. My cuff always moves at some point and then I'm getting cold. I'm also in PNW where it's snowing/raining at least 50% of the time. Is it just looks? Can't be function. I use Hestra lobster mitts and they are plenty warm and dry for me. My son uses Truck 3 finger gloves and likes them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I've never understood the appeal of under the cuff gloves. My cuff always moves at some point and then I'm getting cold. I'm also in PNW where it's snowing/raining at least 50% of the time. Is it just looks? Can't be function. I use Hestra lobster mitts and they are plenty warm and dry for me. My son uses Truck 3 finger gloves and likes them, too.
    For me it is mostly looks, but functionally if a glove gauntlet is really sinched tight enough around my jacket arm to keep air and water out I will eventually raise and/or extend my arms enough that the jacket arms pull slightly out from under my gloves. Now I have the cuff of my jacket in a weird place on my forearm and oddly poofy upper arms and shoulders. It just looks and feels weird to me, and I would end up constantly loosening, re-tucking, and re-tightening.

The only time I ever really mind gloves-under functionally is during wipeouts where snow inevitably gets up my sleeves. If it's cold enough for the air getting up my jacket to bother me, I'm almost certainly wearing a long sleeve baselayer and/or midlayer.
    Last edited by burrito; 09-13-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    For me it is mostly looks, but functionally if a glove gauntlet is really sinched tight enough aroundmy jacket arm to keep air and water out I will eventually raise and/or extend my arms enough that the jacket arms pull slightly out from under my gloves. Now I have the cuff of my jacket in a weird place on my forearm and oddly poofy upper arms and shoulders. It just looks and feels weird to me, and I would end up constantly loosening, re-tucking, and re-tightening.

The only time I ever really mind gloves-under functionally is during wipeouts where snow inevitably gets up my sleeves. If it's cold enough for the air getting up my jacket to bother me, I'm almost certainly wearing a long sleeve baselayer and/or midlayer.

why are your arms moving around that much…. It’s skiing, not boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    why are your arms moving around that much…. It’s skiing, not boxing.
    Because I'm a hugger

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Absolutely agree. Cold hands be damned, I have no desire to ride around looking like I'm about to go summit K2 with my giant gauntlet gloves.
    I have the mitts for you. Hand made in Nepal. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220913_230001215.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	426367