Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ISO - Shimano XT lever blade

Mangled my left brake lever pretty good last week. The master cylinder and the rest of the assembly are fine, but the lever blade itself is cocked about 45 degrees. I've been to a half dozen shops, but none have or can get a spare blade (or complete lever assembly). Apparently their distributors won't even give a date. If anyone has a spare lever or lever blade that will fit a 2021-2022 shimano XT brakeset (M8100-M8120) I'd be much obliged.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ySmvB28.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	314.9 KB 
ID:	424829

Jenson has em in stock

And if not I have one in my bag that you can have until one becomes available.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

7100, 8100/8120, 9120 will all work. (9100 won’t work)

Deleted post, sorry, mine is for XTR so ignore this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Jenson has em in stock
    Only the right side from what I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Only the right side from what I could see.
    The lever blade itself is the same, you can use that with the spring from your current left hand one and cobble it together.

Good to know, thank you!

If you plan to own the brakes for a while, consider upgrading levers to these: https://flomotorsports.com/products/...-brake-lever-1

I bought the Flo levers and I’m happy with them. Price per lever is similar but you need to buy two so it feels spendy. I kept the extra original Shimano lever as a spare and just used it on my other bike another lever bent. They do feel a little better and seem more solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I bought the Flo levers and I’m happy with them. Price per lever is similar but you need to buy two so it feels spendy. I kept the extra original Shimano lever as a spare and just used it on my other bike another lever bent. They do feel a little better and seem more solid.
    Bit of a hijack here but can you expand a bit on the "feel better" part? Do they have the same shape as the Shimano lever? In their review some people claim they get better modulation which I find a bit hard to believe...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I reviewed the Flo here a while back. My GF was constantly bending her SLX levers in minor crashes and I got sick of replacing them. Managed to find the Flo option online (2020 I think?) and the wide and stiff lever feels great ergonomically, but the main advantage is the flip flop design I.e. the range of motion away from the bar is nearly unlimited and this helps prevent damage to the lever.

Bike shops have been generally unaware of these so I’ve been spreading the word as I travel the western US and Canada.

Personally I run the best brakes ever invented ( Formula R0) but those only work for those with man-sized hands. The Shitmano SLX/XT 4 piston with Flo levers is a decent alternative.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

The levers are slightly longer. Maybe 5-7mm which gives a little more leverage.

Also… they just feel ‘solid’ the shape is a bit more substantive and slightly larger. It’s one of those products you touch and think ‘yep this is well made’.

All in all, a modest improvement but I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Bit of a hijack here but can you expand a bit on the "feel better" part? Do they have the same shape as the Shimano lever? In their review some people claim they get better modulation which I find a bit hard to believe...

Sweet, thanks for the feedback. Been waffling for some time over getting a set of these vs ditching the Shimano brakes (which I like quite a lot) for another set of Dominion A4s (which feel like God is pinching your rotors with his godly fingers to slow you down). Still waffling but another vote for upgrading levers I guess.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Seems like you’re a candidate for the flo levers.

Dominions are decent, almost the power of my ROs and not too much heavier.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Seems like you’re a candidate for the flo levers.

Dominions are decent, almost the power of my ROs and not too much heavier.
    Only a Formula owner could look down on the Hayes brakes. Or any other brake for that matter
    I'd love to get my hands on a set of Cura or Cura 4 just to get a feel for what the best MTB brakes are supposed to feel like.

Re: Flo levers, I'll probably give them a shot, no sense throwing new brakes on the trail bike which I may replace at the end of the season. I like the shape and feel of the XT levers though and haven't broken one in a while. Last time it happened I stockpiled on replacement blades since they were getting hard to find and now I'm feeling a bit foolish tossing $100 at a set of levers.

Busted brake lever? Time for a new bike.

Closure!

Went to about a dozen shops in the last few weeks, but finally Dodge City Cycles in Cumberland just had a few right by the register. Back in business!

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Closure!

Went to about a dozen shops in the last few weeks, but finally Dodge City Cycles in Cumberland just had a few right by the register. Back in business!
    Some of us are waiting for a TR Mr. Tindy.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

ISO - Shimano XT lever blade

Bump. Bent my right side in a crash, anyone holding or know of a shop with stock? I was able to bend mine back, but it sounds like it will likely break eventually.

I'd rather not drop the coin on the Flo's right now, but maybe that's my only option?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Bump. Bent my right side in a crash, anyone holding or know of a shop with stock? I was able to bend mine back, but it sounds like it will likely break eventually.

I'd rather not drop the coin on the Flo's right now, but maybe that's my only option?
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-XT...ake-Lever-Unit

in stock nowadays.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I should have clarified, I think I need M8100? I'd like the dimpled lever to match the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I should have clarified, I think I need M8100? I'd like the dimpled lever to match the other side.
    Like here?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

If anyone's looking, I have an unused BL-M9020 lever (XTR) available since my dumbass got the XT and XTR confused. (and of course it's only XTR compatible..)

Idiot thread?

Def cross post to idiot thread!