FS: Propain Tyee 29 CF (large) Performance Build

I'm selling a like-new Propain Tyee 29 CF - this was one of our demo bikes this year, and was ridden for 8 days. The bike is virtually mint condition minus a few very minor scratches on the frame and a couple small nicks on the wheels. Otherwise, it's in perfect shape. This is the Performance level build on their website, specs listed below. The one substitution is Maxxis EXO+ tires instead of the Schwalbe SuperTrail tires. As is, the bike weighs a hair over 30 lbs.

SOLD SOLD SOLD picked up locally around Denver/Boulder, or I'll pack/ship at buyer's expense. Warranty will transfer to you, and I'm happy to help with anything that may come up down the road. PM if interested.

Frame: Propain Tyee, large (raw carbon color)
    Fork: RS Lyrik Ultimate 170mm
    Shock: RS Super Deluxe Ultimate 160mm travel
    Drivetrain: SRAM X01
    Brakes: SRAM Code RSC w/ 200mm rotors
    Dropper: BikeYoke Revive 160mm
    Wheels: Newman Evolution 30mm internal
    Tires: Maxxis Assegai 2.5 EXO+ front, DHRII 2.4 EXO+ rear
    Stem: Sixpack Vertic 50mm
    Handlebar: Sixpack Millenium 780mm
    Saddle: Sixpack Kamikaze

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TyeeRawL-1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	424787

Name:	TyeeRawL-2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	855.3 KB 
ID:	424788

Name:	TyeeRawL-3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	635.8 KB 
ID:	424789

Name:	TyeeRawL-4.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	732.9 KB 
ID:	424790

Name:	TyeeRawL-5.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	970.9 KB 
ID:	424791

Name:	TyeeRawL-6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	424792
    Last edited by smmokan; 09-15-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Beautiful!

Wow, good deal. If I didn't just pick up a RM Altitude...

Sold on Pinkbike.

I'll have another large (bad mint color) for sale in 3-4 weeks, as well as a medium and XL too.

Ugh. An XL, I’m intrigued, I’ll keep an eye peeled for when you post it up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn, sick deal, good on ya!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Ugh. An XL, I’m intrigued, I’ll keep an eye peeled for when you post it up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    XL is now available for sale... will post next week when I'm back from our next trip. It's absolutely mint, only ridden on one trip for 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    XL is now available for sale... will post next week when I'm back from our next trip. It's absolutely mint, only ridden on one trip for 4 days.
    I the mint XL also mint color?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I the mint XL also mint color?
    Yep, sure is. Will also have a M that's the raw carbon color.

I'm also intrigued by the XL. I assume it's the same build? I emailed Propain about a coil shock on the Tyee (as all the reviewers seemed to prefer the coil), but they told me that they won't have any available until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I'm also intrigued by the XL. I assume it's the same build? I emailed Propain about a coil shock on the Tyee (as all the reviewers seemed to prefer the coil), but they told me that they won't have any available until next year.
    Yep, same build.

Cool, thanks! I'll keep my eye open for when you list it.

More general question though (and obviously a fraught one in a for sale thread), but how have you liked the Tyee this year? I saw in another thread you mentioned that the Gnarvana was your favorite in the class. I'm looking for a "pedal up and come back down very chunky, rocky trails" bike (Bootleg Canyon outside of LV is my local area). I'm rarely going THAT fast though, so the Tyee seemed like it might be a good climb/descend mix.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Cool, thanks! I'll keep my eye open for when you list it.

More general question though (and obviously a fraught one in a for sale thread), but how have you liked the Tyee this year? I saw in another thread you mentioned that the Gnarvana was your favorite in the class. I'm looking for a "pedal up and come back down very chunky, rocky trails" bike (Bootleg Canyon outside of LV is my local area). I'm rarely going THAT fast though, so the Tyee seemed like it might be a good climb/descend mix.
    The Tyee definitely pedals/climbs better than the Gnarvana. I think the GG handles chunk a little bit better though, IMO. I think if you put a coil on the Tyee, it would level the playing field. Honestly, I wouldn't be upset with either bike.

Bootleg is your local trail system? Jesus, you must spend hundreds a year on new tires.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The Tyee definitely pedals/climbs better than the Gnarvana. I think the GG handles chunk a little bit better though, IMO. I think if you put a coil on the Tyee, it would level the playing field. Honestly, I wouldn't be upset with either bike.

Bootleg is your local trail system? Jesus, you must spend hundreds a year on new tires.
    Thanks. I love the looks of the Tyee and the reviews sound great (though I likely took myself out of the running by jumping on Falcon's Ripmo PSA...).

Yep, I pedal there out my door to Bootleg in maybe 10 minutes and occasionally commute to work via some of the trails (at which point I'm exhausted and get no work done), but oddly I haven't done that badly on tires. I've lost one since moved here two years ago. I had a run of flats at one point, but am on a good streak now. I'm not riding the crazy stuff at speed, so that helps.

Though I considered not even responding to this as I now know I'm going to jinx it.