Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I remember and entertaining ride up the road to Valhalla with Uber and Splat during the BC summit. Rest easy Uber.

Sad news. Condolences to Cyrus and Lindsey, I know you were very close.
    I have such great memories of those Mammoth Minis, and of UberS

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    Sad news. Condolences to Cyrus and Lindsey, I know you were very close.
    I have such great memories of those Mammoth Minis, and of UberS
    Thanks so much yoga.
    This hurts so much. I have never had anyone this close to me pass away before. We were so close and the three of us maintained contact all these years. I spoke to Josh on the day he died. He was so excited for that day - spending time on the beach with his friends. I had plane tickets to visit him in September and we were so excited to spend time with one another. Now my daughter and I are flying down to LA on Friday for the memorial and events to celebrate his life.

This is part of life. Death. Grief. It hurts, and yet I am so, so very grateful Josh was in my life for so long and we had the kind of friendship we did. So grateful. I feel so lucky he was in my life, and I can say I had such a wonderful friendship with him. This is what life is all about - connected friendships full of deep conversations where our souls are seen and understood. May Josh RIP.
    bc-lovah

Been a long time since I have been here… but no better reason than to say that Josh (Uber) was an outstanding person and stayed a personal friend long after I stopped haunting these halls.

Seeing all the familiar names, I wonder why I ever left… but regardless, anyone got Change for a Nickel? I think Josh would appreciate if you did 🙂💕.
    Last edited by asandygal; 08-30-2022 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Paths crossed a few times among the mid sights madness and always enjoyed his presence. Big loss for us and condolences to those who were closer to him.

rest in peace to an OG.

Good times with Josh were had at the Mammoth Minis.
    He always had a smile and a plan for shenanigans and tomfoolery at the meetups.
    RIP Josh 🙏

Seems like a damn fine dude, thanks for sharing a small slice of his life. Ride in peace Josh. Condolences to his family and all who knew him.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

What a slice of bad news to come back to.

I wasn't as close to Josh as Lego and DG, but I remember him well from many summits and gatherings.
    Josh, you were a great guy to ski and hang with, and you didn't deserve to go so young.
    I poured out a shot of Corralejo Extra Anejo for you.

So sorry to hear about this! RIP to Ubersheist :*( <3
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Bummer.
    I was lucky enough to meet him and ski with him a bunch of times at the maggot gatherings. He was definitely a nice dude.

Rip OG Uber

Wow. Just saw this. A main character in the early days of maggotdom. RIP, Ubes...

Shocked to see this, I immediately thought about how Ubes and Shera rolled her truck on Hiway 50 coming to the Tahoe summit while passing a roach. Both unscathed, they still made it and we all skied and partied like it might never snow again. Thanks for showing up in our lives, Josh.

I too just found this, and am.sorry to hear of such a loss. I only met and skied with Josh at some Mammoth minis, but oh what memories.

It is good to see so many familiar posters laying tribute. I miss seeing all you crazies. No doubt Josh would be pleased to know thoughts of him bring people together.

Take care LS and DG, I am.truly sorry for your loss.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Damn man, the last time I checked in on here I discovered powder11 had passed, and now uber.

I collect uber at the Spokane airport to head to BC for the '03 Summit. It was his first trip to CA. I remember on the drive up stopping at the gas station at the hwy intersection near Rossland (this crew knows the one) and uber came out and was buzzing and proclaimed loudly "I can't believe they have this!" I spun around and saw him holding ... beef jerky? A can of Coke? Hell if I remember, but something really normal. I was just like "dude, we're only like 15 mi from the US!" His enthusiasm was ... significant!

Really sorry to see this, and Lego and divegirl, really sorry for you loss. Not sure we ever met DG, but Lego I still remember that last day of the '03 Summit at KH where we were the only 2 left. God did those conditions suck.

RIP uber

A mutual friend emailed me that Josh died, at 54. It hurts to see someone younger than me gone. It was nice to remember the times we had together. Really sorry for those of you so close to him.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

this sucks.
    will post up some pics i have from a couple mammy mini's.....such a good crew.
    he'll no doubt be missed.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

I missed this a few weeks ago. Sad to see. RIP to a Maggot OG.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Godspeed, Uber. An OG to the bone.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Great guy! Saw him at several summits and stayed with him a couple times when he lived in Glenwood.

RIP.

Rip Josh

He was a quality individual and enjoyed our time together when our paths would cross

Here you go Lego from your wedding

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5161_Original.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	449818

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am just now seeing this,
    Condolences to those who knew and loved him
    I knew him, I skied with him 14 years ago. I really liked him

The world is not a better place

Vibes
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Sorry to hear this. Rest in powder, Ubersheist.

Vibes

Maximum Vibrations to all those near this loss...