Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep. They are in 'suggested for you' boxes right in my feed.
    There are ways to fix that "suggested for you" horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I love the humor of a thread about Facebook bringing out all the people to tell you that they don't have Facebook.
    It's like when white people tell you that they don't have a television but love listening to NPR and eating vegetables.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Never regretted never having one.
    That's what my brother says. I say great, except you've pretty much missed out on everything interesting your extended family has done for the past ten years. Nephews and neices all over the country, and you missed out on the chance to watch them grow up. And for what? Because you're too lazy or stupid to manage some privacy settings.

However, some people don't care what anybody is doing except themselves. Or they get jealous or insecure when somebody posts a cool photo. It's weird. I've never had those issues. To me Facebook is awesome for staying in touch with friends and family no matter where they live.

Facebook.. where people who play well with others and don't threaten random strangers they disagree with hang out. Not a good place to argue politics or spout debunked conspiracy theories. Ya, they go overboard and also sanction harmless sarcasm as well. Bots gotta bot..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That's what my brother says. I say great, except you've pretty much missed out on everything interesting your extended family has done for the past ten years. Nephews and neices all over the country, and you missed out on the chance to watch them grow up. And for what? Because you're too lazy or stupid to manage some privacy settings.

However, some people don't care what anybody is doing except themselves. Or they get jealous or insecure when somebody posts a cool photo. It's weird. I've never had those issues. To me Facebook is awesome for staying in touch with friends and family no matter where they live.
    Thanks Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To me Facebook is awesome for staying in touch with friends and family no matter where they live.
    X2. Set up an account shortly after FB left college campus, and the primary use was sharing day-to-day pics and posts with family and friends, most quite physically distant. Included community events and notifications as well. Privacy set to near hermit for any public stuff.

Yep. I’ve connected with some old school days friends in the last few years due to it. Pretty fun to catch up. Plus keeping in touch with family and other friends is very convenient. Easy to filter out the fodder and weirdos as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    weirdos
    Talking of which Spats is back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Talking of which Spats is back.
    Did not go unnoticed.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

And for what? Because you're too lazy or stupid to manage some privacy settings.
    Oh, my sweet summer child.

That's what my brother says. I say great, except you've pretty much missed out on everything interesting your extended family has done for the past ten years. Nephews and neices all over the country, and you missed out on the chance to watch them grow up.
    Or maybe I could -- I know this sounds crazy -- write a letter, or even pick up my phone, and speak to them personally. I could even go visit them once in a while. It's surprising how much time I have to keep in touch with my friends and relatives, individually and personally, when I'm not spending time on social media.

"Preferring personal interaction over posting on Facebook means I don't care about other people" is a spicy hot take!

I've met many dozens of people via TGR over the years. I've traveled halfway around the world to ski with them, and ran into them in faraway places completely by chance. A few of them remain my real-life friends, decades later. You're welcome to hit me up if you come to Tahoe. But you'll have to do it here, not on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    It's like when white people tell you that they don't have a television but love listening to NPR and eating vegetables.
    Guilty as charged, except I kind of have to eat mostly veggies now and admit some love lost there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I wrote a song about Zuckerman's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Oh, my sweet summer child.

Or maybe I could -- I know this sounds crazy -- write a letter, or even pick up my phone, and speak to them personally. I could even go visit them once in a while. It's surprising how much time I have to keep in touch with my friends and relatives, individually and personally, when I'm not spending time on social media.

"Preferring personal interaction over posting on Facebook means I don't care about other people" is a spicy hot take!

I've met many dozens of people via TGR over the years. I've traveled halfway around the world to ski with them, and ran into them in faraway places completely by chance. A few of them remain my real-life friends, decades later. You're welcome to hit me up if you come to Tahoe. But you'll have to do it here, not on Facebook
    FKNA!! Someone gets it.

Personal and non-social-media interaction will always, always trump that of posting anything to any social media.

Um, ya know you can do both as appropriate, amirite?