Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yeah, and right after that it was Rashaan Salaam winning the Heisman. Good times.
    Yes, my aged, resin soaked brain meant Salaam.

But Rocket was good....
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

How the f did bama get ahead of the Vols, and how the hell did Hooker not get a Heisman nomination.

Crock of bullshit.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    How the f did bama get ahead of the Vols,
    I was wondering the same damned thing. Head to head matchup doesn't mean anything?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yeah, and right after that it was Rashaan Salaam winning the Heisman. Good times.
    Miss those days! Was there from 94-98 and CU was a powerhouse. Good times for sure. Though the beer ban around '96 or so sucked.

How the f did bama get ahead of the Vols, and how the hell did Hooker not get a Heisman nomination.

Crock of bullshit.
    There is always an assumption that any SEC team is good, and for any non-SEC team that assumption is opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    There is always an assumption that any SEC team is good, and for any non-SEC team that assumption is opposite.
    Yeah, but we are a fricking SEC team....
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Yeah, but we are a fricking SEC team....
    Oh. Yeah. I always think of TN as an ACC team. So maybe all the voters make that same mistake

Crock of bullshit.

My guess would be they went by who looked better at the very end of the season and not just the head to head middle of the season? Same reason why Southern Cal dropped 8 spots.. You both got the living shit kicked out of you last game you played, most recent performance test. ..

I can't believe Marshall Tucker is missing this here. Has anybody else tried to contact him? Hope he's OK..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Vanderbilt beat both Kentucky and Florida, both traditionally strong SEC teams.

Tennessee beat Vanderbilt 56-0 which was after Hendon Hooker was injured, with its backup quarterback Joe Milton.

I just don't get it.

Tennessee beat Vanderbilt 56-0 which was after Hendon Hooker was injured, with its backup quarterback Joe Milton.

I just don't get it.
    This year seems be all about how good a team used to be. And my new favorite; it's not about the wins - it's about the quality losses... or some bullshit like that. Because I guess it's not actually about winning anymore, it's about your losses?

The CFP is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    This year seems be all about how good a team used to be. And my new favorite; it's not about the wins - it's about the quality losses... or some bullshit like that. Because I guess it's not actually about winning anymore, it's about your losses?

The CFP is a scam.
    As is the Heisman bullshit. Hooker outperforms them all, even not playing his last two games.

Well, shit, this sucks if true:

https://twitter.com/jim_howington/st...e51a4f_v1.html

I wanted Mike Leach at SC for a long time- very talented offensive mind.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

2022 College Football Thread

I just don't get it.
    Huh? Kentucky and Florida? I guess congrats to TN on almost putting up as many points on Vandy as they gave up to SC. Losses do matter especially when they are extreme.
    Uno mas

Speaking of SC, where’s Marshall Tucker been?

Also, sucks about Leach if true. Best interviews in football right there.
    I still call it The Jake.

I just don't get it.
    Just seeing this...I'll give you FL being traditionally a good SEC team, but Kentucky football? Duh fuck? I guess Tim Couch was ok.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

As is the Heisman bullshit. Hooker outperforms them all, even not playing his last two games.
    Yup. The media so desperately wanted U$C back and to anoint their transfer QB, they did whatever they could. Seemingly selecting him the Heisman before the Trojans got manhandled by Utah. Lame. College football deserves better.

In related news, my Bobcats absolutely trucked the #5 FCS team in the playoffs. Like hurt feelings. It was glorious. Now it's no to Brookings, SD to take on SDSU in what's likely to be a slugfest in blizzard conditions.

RIP Mike Leach. Truly a beautiful mind.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Man Mike Leach passing is brutal. What a character.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

It's on
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1671305586446359650414306252497.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	890.3 KB 
ID:	438644
    Go Beavs!

Vegas baby!!

Ugh, up until 2am last night

Fuck the SEC
    Congrats Beavs!

Dam, that was a tail whooping of the Gators.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Awesome season for the Beavers!
    "Let's be careful out there."