Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Bama getting better. Had a shot sandwhich 3rd qtr but and explosive 4th to win in a tough environment. This stretch of games is brutal. Aggie next and probably with the backup QB. That trip to Knoxville in two weeks is terrifying, haven’t said that in a LONG time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Nebraska... seem like big time programs are pulling the cord a lot earlier in the season now that the kids can in effect do the same (or at least get paid in some instances while waiting it out till they can transfer)?

Power-whatever football just needs to break away from NCAA in its entirety. The illusion of student-athlete amateur football is over. Let er rip.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Nebraska... seem like big time programs are pulling the cord a lot earlier in the season now that the kids can in effect do the same (or at least get paid in some instances while waiting it out till they can transfer)?

Power-whatever football just needs to break away from NCAA in its entirety. The illusion of student-athlete amateur football is over. Let er rip.
    Might as well make it the US/X/FL if we take the students out of the equation. The student body support and being able to identify with the athletes they sit next to in college courses is the fuel that college sports mania runs on. Same goes for alumni remembering the athletes they/we shared the experience with.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Might as well make it the US/X/FL if we take the students out of the equation. The student body support and being able to identify with the athletes they sit next to in college courses is the fuel that college sports mania runs on. Same goes for alumni remembering the athletes they/we shared the experience with.
    I don't know how you'd ever unring the bell. Wasn't it Northwestern students who got their case to the SCOTUS and why pay to play is law of the land now?

That withstanding, perhaps all athletes from HS can just go pro and we stop paying students in college. If they want to develop their skills more great, go to college. It's not like it's uncompensated for the best athletes to attend these universities on full ride scholarships.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't know how you'd ever unring the bell. Wasn't it Northwestern students who got their case to the SCOTUS and why pay to play is law of the land now?

That withstanding, perhaps all athletes from HS can just go pro and we stop paying students in college. If they want to develop their skills more great, go to college. It's not like it's uncompensated for the best athletes to attend these universities on full ride scholarships.
    At least with the NBA, where that kind of jump was most common, and athletically doable, the league themselves got tired of 18 year old man-boys running around with loads of cash and even less brains. They prefer at least one year removed from high school to "grow up" a bit.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Pretty sure they did that because it was to benefit their fellow students. I doubt they'd have done it for totally unaffiliated non students who just want to be pro sports athletes anywhere that will pay them. It was because OTHER people that weren't students were getting rich off the students' IP likenesses in that college uniform.. i.e. video games and gear sales.. If you seperate the student comradery entirely it becomes just supporting whatever pro team INDIVIDUALS prefer and no longer an alma mater situation..

Also, one of the main things that makes college football more exciting than true profession football is the unpredictability of it all and thus potential for upsets. You're not going to get nearly as much of that with professional athletes who don't have to at least pretend to also be passing college courses.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Bama getting better. Had a shot sandwhich 3rd qtr but and explosive 4th to win in a tough environment. This stretch of games is brutal. Aggie next and probably with the backup QB. That trip to Knoxville in two weeks is terrifying, haven’t said that in a LONG time.

Was in Knoxville for the Florida game. It was awesome. Would like to go see Alabama, but tickets are now starting at about $500-800 for a half decent seat. End zone seats start at $300.

The UT Bama game promises to be great. We will see if Tennessee can clean up its play a little and stay competitive. Problem is no one has the depth of Bama. And both teams have some key players on the sidelines.

I though Mizzou was going to pull it off until Bama stopped a drive.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

No updates today? Yeah, looks like it will be a long season for OU fans. On the other hand, Quinn Ewers looks like he’s every bit worth the $4M NIL.

I was driving all day, so only got to watch the highlights, but damn, that felt good! Hopefully, Quinn can stay healthy the rest of the year.

Pac12 officially has the worst refs in the game. The calls against WSU are criminal.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Man, do Pac 12 refs suck.

Don't they understand that this is just a TV show?

It's about entertainment, NOT YOU, ya fucking twinks!
    Last edited by Viva; 10-08-2022 at 11:06 PM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

I’m watching the Oregon St / Stanford game.

Seemingly half the plays are ending with a penalty.

Announcers Mark Jones and Robert Griffin are voicing their frustration with the refs.

They seem to like to the camera time.

Maybe not an exact quote, but close enough.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    No updates today? Yeah, looks like it will be a long season for OU fans. On the other hand, Quinn Ewers looks like he’s every bit worth the $4M NIL.

I was driving all day, so only got to watch the highlights, but damn, that felt good! Hopefully, Quinn can stay healthy the rest of the year.
    Ya, we knew this was a pretty likely outcome with most of the coaching staff and 49+ players gone. I blame OUr fans booing OUr own players at home as much as anyone else for this shitshow. I still have faith that BV is the right leader to right this ship but I expect 2 years of losing or 50/50 seasons before things get better. It could have been worse.

Son was at the game and kind of bummed but still laughing. I reminded him he got to see one of the greatest Red River Rivalry games EVER last year there. Worst shutout of OU ever yesterday. 2000 was also a beatdown with OU 63 and Texas 14

I'm good with Texas having an excellent season, anybody but jOKe State hahaha!

Any pollster who doesn't have OH-IO State at #1 today is biased.

Ya, we knew this was a pretty likely outcome with most of the coaching staff and 49+ players gone. I blame OUr fans booing OUr own players at home as much as anyone else for this shitshow. I still have faith that BV is the right leader to right this ship but I expect 2 years of losing or 50/50 seasons before things get better. It could have been worse.

Son was at the game and kind of bummed but still laughing. I reminded him he got to see one of the greatest Red River Rivalry games EVER last year there. Worst shutout of OU ever yesterday. 2000 was also a beatdown with OU 63 and Texas 14

I'm good with Texas having an excellent season, anybody but jOKe State hahaha!

Like I said, I was driving, so I didn’t watch the game except for highlights, and I was unaware that your main QB was out injured. I know how that can suck!

Coach Sark just earned himself a lifetime job at the 40 acres, or as long as he wants it, anyway.

Where's @Marshall Tucker? Haven't seen him post anywhere but the tennis tread in ages.. SC won a big game yesterday and Rattler played well. He looked really happy after the game. Super glad he's doing well there. He didn't deserve the shit the fans and staff threw at him at OU.

Vols crush LSU, Vols to 6th!!

This weekend is going to be an epic battle I hope.

Nosebleed tickets now over $500. Anything decent is $800 to $1,700 per seat.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Super happy for Josh Heupel. He helped make my day winning our most recent natty.. Wish he was OUr OC but he obviously deserves this head gig..

My kid said one of hos professors at OU walked in to class wearing U Texas gear from head to toe.. LOLOLOLOL! Freaking hilarious!

Super happy for Josh Heupel. He helped make my day winning our most recent natty.. Wish he was OUr OC but he obviously deserves this head gig..
    One of my daughter's friends worked with the football program at UT while she was a student there in the recruiting department. She was picked up by Heuple when he was at Central Florida. He thought enough of her to bring her along with him to Tennessee and she is now the director of recruiting.

https://utsports.com/staff-directory...-brummett/4020

Was at the Bama game this past weekend and it went as expected. Aggie scored 17 off of turnovers. Turn it over 4 times and still win with a first time starter was pretty good. Clearly Bama needs 9 back this weekend to win in Knoxville. I predicted a UT win before the season so I’ll stick with that. 34-24. Bama does have the 6th ranked total D while UT is 87 but Bryce must be healthy and the WRs have to play better (lead the league in drops). Defense needs turnovers, Bama has a negative turnover differential so far.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0082.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	429677

ROLL TIDE ROLL

BIG game tomorrow. Alabama is the better team top to bottom and the UT pass defense is awful, BUT 9 isn’t totally healthy, the WR unit has been trash all year, and the streak had to end at some point. UT-38 Bama 27

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    BIG game tomorrow. Alabama is the better team top to bottom and the UT pass defense is awful, BUT 9 isn’t totally healthy, the WR unit has been trash all year, and the streak had to end at some point. UT-38 Bama 27

Another year, another MTS sandbag.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Can we go ahead and start the 2023 College Football thread? Asking for a friend really I am..

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Another year, another MTS sandbag.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    As dependable as the turn of the seasons.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."