SOLD: Big Agnes "Big Six" Camping Armchair

Great car camping or outing chair for the light weight and small packed size, excellent condition. Only selling because we now have a bigger vehicle and have room for luxury camping recliners.

This one, in Asphalt/Gray color: Big Agnes Big Six Armchair - High & Wide Luxury Camp Chair

SOLD - $125 shipped to lower 48. Venmo or crypto preferred, established mags get priority.

---------------------------------------------
    Trail Weight 3lb 14oz / 1.76kg
    Packed Weight 4lb 2oz / 1.87kg
    Packed Size 22"x 5" x 6" / 56 x 13 x 15cm
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 10-18-2022 at 11:31 AM.

$250 retail for a camp chair? Does it give you blowjobs while you sit in it?

Consider this a free bump.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Once you sit in one of these, look at the quality of the aluminum tubing, and consider the small packed size and weight, you it makes more sense why someone would pay the $250 retail price.

It's a fine chair but what's the intended use? I mean, a 4# chair is unrealistic for actual backpacking unless you're employing llamas or porters. Is it for those times when your kid's sports field is too far from the parking lot to carry your regular camp chair?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I’m more interested in the “luxury camping recliner” you traded up

What’s the new shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

What’s the new shit?
    Perhaps these?
    https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/...iid=1499434293

Or maybe electric La-Z-Boys plugged into a generator.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I've got one of these w/o the drink holders, pretty nice car camping chair. Easier to stow than those folding chairs that are all the rage at 4th of july and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

What’s the new shit?
    https://www.nemoequipment.com/products/stargaze-luxury

7 lbs. It's great but not perfect, the straps kinda get in the way of your arms in some positions. Nice whiskey sipping chair though, especially with a footrest.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    https://www.nemoequipment.com/products/stargaze-luxury

7 lbs. It's great but not perfect, the straps kinda get in the way of your arms in some positions. Nice whiskey sipping chair though, especially with a footrest.
    These are great for car camping, i have one.

Backpacking the last 15 years with the same crazy creek chair. It rolls out flat too for a dog bed at night. Think it’s a pound or less.

https://www.rei.com/product/199538/c...original-chair

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't understand the appeal of the camp chair while backpacking.

When we did the Lost Coast this summer, when we camped at Miller Flat (fuck the crowd, should have stayed at Big Creek) we were the only group out of 7 without camp chairs. It seems like so much extra weight and real estate on a pack. I have always done something like the crazy creek with my thermarest.

This chair is great for river trips. I can fit my chair, sleeping, tent and personals in one dry bag for a week. Not normally a big deal when I'm rowing my own boat but pretty sweet for low water MFS, guest rowing a boat or one guy one small boat trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post

When we did the Lost Coast this summer, when we camped at Miller Flat (fuck the crowd, should have stayed at Big Creek) we were the only group out of 7 without camp chairs. It seems like so much extra weight and real estate on a pack. I have always done something like the crazy creek with my thermarest.
    It's a lux item for sure but definitely worth considering, especially if you're kinda (or all the way) old. My helinox zero chair weighs 16oz and packs as small as nalgene. Depending on the kind of country we're camping in, I either bring it or my hammock on any trip that's more than one quick night. I'm happy to leave a bunch of stuff home but it's sure nice to have a place to sit if we're gonna spend any appreciable amount of time chilling in camp.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I have to agree. I carry the Big Agnes Skyline UL on every backpacking trip and still keep the pack under 25# for 3 nights. Lumbar support is great after a big day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post

It’s of course nice to have when you do bring it. But I agree I never bring a chair mainly because I don’t want to spend a lot on an UL backpacking chair when I only go a couple times a year and I never find myself with extra pack space since all of my gear is on the bulkier/heavier side. I’ll put my tent footprint down and lie against a log
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

$125 shipped

I'll do it. PM Me Venmo.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"