Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 371
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    13,906
    ^^^Pretty fancy for a sandwich served to cigar rollers while they worked

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    18,059
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    John McPhee claimed that was ubiquitous on the Grand Canyon but Iíve only encountered that in his writing. Never heard anyone say that.
    They were always called red and white sammy's. And a taco is not a sammy, nor is a hot dog. And I've never seen a club sammy with cheese on it. Not right.

    A good carnitas torta is up there for me. Try the one from the taco stand in Green River.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    33,751
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    20,935
    Pastrami Ruben on rye, Swiss and Dijon. At Langerís Deli.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SLCizzy
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I miss the pickles, lox and bagels of the local Shorewood deli bitd, .
    Benjiís?



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    12,441
    Another favorite is The Friday Special with tomato:
    Tuna and egg salad, with lettuce, tomato and gobs of Russian dressing
    ďHow does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I donít know, go ask Rory GallagherĒ. ó Jimi Hendrix

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    didnít see a dibellas godfather

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,893
    Montreal smoked meat from Schwartz also in the running for me.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    12,441
    I had one of my favorite warm sandwiches tonight:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5731668-584B-4ED2-A0CE-BC136DE5E101.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1,004.8 KB 
ID:	424321
    Cheese Steak sandwich made with 7oz beef tenderloin, goat cheese crumbles, onions, Calabrian chilis and peppers.
    …bammm!
    ďHow does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I donít know, go ask Rory GallagherĒ. ó Jimi Hendrix

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I thought so; that's where I referenced an MLT.

    So ..... imma disappoint no meat flap reference yet.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    20,759
    Make me a sammich!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    2,669

    Favorite sandwich?

    A fried something po-boy.

    What about Gyro and Doenner Kebab? Sandwiches?

    Oh so many choices. I want to do a homemade pastrami this winter.

    Anybody mention the chopped brisket sandwich? Ooooo. Thatís a good one!

    Whoever said Cochon should also try Napoleon House.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    8,284
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I like a BLT as much as the next guy but my go to sandwich has been and likely always will be a tuna salad on some sort of dark bread, sliced peppercini's, pepper jack cheese, lettuce and tomato. Avo if we are going overboard. I must have so much mercury in me from eating those over the last 55 years.
    I went through a phase from 3rd-5th grade of essentially only wanting a tuna sandwich for my lunch so I also question my mercury intake.
    I still love them but partake less frequently in my adulthood
    skid luxury

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    6,296

    Favorite sandwich?

    Iím partial to a triple decker pastrami, Swiss and Gouda with caramelized onions and butter. Pressed
    Served with a side of reduced beef stock and beef debris and a good hot sauce.

    Long ago that sando was named after me on a menu board in Missoula.

    Iím a sucker for a good ole toasted ham and American with tons of ham and cheese. That ainít bad with carm onions too.

    For cold Iím all about an Italian meat medley with lots of whatever cheese happens to strike me. Some sort of pesto and roasted bell peppers.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    12,258
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I went through a phase from 3rd-5th grade of essentially only wanting a tuna sandwich for my lunch so I also question my mercury intake.
    I still love them but partake less frequently in my adulthood
    Me too, but a little older. At that age I was all in on PB&J.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    12,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    A fried something po-boy.
    Yes! Still high on my list.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    21,398
    Bahn mi at Juno's in Sacramento. I get one any time I'm down there. Mark makes his own sourdough--I got my starter from him. Really lovely people too, Mark, Sue and Amy. They put water out on the sidewalk for dogs and they have dog treats too. (Juno was a dog, RIP) A brisket sandwich from Roxie is an alternative if it's Th or Fri and I already had my bahn mi.
    In Truckee--cheese steak at Full Belly Deli. Had one today.
    If I had to choose going out for lunch or for dinner I'd do lunch. I don't have to choose, but I like to cook my own dinner most nights.

    I don't agree with gyros and kebab being sandwiches. Then we have to call hmburgers and hot dogs sandwiches. I'd rather be able to pick a best sandwich, a best burger, a best gyro, and a dog. What if the Grammy's had only one category and Beyonce won every year?

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    A fried something po-boy.

    What about Gyro and Doenner Kebab? Sandwiches?

    Oh so many choices. I want to do a homemade pastrami this winter.

    Anybody mention the chopped brisket sandwich? Ooooo. Thatís a good one!

    Whoever said Cochon should also try Napoleon House.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I was the one who said Cochon. Maybe Iíll have to try Napoleon House next time Iím in New Orleans for work. Co-workers who live there were talking up the muffuletta at Cochon.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    A fried something po-boy.

    What about Gyro and Doenner Kebab? Sandwiches?

    Oh so many choices. I want to do a homemade pastrami this winter.

    Anybody mention the chopped brisket sandwich? Ooooo. That’s a good one!

    Whoever said Cochon should also try Napoleon House.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Which kind of doner? The Turkish bread ones definitely count as sandwiches. Because requiring a sandwich to be two seperate pieces of bread is stupid

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Bahn mi at Juno's in Sacramento. I get one any time I'm down there. Mark makes his own sourdough--I got my starter from him. Really lovely people too, Mark, Sue and Amy. They put water out on the sidewalk for dogs and they have dog treats too. (Juno was a dog, RIP) A brisket sandwich from Roxie is an alternative if it's Th or Fri and I already had my bahn mi.
    In Truckee--cheese steak at Full Belly Deli. Had one today.
    If I had to choose going out for lunch or for dinner I'd do lunch. I don't have to choose, but I like to cook my own dinner most nights.

    I don't agree with gyros and kebab being sandwiches. Then we have to call hmburgers and hot dogs sandwiches. I'd rather be able to pick a best sandwich, a best burger, a best gyro, and a dog. What if the Grammy's had only one category and Beyonce won every year?
    Ooooohh, haven't been to Juno's in years. But I will go out of my way to say hi to Chris at Roxie. My office used to be a block away and I'd be there 3 times a week, minimum. You try his meatball mafia on dutch? That is my #1 with a bullet. The brisket there is damn good too.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Chicken Parm. I strangely like it with romaine. Or a NY roast beef sliced paper thin with lots of black pepper, mayo, fresh tomato, and shredded lettuce.
    I havenít had a decent chicken parm since I was ruined by a little hole in the wall in Jersey City (2nd Street Bakery). Wow that place was amazing.

    I love a good Cuban, but my local places donít slop on enough meat so the pickle ends up overpowering the meat in the taste profile.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,400
    After a few hours of reflection on the topic I remember eating turkey sandwiches post Thanksgiving consisting of the turkey w mayo, a layer of stuffing(made w Bell's seasoning), and some thin slices of jellied cranberry sauce on top of that on the best available bread. The bread could have been bakery white bread, Italian, or a baguette. I can taste the New England style stuffing recipe now and the turkey before the taste was completely lost in the effort to breed faster growing birds.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    12,258
    Make that bread sourdough, and that's me from thanksgiving until the leftovers run out.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    21,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Ooooohh, haven't been to Juno's in years. But I will go out of my way to say hi to Chris at Roxie. My office used to be a block away and I'd be there 3 times a week, minimum. You try his meatball mafia on dutch? That is my #1 with a bullet. The brisket there is damn good too.
    Never tried the meatball. Now I'm going to have to. Gives me a reason to go there midweek.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,457
    crispy bacon on spouted wheat bread with gruyere melted & topped with a fried egg every day for brunch while wanking about on the internet seems to take me thru to dinner so I don't need to eat any of them other sandwiches
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •