Do Any Of You Use Luggage Trackers?

Just curious due to all of the airline chaos this year. Would it even help? Any successful stories?
    I have an android phone and a (non phone) IPad.
    Thanks in advance.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just curious due to all of the airline chaos this year. Would it even help? Any successful stories?
    I have an android phone and a (non phone) IPad.
    Thanks in advance.
    If I did it would be the most expensive thing in my suitcase. Between the Hanes beefy T’s and old navy chino’s/cargo shorts (depending on the season) I can replace my entire checked luggage for $50 or so
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Yeah, I’m traveling with a 5 figure bicycle, to Mexico and Perú. I could use some peace of mind, if you follow.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ah. I think those AirTags are useful for this purpose…. Congrats on the bike, and the vacay!

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    If I did it would be the most expensive thing in my suitcase. Between the Hanes beefy T’s and old navy chino’s/cargo shorts (depending on the season) I can replace my entire checked luggage for $50 or so
    There are no beefier T's than the ones they sell in Costco. My son likes them and they are close to a sweatshirt in thickness. 7 of them are a full load in the washer, sort of like putting a comforter in.

There are holders made for air tags that can be mounted inconspicuously behind the bracket for water bottles. For a bike of that value it's probably a must have no matter where you are. Hopefully there is an android product that is similar.

We will likely get some for our bags on the next trip. Good way to track when lost.

Shiffrin and other ski teamers had lost bags on their recent flight. They were able to tell the airline exactly where they were (which was different than where the airline scans had them).

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

My kid lost her wallet at a concert this summer and coincidentally her boyfriend had given her an Airtag a few weeks before and she put it in her wallet. So next morning we track the wallet to a coffee shop and the app points at a guy on his laptop in the corner, similar to how an avy beacon works. The look on the guy's face when I asked him if he found a wallet last night was priceless. Pulled it out of his bag muttering some mumbo jumbo about how he was going to try looking for her online "later." Why didn't he just turn it into lost and found at the concert? Was probably trying to figure out how to sell her info when we showed up. Oh yeah she had her SS card in there because she just started a new job and needed to show her employer, so she was very vulnerable to ID theft.

Point being the Airtags work. Just make sure a savvy thief can't find it and chuck it.

Damn. I had no idea.

Now I want AirTags.

I played baseball with two brothers whose prominent local businessman father was arrested a few years back for stalking his ex with an AirTag taped in one of her wheel wells. They are very versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    “[Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office] investigators made consensual contact with De Luca [on Aug. 10] at his home on Kathy Court.”

Good thing it was consensual or I would have had to drag their asses in the ‘police behaving badly’ thread. But is it truly possible to consent when dealing with someone in a position of authority over you? Hmm…

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I played baseball with two brothers whose prominent local businessman father was arrested a few years back for stalking his ex with an AirTag taped in one of her wheel wells. They are very versatile.

Maybe it’s a new feature and only available to iPhones but if your phone notices an AirTag or even AirPods that aren’t associated with your account it will send you a notification saying “ hey this item is tracking you and here is where it went”

I was driving with a friend for a couple of hours and he had AirPods with him and my phone notified me that they had been tracking and they are not associated with me