Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Pogo makes lots of big boards-beautiful craftsmanship.
    Copper tipped, what looked like ivory logo inlay. The 189 had a couple tail ‘convex dimples’ Rode a couple, 189, 205. Think 240cm is the longest stock board in their line Have a good friend from Germany who had a hook up w then. Pure beasts, fun to rip. They command a hefty price

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Pogo makes lots of big boards-beautiful craftsmanship.
    Copper tipped, what looked like ivory logo inlay. The 189 had a couple tail ‘convex dimples’ Rode a couple, 189, 205. Think 240cm is the longest stock board in their line Have a good friend from Germany who had a hook up w then. Pure beasts, fun to rip. They command a hefty price

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ivory logo inlay... very nice. Saw the dude again yesterday and he was saying he rode for Pogo as well

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Homie was out with his 306cm yesterday.

He rides a wide alpine stance because duck footed makes him feel like he's sitting in a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by allmountainsnowskating View Post

He rides a wide alpine stance because duck footed makes him feel like he's sitting in a chair.

This pic cracks me up because you happened to snap it with my kid right behind the board in this pic, he's been down there the last couple weeks coaching race kids thru 07/01.

Well that and the 300+cm snowboard.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

It would have to be so stiff for the nose to be anything but a measurement stunt. Ive ridden the Lib doughboy shredder 196, and that was already crazy. Riding a yuge board is such a change- gotta plan your lines more but railing turns feels like a different sport almost.

What I really want to see is one of these monsters in deep powder.

Wonder how they pressed that cuz it would be a long fucking press ??

the local ski maker did some 204's for a bro so I asked why 204 ?

he bought a steel beam for the press, whacked it into 4 equal lengths and the longest ski he could fit in the press was 204
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    This pic cracks me up because you happened to snap it with my kid right behind the board in this pic, he's been down there the last couple weeks coaching race kids thru 07/01.

Well that and the 300+cm snowboard.
    How serendipitous! You must be so proud of your boy! Like father like son. Here's to hoping for a third generation racer son in the future!

We met a wonderful family like that at Ski Bowl last season, who were three generation racer boys, and Dad and Grandpa had broken their legs training on Reynolds run. Someday, the son would carry on the family tradition and break his leg there, too. It was weirdly wholesome and heartwarming and so funny because they were all on their way to ski Reynolds. What a nice memory.

The summer race camps are a big operation. It's fun to pick up the little kids as single riders on the lift and chat with them and see how far they've traveled to train. Sometimes, they almost sound like little adults, and I theorize it's because they spend so much time talking to coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by allmountainsnowskating View Post

Saw it in half and you have two decent boards.

A guy named Doug Dryer in Bend had Tinkler Snowboards build a 252 for him years ago. At the time that was thought to be the longest board in the world, and a 282 was said to be in the works. Even so, I guess he lost the crown now. Having said that, I wonder how that 306 rides; Doug could definitely tear it up on his 252: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLF6aosPfbo&t=27

I rode the chair with Doug at Bachelor once and we talked about the geometry a bit. It had almost no sidecut because with a board that long, the tip and tail get unreasonably wide in a hurry. He was super comfortable on it but I don't think he rode it all day, think he switched to something friendlier like a 202

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    ... What I really want to see is one of these monsters in deep powder.
    I've not seen anyone on anything above about 2m. Those massive toys wouldn't fit in a helicopter basket.

However, back in the day people would turn up with the Dough Boys and a few other large boards. None of them could rip, and none of them took those big boards out two days in a row.

My old big day board was a Morrow Matt Goodwill 176, big stiff block of foam cored crap.
    I also rode a friend's custom Summit 190, that was about as big as I want to go. Tree riding in powder felt like trying to drive a class A RV through Manhattan

effective edge looks to be under 200cm, gonna need some real estate to turn that thing.
    170 is about the longest I'll take in the trees, unless it's open glade.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Alright for real though who brings their skis/board inside the lodge?

I most certainly carry my skis into that lodge with me. This picture is in the skiers day lodge right in front of the rental and service shop entrance. If you were to rent skis at this place or bring them in for work at the shop or drop them at the ski check this is the corridor you bring your skis down. With a sport like skiing it just makes sense to have a lodge for skiers to be able to go inside. but If that is not for you there is another lodge across the lot where they will ask you to leave your gear outside and you can check out little slippers to wear by the fire
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Alright for real though who brings their skis/board inside the lodge?