Need a better pack than 100oz camelback lobo.

Had a camelback mule for years...made them more of a backpack these days...too big for my liking. Have a camelback lobo now...nice size but a bitch getting the bladder in. Looking for an alternative...

Buddy I rode with last weekend had a fanny pack/backpack hybrid that looked pretty slick. Big compartments all down low but running vest style ventilated support straps. Forget the brand but think it started with an H. Somebody here might know. If I was looking for something bigger than a fanny pack that's where I'd start.

Edit: Brand is Henty

I love my Dakine Seeker 10L

For everything but the biggest days I carry this little Black Diamond running pack:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 3.31.29 PM.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	397.4 KB 
ID:	423630

I like having food, phone, etc accessible in the vest pockets. Slots in the sides carry a pump and a dog water bowl.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Buddy I rode with last weekend had a fanny pack/backpack hybrid that looked pretty slick. Big compartments all down low but running vest style ventilated support straps. Forget the brand but think it started with an H. Somebody here might know. If I was looking for something bigger than a fanny pack that's where I'd start.

Edit: Brand is Henty
    I have run a Henty for several years and it's great, but honestly if I want lots of water, snacks, maybe a layer I run my Osprey Synchro 20. This pack totally changed my mind on backpacks because of the special vented back panel thing which keeps the actual pack away to allow airflow. I was very anti backpack for a long time because almost all of them are too hot.

I raced 4 days with the Synchro in Mexico last fall and it's pretty much the best pack I have ever owned related to bikes.

How much water do you *need*? That's how you should start the search.

Ergon packs are the best wearing that I've tried. I have the predecessor to the BA3. Fits 100 oz bladder and TONS of room for whatever else. Pack is expandable with good compression so it still wears well when not as full. Has really generous hip pockets for phone, snacks, whatever. Best thing is Ergon packs ride low on your back with most of the weight concentrated in the lumbar area so nothing hitting you in the back of the head when sending, and low center of gravity.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Still rocking a Dakine apex from almost 20 yars ago really good quality, it can carry all kinds of shit including your helmet on the uptrack in a mesh thingy on the back but not enough pack for packing skis
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Big fan of Osprey packs...have the Raptor 10, and a Zealot 16. The raptor is great for every day rides, holds 3l of water and plenty of gear. The Zealot is a lot bigger-my go to for lift served or riding with the kiddos (when I need to carry ALL the snacks), and for when I do bike patrol as it can carry everything and then some. I've been super happy with the Osprey fit, as well as the back ventilation.