Thread: Blister Summit

Blister Summit

Search didn't show anything about the summit, I did get a fun read through of the Blister Tech Talk thread which started w/ a lot of bashing but by the end seemed to be supportive, even had posts from JFE himself.

Anyways, anyone gone to one of their summits? How was it? Would you go again? Highlights?

I just registered for this years and planning to make a CO trip out of it, we'll see if the summit ends up being the highlight or not.

same

I signed up as well for the same reasons. If nothing else I get 4 days of demoing and skiing in CO.

I went last year for the early sessions. They had 2 different sessions across a full week. This year just the 4 day. I’m sure that’s easier to manage both demo and panel discussions. I liked the panel sessions. Some good insight from various supplier reps and athletes. We got a solid storm during my demo days so I didn’t ski as many different brands as I intended to only because I was chasing pow. Demos were an easy set up and I liked that the reps wanted to hear feedback and took the time to talk to you about the skis. I signed up to go again this year.

Anyone go to Blister Summit this year and have feedback? Thinking of going next year and avoid spending $$$ and time buying skis and instead trying them all in one place.

Did you end up doing 4 days in-bounds?
    Is it worth doing any of the touring?
    Do they have discounted lift tickets available or am I on the hook at full price?

This year was pretty similar to my comments above from last year. Good snow fall so I stayed on the resort since it gave me the best opportunity to try multiple different skis. I haven’t tried the touring options mainly because I’m pretty happy with my current set up. I have a pass so not sure about discounted tickets but don’t believe that’s offered. Discount on the event if you sign up before end of May. Buddy passes would be an option. If I go again I could hook some people up. I rarely use them.