Bing bang ow -crash

So pissed at myself for making a big mistake. New-ish tech feature with roll off boulder to a sharp right turn. I had ridden it twice before, but I failed this time. There's a blind transition rock at the base you need to hit and I missed it by an inch or two. Front tire to dead flat and over I went. First thing to hit was the back of my helmet and then my back slammed a boulder (why it's an immediate right turn) to an instant stop. Two broken transverse processes, one rib, and a burped lung.

POC helmet saved my head, but she's all done. Broke my Smith glasses also. Good news is my bike is fine.

Heal up fast. Sometimes the rocks bite back

Bummer jackstraw. Hopefully you heal up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch.

Name:  Image1660049108.853577.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  55.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Ouch.

Name:  Image1660049108.853577.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  55.2 KB
    Ha! Perfect!

So POC offers a crash replacement within two years which is pretty cool. I don't know if other do also, but they're giving me a 40% off code. That helps a lot!

Oooooof, nice impact on that POC, would have been straight into the squishier part of the skull. Glad your melon is intact! No concussion? Not that you need to make the list of ailments longer...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Yeah, no concussion. Catching my breath took a minute of two. Helmet completely saved my head. It was the first thing to hit. I guess I was a little beyond inverted when I made initial contact with the ground. Took it on the C. This was a slow speed crash, so just a drop type fall. I've certainly seen helmet damage much worse.

Your brain not rattling in the skull is enough of a win, especially when landing melon first!

I got a concussion from an impact that barely left a mark on the outer shell, took me a few days to spot the crack in the foam, the helmet looked like new. OTOH last year I smashed the side of my head into an aspen going pretty fast, didn't get concussed (just a sore neck), but the helmet looked like it had been attacked by a bear armed with a large hammer. The lord of helmet works in mysterious ways...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise