Thread: Trail treasures

Trail treasures

I came across an ebike left on the side of a trail. the bike has been there for at least 3 weeks. is it free game? It is on a some what remote trail and considering it is more of a commuter ebike I'm guessing the person got in over their head and just ditched the bike.

At this point, I feel the bike’s fallen under the finders-keepers law of America.

likely stolen. But...sounds like its yours!

Stolen and dumped, perhaps?

Yeah, until the guy who had it stolen sees you riding it and possibly has an arsenal of assault weapons (because 'merica fuck yah) and goes postal on your ass.

Turn the thing in to da police. Karma points.

^^^ This
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Based on where the bike is I would doubt it was stolen. It is pretty far out in the middle of nowhere.

Did you look around in the bushes for the rider that keeled over from a heart attack?

Battery ran out and it was unthinkable to peddle out?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Did you look around in the bushes for the rider that keeled over from a heart attack?
    I did not notice anyone but it is a real concern that I could find a body if I poke around more. Although i assume i would smell them after 3+weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Battery ran out and it was unthinkable to peddle out?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think it would be impossible to peddle a dead ebike out of the location. It is 5 miles up some really steep loose shit or 12+ miles the other way which has some pretty technical stuff and a fair bit of climbing as well. Im still 50/50 on if it is worth it to hike out there and push it back.

Can't you tow the thing out with another ebike?
    off your knees Louie

Is this an episode of Stranger Things?

The bike is obviously sentient and perfectly content out there. Disturbing it will unleash its wrath.
    swing your fucking sword.

If you do take it (no judgment) put up 'Found Bike' signs with your contact info at the access points. Maybe a note on local forums or groups.

Go out there, bring some red paint, scatter it everywhere along with some whole food reusable bags and maybe a baguette or essential oil bottles and some ripped all bird shoes.

took about 5 hours but she is out of the woods, no portals to other dimensions opened up. looks like it has a busted controller and unfortunately I need to remove the battery to replace the controller but obviously dont have the key to remove the battery. shit haha.

Quote Originally Posted by troth View Post
    took about 5 hours but she is out of the woods, no portals to other dimensions opened up. looks like it has a busted controller and unfortunately I need to remove the battery to replace the controller but obviously dont have the key to remove the battery. shit haha.
    Screwdrivers and drills make great keys.

Quote Originally Posted by troth View Post
    Drilling is standard.