Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Just imagine for a moment - other people's needs, wants, and desires, aren't like yours.
    That’s the most un American thing I’ve e er read here, how dare you!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I remember one time accidentally inverting my display... Fucking took me forever to figure out how I did that to undo it.. Rebooting didn't restore it.

I run multiple displays at home all plugged in to different USB and HDMI ports. But at work there's a hub with all the displays going to ONE HDMI or USB-C on the computer.. That one there was a special driver I had to add to make it work.. Think it was related to the brand of the multi display hub.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If any mac people want some shit like this, I used to use Spectacle (and still do) but it isn't maintained anymore. But this looks promising: https://rectangleapp.com/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Haven’t used a PC since 2015 and I’m very happy with that decision. Microsoft continues to boggle my mind. Why work harder instead of smarter?
    Because macs can't run most business software and are a nightmare to manage in any company scenario? Oh, and don't forget more expensive and proprietary.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Because macs can't run most business software and are a nightmare to manage in any company scenario? Oh, and don't forget more expensive and proprietary.
    So you use Linux?

I love a good IT fight.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

He hasn't used a MS operating system in 7 years so his opinion is extremely valid

I use 3 monitors. I dont divide them.

It’s ok to just say you don’t like em.
    And your statement is not true at all but we all live in our own worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    He hasn't used a MS operating system in 7 years so his opinion is extremely valid
    When I can do everything I need to and be way more efficient, why would I ever use an inferior product?

It’s ok to just say you don’t like em.
    And your statement is not true at all but we all live in our own worlds.
    As some of my best friends are sysadmins with mixed Mac/windows pops and I support large amounts of business tech initiative I'm fairly confident of my take. That said, depends on your ecosystem and how much saas you use.

Best monitor divider software for windblows?

When I can do everything I need to and be way more efficient, why would I ever use an inferior product?
    I can’t do my job on a Mac, not without running Windows on it. schuss’s take on sysadmin mirrors what I’ve seen/experienced, especially in an organization that relies heavily on Microsoft for things like email and backup.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Best monitor divider software for windblows?

so if an organization is tethered to proprietary ms software it’s apple’s fault for making other proprietary software? got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    so if an organization is tethered to proprietary ms software it’s apple’s fault for making other proprietary software? got it.
    Apple doesn't make servers.

If a company wants to rely on serves for storage or web hosting, they have to turn elsewhere, either linux, which has it's own nightmare of version jungles or msft. The problem with system level character representation and string handling between these operating systems is what keep IT d00dz in schecckels.

But really, all the ignorant prancing is so completely sophomoricly bush.

But I think I now understand what divider software is. Kind of.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I run some pretty big analytical business data sets. Team of a few hundred analysts used to be 100% PCs due to the MS office, Power BI, Tableau, etc limitations with MACs. Around 2016 the MACS started getting better with those platforms. We're now about 50/50 with the last main hurdle, MS Excel Data Models, now being handled by MACS almost as well as with PCs..

So, pretty much everyone is right, just not current...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    well, there are two. one for diving a monitor into little sections to put apps and the other is called Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    well, there are two. one for diving a monitor into little sections to put apps and the other is called Windows.
    From what I gather, ISBM's referring to apps or system extensions that map certain programs to windows located at explicit screen coordinates. FancyZones in Win11 for example.

Is monitor diving an olympic event yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Apple doesn't make servers.

If a company wants to rely on serves for storage or web hosting, they have to turn elsewhere, either linux, which has it's own nightmare of version jungles or msft. The problem with system level character representation and string handling between these operating systems is what keep IT d00dz in schecckels.

But really, all the ignorant prancing is so completely sophomoricly bush.

Is it a desktop manager? I'm still sorta lost.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Is it a desktop manager? I'm still sorta lost.

FancyZones is a window manager utility for arranging and snapping windows into efficient layouts to improve the speed of your workflow and restore layouts quickly. FancyZones allows you to define a set of zone locations to be used as targets for windows on your desktop. When you drag a window into a zone, or enter the associated keyboard shortcut, the window is resized and repositioned to fill that zone.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...oys/fancyzones

Works for macs : rectangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I love a good IT fight.

Srsly.

It's almost as good as arguments about microwave wiring.

im just trying to stay out of politics

As some of my best friends are sysadmins with mixed Mac/windows pops and I support large amounts of business tech initiative I'm fairly confident of my take. That said, depends on your ecosystem and how much saas you use.
    So your that guy huh. I’ve worked with you.

What is wrong with the built in Windows solution that is free. I assume you just want to split the monitor in half or 2 separate apps (maybe even resize one a bit bigger than the other) and show 2 applications side by side? That can be done in Windows. Like others, never heard of monitor divider software.... It is an axe or a saw that can best split and divide your monitor into 2 separate screens (but do not expect it to work properly after you do that....

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I run some pretty big analytical business data sets. Team of a few hundred analysts used to be 100% PCs due to the MS office, Power BI, Tableau, etc limitations with MACs. Around 2016 the MACS started getting better with those platforms. We're now about 50/50 with the last main hurdle, MS Excel Data Models, now being handled by MACS almost as well as with PCs..

So, pretty much everyone is right, just not current...
    You realize powerbi doesn't have a Mac client, right?
    For personal use, if you're ok buying all idevices, macs are great. For business they don't have good custom policy deployment tools or as much control for companies to tune access and updates. Macs also gate off a bunch of web compliance stuff so people can't replicate native ios functions via web, which is shitty.