They Call It Harsh Your Mellow (Quite Rightly)

Tales of the very high, and the very low. Is there anywhere this isn't happening?

Sun Valley’s Housing Crisis Exposes a ‘House of Cards 07/31/22

Tahoe’s housing crisis is so bad ski resorts are lodging workers in campsites 08/05/22

If you get paywalled try using browser reader view

A couple of years ago Moonshine did a piece showing all the developments that had been approved by Placer County and Truckee with requirements for workforce housiing and how many had been completed or substantially built without said workforce housing. Maybe the crisis has worsened to the point that they will start enforcing the requirements. I know for a fact though that Truckee is vigorously enforcing unpermitted second and third units. They should be giving the owners a medal, a permit with no fee, and a deed restriction--full time rental only.

a few years ago i was helping the mayor get re-elected so we stopped at my house for a tool or something and he asked about the house so i told him it had an illegal suite and he said " I'm pretty sure the zoning is OK here nudge nudge wink wink

I don't think they enforce any thing here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's everywhere people want to be.

BTV

sevendaysvt.com

Renters' Prison: How a Merciless Market of Unchecked Rent Hikes Traps Vermont Tenants
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    It's everywhere people want to be.
    It seems more and more "Its everywhere people are."

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    sevendaysvt.com

Renters' Prison: How a Merciless Market of Unchecked Rent Hikes Traps Vermont Tenants
    For the past two legislative sessions, Rep. Curt McCormack (D-Burlington) introduced a bill that would have enabled municipalities to enact such rent control ordinances. McCormack, who is not running for reelection, said out-of-control prices are crushing tenants in his city, where the majority of residents are renters.

His bill never got a hearing.

Sadly this seems to be the norm.

It now takes a full-time income of more than $61 an hour to comfortably afford the rent for an average two-bedroom apartment in the San Francisco metro area.

In San Francisco, you must make this much money to rent an apartment

Just check 6 min in if you don't care to watch the whole thing.

There is a thread for this...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

From the thread title I thought Donovan must have died. That would suck, because I've always liked Donovan. Like this great song:

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    From the thread title I thought Donovan must have died. That would suck, because I've always liked Donovan.
    I as well, and not just his music, but perhaps even more so for teaching Lennon & McCartney to finger-pick.

This is good, and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There is a thread for this...
    Yea, you're soaking in it. Where's the other one?

( That I probably already posted in. LoL. )