Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Whenever I see Endlessseason post pop in this forum I read it, always good to hear from you.

Congrats on the streak especially with that very impressive life blog/injury post.

Also sweet dirty gray beard.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Endlessseason View Post
    Yeah, you could say that. I ran out of snow in August of 1994, which forced me to switch from a weekly to a monthly goal.
    Then, in just those first 10 years:
    ˑBroke my right forefinger in two places, spiral fracture, in a freak accident in the bumps.
    ˑHad to have serious cartilage damage in my left knee repaired.
    ˑWent back to university to get another degree in a two-year program.
    ˑGot laid off from the dream job I'd had since the 80s.
    ˑGot another job, then a better one--trying to keep the streak going through months of required training at out-of-state headquarters was taxing to say the least.
    ˑSurvived 4 serious concussions during this period.
    ˑWife understandably kicked me out. We were separated for about a year.
    ˑTore my ACL off in an eggbeater fall while goofing around with a bunch of guys from this forum in late May '03 at Snowbird. The streak was just ten years old at the time.
    ˑHad a complete ACL replacement in July '03; after which you are not supposed to ski for at least 6 months. Which isn't compatible with a monthly ski streak... I'll just say my surgeon thought I was nuts, but he worked with me off-the-record so that I could keep it going.

In the other 20 years:
    ˑBroke both heels on a horrific tabletop landing at Telluride.
    ˑLost my really good career job.
    ˑHad 7 grandkids, 3 with serious birth complications.
    ˑStarted a completely new career in another state, but promised my wife we would not move. So I have commuted back and forth from Utah for 16 years.
    ˑDied at the end of August last year from covid and have been trying to recover ever since.
    ˑI re-tore my ACL the season before last, but since I hate post-surgery rehab, and it's apparently still attached, I'm gonna keep working with what I've got until I can't.
    ˑAt the moment I can't remember some of the other injuries I've had. I tend to block them out of my memory in time. Which I think is key if you want to keep doing something which can cause injury heh.
    Dude ….

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I would currently be on an 8 year streak which includes a total knee replacement, but in 2018 I forgot June only had 30 days...
    Hahahaahaa!!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    That double heel must have been particularly tough. i'm guessing it happened close to the beginning of the month so you could wait until close to the end of the next?
    That's exactly what happened. I couldn't walk for days; not even with crutches. Because the pain was so unbelievable if I tried touching the ground with either foot. I mean, it's an intense, unrelenting pain you can't do anything for anyway. Even completely unweighted in bed. To make it through, there was a point when I just had to give up trying to fight the pain, or trying to treat it. I remember having to mentally check out for a few days during the worst of it. Anyway, I believe I had 5 or 6 weeks to think about how I was gonna get my feet into ski boots. It's been almost 15 years since it happened, yet my left heel still has weird crunching or something grinding in there if I walk barefoot on a hard floor. And when I first put weight on it in the morning.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

S_jenks, yes most of them have become kind of a big memory blob. But there are so many that stand out for one reason or another that I don't think I could pare a list down to a handful, let alone one. I've kept really detailed notes and taken thousands of pics over all the years. So one of my someday projects will be to put something together that might be of interest to skiers.
    For the first few years, I posted many of the experiences on the old Powdermag forum as they happened. What I wouldn't give to have those posts back... Anyway, after that ski forum and the old r.e.c. bulletin board defuncted, I posted quite a bit here for five or so years. Until I got myself a small business that takes so much of my time. Someday, I keep telling myself.

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's good to see so many of you are still here!

Life in general is enough of an obstacle for our normal seasonal pursuits, let alone without the added “distractions” you’ve listed above.

I think I can speak for many of us here saying you’ve truly earned the title , Endlessseason!

Truly impressive work man.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Endless Season of alpine skiing just passed 359 months

Holy shit, I can’t wrap my mind around keeping this streak alive with double calcaneus fractures. Where will you go for Sept turns?

Edit: never mind, saw Palmer snowfield for Sept turns. Nice.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by zion zig zag; 08-07-2022 at 09:34 AM.

FKNA! 30 years! Way to go, Ron!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Congratulations.
    Amazing story of perseverance through injury.
    Enjoyed seeing all the old dogs posting up here too.

That's some serious dedication!

Good on ya.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Absolutely outstanding! Your will and dedication is beyond immense...or you're just batshit crazy!

And if I read it correctly, I'm terribly sorry for your recent loss due to covid. Condolences and all the best moving forward.

^^^. I think he meant he figuratively died and still has long Covid.

Wow. What an obsession. If I had a summer snowfield I could see making a few turns in summer.

Otoh it’s nice to put the gear away and switch to other sports.

Either way. Damn bro. Quite the accomplishment!!

What is the plan for month 360? That’s a big one.
    Hope you’re heading southern hemisphere for a reward.

Big respect. Congrats!

Congratulations.

You’ll have to do a bit of walking for your 30th since TLine will be stopping lifts on August 21

A local I often do turns with has 25+ year, a key to turns every month is to go on the last day of the month and stay for the 1st day of the next month and don't have kids
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Re: Palmer in September!

Closing day this season is August 21st.

I only made it to 105 months, but did enjoy Hood turns, too.

Yeah, Sunday I read about T-line's decision to close early despite having enough snow they could've made it to Labor Day this year. I've been a loyal T-line summer customer for 35+ years. It's more than a little disappointing to see they've lost the plot for what put them on the international map in the first place. Their draw has certainly not been their winter season terrain or winter ski experience. Or their accomodations or location. It's always sad to watch the decline of a once successful company or product..

wow. some day if things get dicey maybe get the word out and we could go shovel a little path at a grassy park for ya from ice rink shavings.

edit: posts from the likes of you and the MD9 party crew (and hospitality from Altachic who was gracious enough to get her car stolen on my first visit here and showed us around Brighton on a ridiculously deep Halloween the second and final visit before the Relocation Vacation) are what inspired me to come out for a mid winter trip to Utah 15 years ago. still here on vacation but finally got a UT drivers license and voter registration. thanks for the inspiration, you have yourselves to blame for one more guy in the lift line!
    Last edited by Lone Star; 08-10-2022 at 01:37 PM.

The Endless Season of alpine skiing just passed 359 months

You know, thinking about this I guess I could do this pretty easily with the indoor option right down the road from me. I’ve never had the urge to sample it as it just seems so, contrived , but maybe it’s just about turns, regardless of where they lead you. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    You know, thinking about this I guess I could do this pretty easily with the indoor option right down the road from me. I’ve never had the urge to sample it as it just seems so, contrived , but maybe it’s just about turns, regardless of where they lead you. Thoughts?
    You obviously haven’t been yet. An occasional summer ski “session” there is a novelty. But you’ll be bored before your 2 hour ticket expires. I wouldn’t want to be “forced” to ski there to maintain a streak.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Ok , 1,5 hours on snow in august- not terrible; maybe that’s what I’ve been missing.

You're my hero.

reminds me of the 90 yr old guy i used to see hiking white pine weekly

LEGENDARY! ,endlless
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Great work! Livin life in endless winter!