Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stoner Moves

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I just did a stoner move last weekend. Lady and I were going to float the river in our yaks. We load the yaks on one truck. She drives that and I drive the shuttle truck. We're about 2 miles from the put-in in both trucks before I realized two trucks at the put-in isn't going to do us much good.

This is after she stoner moved on the way. I was in a white GMC. Somewhere along the way, she gets behind me a few cars. As I go straight through an intersection, I look back and see her turning right- following a different white GMC. I call her cell. No answer (ringer off). She followed it for about 10 minutes before she realized it wasn't me she was following and picked up her phone and called me.

The float was good though.
    In Kayaking we always found it was the smart guys who had trouble with the " shuttle logic " that a 10 yrs old kid could figure out so i have to ask , are you highly educated ?

I recenlty shuttled a senior partner from a large seattle law firm, I told buddy to meet at the take out, so when we meet i ask where his floaty is he tells me he already dropped it up there so I laugh and 10 sec's later he also laughs and has the sheepish grin
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ran into a friend in Rome--he was killing a few days waiting for a new passport, etc to replace the documents he left on the roof of the rental car. Is wife didn't bother waiting for him. Funny thing was, we were doing the same thing he was--spending the day running down all the Caravaggios in Rome.

My rule--in additon to the nothing on the roof rule--is that skis always go on the ground on the driver's side.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Were you also stoned?
    On that day, no, but it'd be a lot cooler if I did.

I burnt out a weedeater while stoned, stalling the head out on the grass listening to it go errr until it didnt

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ...are you highly educated ?
    Lol. Hardly. And what makes it worse is I have a degree in Geography!

<snip> I have a degree in Geography!
    What does one do with this sort of thing?

that's ^^ pretty high man, higher than a 10 yr old

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    get lost ?

He gets to pick the colors for the states
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659732789.527194.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	423172

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    He gets to pick the colors for the states
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659732789.527194.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	423172
    Name:  monocle1.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  7.6 KB

i thot they were either red or blue ?

I think with geography you could become an agrologist

I was going to be a city planner. Glad I'm not now.

And Michael Jordon has a degree in Geography. So I've got that going for me.

… Michael Jordon...
    Speaking of stoner moves…

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    What does ‘notably poor quality’ mean? My understanding is that when Warby started they outsourced lenses from a major supplier (same outfit opticians offices likely use), then when they were larger and could afford it they purchased the equipment to bring it in house, but it’s the same machines that are used elsewhere.

FWIW, my prescription is weak, but I did look into them for my mom who has always had horrible vision and requires a very strong prescription and Warby Parker offered it. (She had just purchased glasses, so not actually looking to buy at the time.)
    We had them compared by an independent optometrist to traditional "expensive" lenses from our optometrist [whoever they send out to] & the Warby ones failed to achieve the specified performance & got sent back. Warby's response was "we can't hit that mark."
    [this is a peculiar RX sim to Woodsy's]

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    We had them compared by an independent optometrist to traditional "expensive" lenses from our optometrist [whoever they send out to] & the Warby ones failed to achieve the specified performance & got sent back. Warby's response was "we can't hit that mark."
    [this is a peculiar RX sim to Woodsy's]
    Looks like Warby does ‘free-form digital’ progressive lenses. Apparently ‘wavefront digital’ progressive is a step up, and not offered by Warby. Maybe that’s the issue?

(I have no idea what I’m talking about here…)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Had a good one today. Not even stoned. Went down to the beach by myself this afternoon, just thought I'd hang out for a bit, read, maybe take a little nap...

Hot out. The water looked good. I decided to see how cold it was, and it was pretty warm. Decided to jump in and cool off. Did so. It was nice. Got back to my chair and looked for my glasses. Which weren't there. My almost brand-new, like $600 prescription glasses.

I fucking jumped in the ocean with my glasses on, lost them off my face, and didn't even know it had happened. Fuck.

Of course I looked for them and of course I didn't find them. How could I? I need my glasses to do shit like that.

That is a stoner move my brothers.
    the where the fucks did i puts my glasses things been gittin me lately

stoner things a functional given at this point
    just bought 2 oct 26 tickets
    will grab 2 more if ya come out
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

My friend has a degree in topography and she said there was a full semester class on choosing the colors and fonts
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the where the fucks did i puts my glasses things been gittin me lately

stoner things a functional given at this point
    just bought 2 oct 26 tickets
    will grab 2 more if ya come out
    Damn, he's playing a little club in Sacramento in Oct. Gotta catch that.

buncha amatuers around here
    my list is very very long I'm like a pro
    protip 1 don't eat mushrooms or acid then get in a car and go for a drive or a road trip before it kicks in
    once was framing a house and wasn't sure if the sawzall was cutting the whole way through the wall I fucked up that I Was fixing so I gave it a big reach around to see if it was through and grab the blade kinda messy and bloody
    then simple shit like getting on your bike to go for a ride and leaving your camel back or no helmet ya now
    but then I Was riding once and a buddy who doesn't smoke any weed like never says to me hey I think I left my camel back six miles uphill on the trail at the cabin we were stopped at I was like its gone now were not going back and he says my car keys and wallet are in it I'm like fuck dude thats something I would do got a third run off monarch pass that day it was greaaat
    so my sceientific study is that it doesn't matter if your a stoner or not

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    protip 1 don't eat mushrooms or acid then get in a car and go for a drive or a road trip before it kicks in
    Don't?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have a degree in topology.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I nearly made a profession out of this in the 70s.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

First mag I ever skied with. We get to the bottom. Take a safety break. Put on skins. Frik skin on one ski is on backwards. Take ski off, take skin off, put skin and ski back on. Frik still on backwards. In my lame defense they were twin tips

my list is very very long I'm like a pro
    once was framing a house and wasn't sure if the sawzall was cutting the whole way through the wall I fucked up that I Was fixing so I gave it a big reach around to see if it was through and grab the blade kinda messy and bloody
    then simple shit like getting on your bike to go for a ride and leaving your camel back or no helmet ya now
    but then I Was riding once and a buddy who doesn't smoke any weed like never says to me hey I think I left my camel back six miles uphill on the trail at the cabin we were stopped at I was like its gone now were not going back and he says my car keys and wallet are in it I'm like fuck dude thats something I would do got a third run off monarch pass that day it was greaaat
    so my sceientific study is that it doesn't matter if your a stoner or not
    This post is a top notch stoner flowing moment all by itself.

Our contractor told me never leave a hammer on the top of a step ladder. Sometimes I forget.