Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 9 Years---Ouch

if you ever get bored enough there are reality TV shows about peoples smuggling stuff over an international border, it could be money or dope

it seemed alot of chinese were getting caught with food products so why are they smuggling food wtf eh ?

and why is a B ball star making a lot of $ trying to smuggle MJ instead of leaving it ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    and why is a B ball star making a lot of $ trying to smuggle MJ instead of leaving it ?
    IF she did, it could have been carelessness, stupid entitlement, lack of concern due to laxity of customs scrutiny to the baggage of oligarch's celebrity guests (until they were told to scrutinize Westerners in the run up to the invasion).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    jesus dude i know your passionate about making a dozen sad stokeless smjw poliassfuck posts a day but no
    4 mil is a lot of money
    do you ever preview the moronic shit you post
    and think maybe i dont know what the fuck im posting about
    https://starsnetworth.com/athletes/b...-How-she-Earns
    Money she got playing SEVERAL seasons for the Ruskies already dood. All with no issues until Pootie was all in on invading Ukraine. The WNBA salary alone isn't all that great for what the job expenses are.. and again still below the income level required to deduct most of those type of expenses..

The WNBA job was the side gig, not the other way around..

https://en.as.com/latest_news/how-lo...katerinburg-n/

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    IF she did, it could have been carelessness, stupid entitlement, lack of concern due to laxity of customs scrutiny to the baggage of oligarch's celebrity guests (until they were told to scrutinize Westerners in the run up to the invasion).
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ALL THIS RIGHT HERE^^^^^^^^^^^
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Detained for smuggling produces the same end result as detained cuz " I forgot man "

it doesnt matter why/ how she did it or even the argument it shouldn't be against the law

it IS against the law

what are vape cartridges worht, i'm thinking not much ?

if she had just tossed that stuff nothing would have happened

its against the law
    Russia does not have a system of laws, at least the type you are familiar with. Further, there's no justice system. It is all fraudulent and corrupt beyond meaning. Again, it is absurd for any westerns to give any deference to Russia or its so called laws. They are without any meaning, run by liars in a system meant to be as corrupt as possible. Utterly meaningless.

in america you give your buddy ten grand and he takes the fall and its all brushed under the rug
    https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1906525

the war on drugs has been and is a failure
    and no people do not get sent to prison in this country for having some weed on them don't be stupid

So many of you are operating under the assumption that she definitely did it and are debating the whys and whether the result is fair or expected. But the assumption that she actually did it is going too far. We have no idea (and her "confession" was required as part of this fucked up and corrupt situation so it's meaningless).

As for playing in Russia, all of the good players do because it's the path to making good money as a pro player, to making it a successful career. She's not some outlier. They've all been doing it for years.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Again if she thru the leftover MJ in the trash we would not be debating the laws or lack of law in Russia, if
    they say don't do " this " and you do " this " that is a law and breaking it may not go well

I spent 10 min to clean out the van crossing into America cuz I didnt want to be detained ( a foreign country eh ) in possession of a joint or some seeds

as for the conspiracy angle, excuse me while I check under my bed for commies

Any time the " war on anything " is declared its always doomed to failure but there is usually good money in being a contractor for the fight

^^^^This place needs a like button. Whatever the real situation, she's been doing this since 2014, probably pretty much the same way but suddenly with different, very different results. Now everyone wants to pile on about how stoopid she is or whatever. She's a victim of circumstance, nothing more, nothing less... and any one of us would do whatever it takes to bring her home ASAP if she was family or a close friend.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...pert-1.6542594

" The two-time Olympic gold medalist was arrested in March for bringing two vape cartridges with cannabis oil into Russia. She pleaded guilty in July, but said she "had no intention of breaking any Russian law," and added that she brought the vape canisters into Russia because she had packed in haste for her flight. "

A russian law is still a russian law, some one goggle countries with a death penalty for drugs and get back to us

I didnt find any commies under the bed, maybe I should check the shed ?

It's been well established that she was charged for trafficking, not just possession. Two cartridges for trafficking is obvious bullshit.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

We're talking about a country that used to arrest people for smuggling used blue jeans.

A quick goggle will tell you there are 24 countries that have the death penalty for drug smuggling so it could have been worse

24 is like 10% of the countries in the world have a death penalty for drugs ??

I will have to ask my one russian friend at the bar about drugs in Russia

At least she didn't try to smuggle flower wrapped in tinfoil stuffed in her sock

A quick goggle will tell you there are 24 countries that have the death penalty for drug smuggling so it could have been worse
    What exactly is your point??

as for the conspiracy angle, excuse me while I check under my bed for commies
    I'm not sayin the neoSoviets certainly planted it on her, but do you really have so much faith in the Putin regime that you consider planting evidence on a high value political chip to be delusional conspiratorial thinking?

I'm just pointing out she was arrested 1 week before the invasion. That is timing that looks suspicious as fuck on Russia's part.

She took her risks for her rewards, but she doesn't deserve to be in a Soviet labor camp. Fuck Putin.
    Agreed. This is why I'm thinking she was framed. XXX'r just buying the Russian propaganda.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

What exactly is your point??

I'm not sayin the neoSoviets certainly planted it on her, but do you really have so much faith in the Putin regime that you consider planting evidence on a high value political chip to be delusional conspiratorial thinking?
    She wasnt in kansas toto

there are like 200 other countries in the world which are not America and 10% of them will execute you for drugs, she is only getting 9 yrs

I don't have any faith in the putin regime which is why I wouldn't try to pack drugs into Russia

but it said right in the CBC artical she packed in a hurry and the cartridges were a misteak

" The two-time Olympic gold medalist was arrested in March for bringing two vape cartridges with cannabis oil into Russia. She pleaded guilty in July, but said she "had no intention of breaking any Russian law," and added that she brought the vape canisters into Russia because she had packed in haste for her flight. "

BTW I don't have any faith in the USA regime either so I wouldn't try to pack drugs down thar either

In fact i wouldn't try to pack drugs over ANY international boundary

I beleive its even against the law to pack MJ into Canada even tho MJ is legal every where in Canada ?

this isnt Nam there are rules

gotta go check that shed for commies

but it said right in the CBC artical she packed in a hurry and the cartridges were a misteak
    That is what she admitted to while in neoSoviet custody.

Maybe it is true, or maybe that was what she was compelled to say.

assuming she had goth tendencies they probably pulled out the blackfinger nails until she agreed to say

I forgot man

Any time the " war on anything " is declared its always doomed to failure but there is usually good money in being a contractor for the fight
    Like the war on "climate change"....

Russia sentences US teacher to 14 years for cannabis smuggling
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61849579

Same basic setup. He's lucky BG showed up. Some chance he'll get to serve his sentence in the US too.

Reporting continues to be piss-poor, but my guess is the long sentences are new, inconsistent with prior practice, and thusly political.

are you folks really just hearing about big prison sentances for americans caught with drugs in furin countries ?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077928/

how about Midnight Express the story of Billy Hayes : an American college student, is caught smuggling drugs out of Turkey and thrown into prison and I think its a true story ?

For all you folks who think you're so smart, who think you know exactly what happened and why it happened, why then did the US govt give Griner the official designation of "wrongfully detained"? If she was just dumb, didn't check her bag carefully, and got the appropriate sentence under the Russian justice system, why did she get that designation, akin to being declared a hostage?

You can't answer that. Because you don't know. I don't know either. That's the point. There's a shitton none of us know. So quit acting like you know exactly what the fuck happened and why it happened.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

could be wrongful verbage

but isnt any detained american

wrongfuly detained ?

could be wrongful verbage

but isnt any detained american

wrongfuly detained ?
    No. It's a specific designation given to very very very few Americans detained overseas, and has a specific legal meaning. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ationals-home/