Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Years---Ouch

9 Years---Ouch

How will the trade work out? Do we hand over the Merchant of Death??
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

How many fucking people are wasting away in American jails for the exact same thing? And now we need to trade an international arms dealer who helped kill countless people to get Griner back?

How many Americans are wasting away in SE Asian jails for the same damn thing?

But this story gets international attention for some reason.

How about we fucking legalize marijuana in our own damn country?

Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    How many fucking people are wasting away in American jails for the exact same thing? And now we need to trade an international arms dealer who helped kill countless people to get Griner back?

How many Americans are wasting away in SE Asian jails for the same damn thing?

How about we fucking legalize marijuana in our own damn country?

Fuck.
    You said it. America has some fucking twisted priorities going on.

or dead in some countries ^^

up here legalization has been a huge nothing no roving zombies stoned on pot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    You said it. America has some fucking twisted priorities going on.
    What was your first clue? Sorry miss, no Arms Dealer trade for you. That would be just to woke and dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What was your first clue? Sorry miss, no Arms Dealer trade for you. That would be just to woke and dumb.
    Couldn't agree more.

1. The story received international attention because Brittney Griner is Putin's political prisoner
    2. Because of all the international attention her value went up as a hostage of the Russian government
    3. Russia is a totalitarian state and the harsh sentence for possessing 0.7grams of hash oil is to increase her value as a bargaining chip
    4. This is not an ordinary legal issue and we should not expect a prisoner exchange to happen soon

Because she's a well known public figure being held as a political prisoner. Who, presumably/possibly, didn't even commit the crime she has been convicted of.

It is possible to see the utter absurdity and hypocrisy here and also find her treatment outrageous.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because she's a well known public figure being held as a political prisoner. Who, presumably/possibly, didn't even commit the crime she has been convicted of.

It is possible to see the utter absurdity and hypocrisy here and also find her treatment outrageous.
    Exactly. We don't even know if the trumped up charges are legit. Also, the Russian legal system =/= the US legal system, however fucked up our system is, I'd take it over Russia's any day.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Who, presumably/possibly, didn't even commit the crime she has been convicted of.
    I haven't heard this part up for debate. Source? Or were there other goofy charges beyond possession?

But yeah to what everyone else said, Biden talking about blah blah blah is some BS considering there are tens of thousands of people rotting away in US prisons for possession charges.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Who, presumably/possibly, didn't even commit the crime she has been convicted of.

Didn't she admit to having the vape oil?

I think she's being fucked over because of her profile as an American pro athlete, but on the other hand you probably should be very clear on a country's drug policies before entering that country.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'd take it over Russia's any day.
    She's a tall black non Russian speaking woman who will probably serve some of her sentence in a Russian penal colony:

Organised into work brigades and subjected to the violent whims of sadistic military guards, the day-to-day lives of the inmates are punctuated only by malnourishment, corporal punishment and death. The penal colony is a place where the authorities can act with impunity, free to torture prisoners.....

...Unlike in Germany, where the death and concentration camps of the Nazi regime have become monuments to the sins of fascism, the spirit of Stalinist oppression so vividly described by Alexander Solzhenitsyn has survived in modern Russia, with penal colonies constituting an integral part of the country’s correctional system. In fact, these “corrective labour colonies” are the most common type of prison in the Russian Federation.

Seems like a stupid risk/hubris to take any illegal drugs into russia with you, don't it?
    I wouldn't. But then I'm just regular folks, with no power of celeb.
    Had she never travelled internationally b4?
    Remember getting all our luggage searched in Oz 'cos sniffer dog smelled pot on us.
    And, back in the day, Cinders was routinely searched by UK and US customs when travelling...because she has dreadlocks.
    Customs agents will always fuck with you. Always.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

<snip>

How about we fucking legalize all drugs in our own damn country?
    Fixed! You wanna win the War on Drugs - this is how you do it.

She's being compared to Harriet Tubman. A real hero. What a shitshow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1659285519820.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	423076

I had never heard of her until her arrest. Stiff sentence, but plenty of Americans here in US serving similar sentences for the same crime. Absolutely no way should she be traded for an arms merchant or a murderer. Trade for a Russian citizen imprisoned in the US for weed possession is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

yeah i agree having anything to do with drugs in countries with no real rule of law or the death penalty is not the brightest

even without drugs the 2 michels were arbitrarily detained by the chinese for 1000 days over the Huawei fiasco
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

She is probably the most well known female BBall player in the world, shes gay, shes black, and shes american in a time when Russia and America are at backroom war. She brought some vape cartridges along when she went to go play for her professional russian team (that pays her 20x what the WNBA does), just like the last 10 times she has flown there, and this time she got popped. normally the oligarch owener of her russian team would have protected her, but not now with putin cracking down hard on internal "threats" and "dissidents". Now, because of her powerful and visible friendss stateside, she has outsized value as a political prisoner and we should expect russia to treat her as such.

As much as it sucks to hear, some lives are worth more than others. Her life is worth more than joe blow pothead who got caught with a gram of weed flying into thailand on a "find himself" vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    She's being compared to Harriet Tubman. A real hero. What a shitshow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1659285519820.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	423076
    time magazine, what a shit rag of a publication. I’d be embarrassed to work there.

For those who have never heard of her, she is one of the most famous female athletes in the country. Don't use your ignorance of who she is as a pretext for the notion that she's a nobody made famous by the media coverage of her arrest.

She's been playing in Russia for years, so yeah, she knew the laws and rules. It's been speculated since day 1 that the charges might be trumped up and the carts were planted, because she certainly knew better than to bring them along. Did she make a mistake and pack carelessly? Sure, it's possible. But again, this wasn't her first trip there, she knew that they were verboten. And pleading innocent at the sham trial was not an option, and she knew that, so her admittance of possessing them during the trial is absolutely meaningless.

Did she mistakenly bring them? Possibly. But don't assume she did.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

FWIW, even in Red State marijuana is still illegal America she would probably only face a max two year sentence in a state jail, and likely get a probated sentence as a first time offender.

For those who have never heard of her, she is one of the most famous female athletes in the country. Don't use your ignorance of who she is as a pretext for the notion that she's a nobody made famous by the media coverage of her arrest.

She's been playing in Russia for years, so yeah, she knew the laws and rules. It's been speculated since day 1 that the charges might be trumped up and the carts were planted, because she certainly knew better than to bring them along. Did she make a mistake and pack carelessly? Sure, it's possible. But again, this wasn't her first trip there, she knew that they were verboten. And pleading innocent at the sham trial was not an option, and she knew that, so her admittance of possessing them during the trial is absolutely meaningless.

Did she mistakenly bring them? Possibly. But don't assume she did.

Eh, never underestimate the stupidity of athletes who have been coddled since they were 8 yrs old. Combined with the fact that her team owner in russia is an oligarch who fawned over her and her teammates, id bet she had been bailed out of situations multiple times over the years there. Just bad timing this go around, when she got caught and her oligarch team owner wasnt willing to help her due to the political climate.

Or, it could have been planted. But, the tea leaves tell me thats less likely. I do not believe for a second she "accidentally" packed them.

wiki says that in russia cannabis (6grams) or hash (2grams) is punishable by 15 days and a fine. 9 years sounds like it would be reserved for serious traffickers.

Fuck Russia.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

People important to important people don’t get bailed out of minor crimes in regimes, the police just ignore the minor crime, and a 6’9” black woman would be a rarity in Russia.