Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 9 Years---Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I gotta say, I didn't foresee the conservative posters around here rallying around support of Russia to detain US citizens on frivolous and trumped up charges. The memes are on brand though.
    Go easy on them...they can't help it...Putin and Fox News you know....

She should be lucky she wasn't arrested in a country where there's a death penalty for drugs.

Pretty stupid to do this in Russia

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Is there an unofficial Putin fan club here on TGR? Dumb fascists only? Do you have to hate fellow Americans to join or is racism a hard requirement? Or can you just be missing your old man ass like MTT?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Is there an unofficial Putin fan club here on TGR? Dumb fascists only? Do you have to hate fellow Americans to join or is racism a hard requirement? Or can you just be missing your old man ass like MTT?
    Looks a lot like MTT and waxman to me ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	423192
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    She should be lucky she wasn't arrested in a country where there's a death penalty for drugs.

Pretty stupid to do this in Russia
    i think indonesia executes drug dealers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i think indonesia executes drug dealers
    Mark Swiden has been sentenced to death in China for supposed trumped up charges and sits in jail for last 10yrs.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...e-002829bd0c16

You're packing your bags for Russia....not Atlanta....should of double/triple checked everything.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    You're packing your bags for Russia....not Atlanta....should of double/triple checked everything.
    She'd played several seasons there.. probably did it same as always.. probably brought the THC previous times with no issues.. what she didn't realize was the political climate had changed with the pending Ukraine invasion..

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    I bet it was planted and she was coerced into admitting she brought it with her. You are assuming what Russia is reporting is factual.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

There's nothing new about Americans being held hostage--it started from the first days we were a country. That's where the "shores of Tripoli" in the Marine Hymn comes from. When you're as powerful as the US and have a lot of enemies in the world, countries are going to get back at you any way they can. Russia and China have other means they could use--trade grain and oil in the case of Russia, everything else in the case of China, but using those harms those countries economically. Hostage taking is pure win for them, because they know we won't retaliate in kind.

As Americans we feel entitled to being treated fairly under the law (as long as we're white) and don't always understand that in many countries how they are treated may be arbitrary and unfair. No matter how many letters famiies write to their congresspeople and to the President, there isn't a whole lot they can do to get them out--basically ransom or a trade. We should also understand that for every American wrongly held in a foreign country there are many thousands of innocent citizens of those countries being treated worse. We cannot expect that a place like Russia or China is going to treat people better just because they're Americans.

I certainly think the Griner is wrongly sentenced, if not wrongly detained under Russian law, and that we should do what is necessary to bring her and the other detainees home. I have no problem giving the Russians Bout The line I would draw is whether freeing a criminal poses a risk of harm to the US. I doubt that Bout represents a threat to us. (I haven't noticed a whole lot less fighting in Africa in the 10 years Bout has been locked up)

I do wonder how many Americans total are detained overseas, both rightly and wrongly, and what the number of each is.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    But when some maggot gets popped for bringing weed back in to Idaho... people critical of BG here get all up in arms..

And the fact she has to leave her spouse and go to Russia to play in the off season only proves how much she loves the game and that WNBA isn't covering the bills well enough. Fuckers here go on and on about the sacrifices to chase the best winter has to offer are taking shots at BG for taking risks to go chase her dream overseas...and got popped for trying to bring a little buzz along.. Fucking hippocrates.
    while i think its a sham trial and over sentenced

if your passionate bout something you go do it
    the wnba is paying her a livable wage and she needed to go to russia things a fuckin joke
    shes passionate about getting paid
    which is fine a lot of people are
    but evidently not passionate enough about human rights
    cause you dont end up setting foot or supporting russia by providing entertainment if you are imo
    I kinda doubt that was the only place she could go play hoops and git paid in the wnba off season
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

9 Years---Ouch

I’m just here to say that if Russia wants to pay this 40yo 5’9” white guy $1M per year to play basketball or curling or something, I’m rolling that dice.

And I’m not even passionate about any of those things.
    focus.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded.

Put it another way: we know she was a capitalist because she sold them the rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I bet it was planted and she was coerced into admitting she brought it with her. You are assuming what Russia is reporting is factual.
    Speaking of assumptions, you are making three (planted drugs, coerced confession, lying media) vs. two (she likes to vape and got caught). Occam's razor says you're wrong.

A series of bad decisions led to a bad outcome. She is being used as a pawn but it was her mistake in the 1st place to choose to go to Russia.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    while i think its a sham trial and over sentenced

if your passionate bout something you go do it
    the wnba is paying her a livable wage and she needed to go to russia things a fuckin joke
    shes passionate about getting paid
    which is fine a lot of people are
    but evidently not passionate enough about human rights
    cause you dont end up setting foot or supporting russia by providing entertainment if you are imo
    I kinda doubt that was the only place she could go play hoops and git paid in the wnba off season
    I'd beg to differ on WNBA paying a living wage, enough to support a family, possibly put a couple kids through school.. It's roughly $100K but there are tons of travel expenses that are NOT tax deductible for people in that income bracket. She makes less than most of us, probably including you and your wife.. and has all those additional expenses..

9 Years---Ouch

Well, she makes more like $220k. Which is a good salary by most measures, but not so much that a $1M salary doesn’t sound pretty enticing. And lest we forget, she needs to make enough to retire before 40, which you aren’t doing easily on quite a bit more than $200k/year. A second career isn’t an easy thing to just jump into, and with those tats she’ll have a hard time getting a job at the GAP.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Well, she makes more like $220k. Which is a good salary by most measures, but not so much that a $1M salary doesn’t sound pretty enticing. And lest we forget, she needs to make enough to retire before 40, which you aren’t doing easily on quite a bit more than $200k/year. A second career isn’t an easy thing to just jump into, and with those tats she’ll have a hard time getting a job at the GAP.
    Her net worth is $5m. If I was worth half that I would retire and volunteer.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

jesus dude i know your passionate about making a dozen sad stokeless smjw poliassfuck posts a day but no
    4 mil is a lot of money
    do you ever preview the moronic shit you post
    and think maybe i dont know what the fuck im posting about
    https://starsnetworth.com/athletes/b...-How-she-Earns
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Speaking of assumptions, you are making three (planted drugs, coerced confession, lying media) vs. two (she likes to vape and got caught). Occam's razor says you're wrong.
    Occam's razor would be if I proposed something that was way more complex than what another theory proposes. What I proposed isn't that...but you make my point for me...that we don't know the true story and are all making assumptions or believing outright falsehoods being presented by Russia because it fits some societal narrative that some here espouse. I said this earlier in the thread but the punishment doesn't remotely fit the crime.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Her net worth is $5m. If I was worth half that I would retire and volunteer.
    Fair enough, though a chunk of that came from Russia, so maybe a bit of a circular argument….. also, while that’s plenty wealthy, it doesn’t even get her into the 1%.

I’m not saying she wasn’t rolling the dice going to russia. Or that she wasn’t an idiot. Or that she isn’t craven. Just pointing out that if russia was gonna pay virtually any of us half that to ski in russia, we’d be lining up. At least half of us would probably either try to bring in a bit of pot or could credibly be accused of same.
    focus.

looks like a 1/2 mil to shoot hoops in china in 14
    if youre gonna put your hand out to git paid/fed by countrys with piss poor human rights records
    gittin it inhumanly rights bit shouldnt be a shock
    ifin it was north korea the worm would have her out in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’m not saying she wasn’t rolling the dice going to russia.
    I'm not saying that, either. But I kind of am. It wasn't an accident that a Russian oligarch with Pootin connections massively outbid the entire world for the services of a big, black American lesbian with a deep voice and lots of tats. She was a Russian pawn long before now, the only gamble was whether they'd decide to use her like this--or when.

her problem was she got caught taking an illegal substance over an international boarder, did she realize she had it or what, all she had to check is A suitcase ?

Back in the day going to Newyawk city, because we had smoked an assload of weed driving across Canada, we stopped the Westpalia just before the boarder to look for dope or seeds, even pulled the front seats out

We didnt find even a seed, we also didnt have anymore weed till we could score back in Toronto ... cuz MJ was illegal

But people do forget about their dope I've had people tell me " yeah I'm in customs somewhere when i realize this pair of jeans has a chunk of hash in a pocket, fortunantley I didnt get caught "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'm just pointing out she was arrested 1 week before the invasion. That is timing that looks suspicious as fuck on Russia's part.

She took her risks for her rewards, but she doesn't deserve to be in a Soviet labor camp. Fuck Putin.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.