Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    How do you disconnect the data?

Turn yer internet off and then turn it back on again, thusly…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4650DF3-A337-4C36-A032-B8FACD68A27E.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	428015

Name:	97347151-3070-4B5F-B35C-2CA407C77CC0.jpg 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	428016

Name:	B4650DF3-A337-4C36-A032-B8FACD68A27E.jpg 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	428015

as stated, it is a pain in the ass, but it works.

I pinged the same guy who fixed the email notification thing, let's see if that pays off.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks Danno

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I pinged the same guy who fixed the email notification thing, let's see if that pays off.
    We need a name dammit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

What more do you need than New Andrew?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is there something better to do on mobile than use freakin tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I just use the desktop version on my phone. Seems to work better than that tapatalk bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by larilinesign View Post
    Is there something better to do on mobile than use freakin tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    there is a TGR-specific app that (I think) uses the tapatalk platform. Many of us still use it, and I think there is a link somewhere to it, but it's no longer in the app/play stores.

What more do you need than New Andrew?
    Well he did get some shit done, so I thought I owe him some agency.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Fucking site is flying today… Way to go new Andrew.

Been having issues this past week where the desktop site would be a blank white page for ~20 seconds, and then load all at once.

Two things are happening, as far as I can tell: The videos hosted on Ooyala are taking 20 seconds (slow server response time), AND it looks like they get loaded before everything else.

In case other folks are having this problem, two things might help:
    - Fix the Ooyala integration (probably their fault?)
    - Code the site to load Ooyala last, so that the forum loads first. (example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...o-element-last)

Are the other people experiencing it using Safari? I normally do but am on Chrome now and it's working fine for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ezramec View Post
    Been having issues this past week where the desktop site would be a blank white page for ~20 seconds, and then load all at once.

Two things are happening, as far as I can tell: The videos hosted on Ooyala are taking 20 seconds (slow server response time), AND it looks like they get loaded before everything else.

In case other folks are having this problem, two things might help:
    - Fix the Ooyala integration (probably their fault?)
    - Code the site to load Ooyala last, so that the forum loads first. (example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...o-element-last)
    Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Actually, we noticed the ooyala thing and passed that info on a couple of days ago.

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Actually, we noticed the ooyala thing and passed that info on a couple of days ago.
    Righteous, righteous! (Post above was truly an attempt at problem solving, not griping.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The works-fine-in-Chrome dealio went away and now Chrome is as bad as Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by ezramec View Post
    Righteous, righteous! (Post above was truly an attempt at problem solving, not griping.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it was appreciated; I don't think TGRfolk actually read this forum, and only one of the mods has any technical expertise (he's the one that noticed the ooyala thing, I was using the royal "we") so extra knowledge is good. even if we have no power to actually fix anything.
    Last edited by Danno; 10-06-2022 at 09:07 PM.

Working well right now, if something was tweaked thank you.

Some tweaks were just made, hopefully the intermittent lags are gone.

Someone needs to prop open the server door again, it’s pretty borked over here in town.
    Anyone else?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yeah it’s been humorously bad for a few days. Safari, various apple devices. The pages load but at 1990 dial up modem speeds despite my 100+ mbps WiFi.

The "Waiting for player.ooyala.com..." delay has been horrible for the past few weeks. Forum is becoming borderline unusable with 15 - 25 second delays on every page load. Find a different player - as someone in the online ad tech biz that's ridiculously bad. No video product should impact the page load like that.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I just got my latest vaccine and pretty sure the site's having a problem syncing with the new 5G chip that replaces the last one. It's been pretty damn slow the past few days.

I'll just check with the boys down at the server farm. They got four more code monkeys working on the case. They got 'em working in shifts!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    SLOW AF last couple days. Every other site on the entire internet is flying though.