Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Digging this thread for future reference.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I rode Christoff trail today, it’s a fantastic downhill above highway 410 that doesn’t seem to get any hype. Well worth it if you’re in the area.

Headed up to visit some of my wife's family in Darrington/Sumas area this coming week. Planning on riding/staying in Darrington Sunday and Monday, and then driving up to Sumas and staying up there for the remainder of the week. Is there any decent riding in the vicinity of Sumas/Maple Falls/Glacier? Or will I need to drive south? (Don't feel like driving to Canada unless I should.) Looks like some random trails on Alltrails and random heatmaps but nothing conclusive. Any mags up in B'ham or nearby want to ride in the afternoon/evenings? PM me if you feel like sharing... I have cool trails to show you in N Idaho. Also I am good with a shovel if there's a price of entry.

Anyone know if it’s possible to just buy a day pass at Snoqualmie Silver Fir bike park? Everything I’m seeing on the website is season pass only.

Looks fun

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Anyone know if it’s possible to just buy a day pass at Snoqualmie Silver Fir bike park? Everything I’m seeing on the website is season pass only.

Looks fun
    100% there will be day passes. I think they just won't get them up on the site until the last minute.

New vid from Jeff Kendall-Weed showing off the Port Gamble trails. These are the trails I ride most of the time, prob 2 outta 3 times.

reading through this thread and seeing a comment from me from last fall - funny. we didn't make it out last year, but are on our way Thursday evening. Will be in seattle saturday day/night, before heading to mora campground sun/mon nights prior to a tuesday 12:45 PM ferry to Victoria.

If we were going to ride 1 or 2 trails on the I90 corridor east of seattle what should we do? Preference would be for big trees, ferns, great dirt - all the things UT doesn't have. Flowy over gnar/roots for us.

I was planning to do 1 or 2 out and backs on the OAT on the way to/from the coast, but it sounds like Dry Hill near Port Angeles is worth a spin up as well?

I know it'll be tough but we're also going to need to find a place to camp Friday night (7/1) off I90. I saw Snoqualmie is doing $40 for their parking lot (we're in a van) but would rather not pay that much to camp in a parking lot

With that description I would recommend ollalie and a full raging lollipop.
    For some real Pnw flavor see if you can grab a spot in the middle fork campground.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    reading through this thread and seeing a comment from me from last fall - funny. we didn't make it out last year, but are on our way Thursday evening. Will be in seattle saturday day/night, before heading to mora campground sun/mon nights prior to a tuesday 12:45 PM ferry to Victoria.

If we were going to ride 1 or 2 trails on the I90 corridor east of seattle what should we do? Preference would be for big trees, ferns, great dirt - all the things UT doesn't have. Flowy over gnar/roots for us.

I was planning to do 1 or 2 out and backs on the OAT on the way to/from the coast, but it sounds like Dry Hill near Port Angeles is worth a spin up as well?

I know it'll be tough but we're also going to need to find a place to camp Friday night (7/1) off I90. I saw Snoqualmie is doing $40 for their parking lot (we're in a van) but would rather not pay that much to camp in a parking lot
    I love the Mora area, make sure to catch the sunset at Rialto beach just down the road. I heard there have been some great new trails around Forks, they are on Trailforks.

Tiger and Raging River are the best trail networks in the I-90 corridor, my favorite trail in that area is Poppin Tops but I haven't ridden enough at Tiger. I'd say the scenery at Tiger is better because you don't encounter as much clearcut. Keep in mind the dirt isn't going to be very good if it hasn't rained, they get moon dust just like we do, especially in the I-90 area.

I haven't ridden Dry Hill but I have ridden a lot of the trails around the OAT (Horse, Newt, Alpaca, Llama) and they are a lot of fun. Keep in mind the "black diamond" trails in WA are no joke, harder than a lot of the double black rated trails in Utah.

For camping near I-90, I think the Denny Creek site near North Bend and the Kachess Campground near the pass are decent. There are a lot of public campgrounds and dispersed camping opportunities east of Snoqualmie pass, its been a while since I spent time there but I like using the Campendium site for up to date info for that kind of think.

Need mtb ride ideas for WA

Dirt is prime right now. 95% of the trails are in forest shade, still tacky from the week of rain a while back and some recent misty morning cloud caps.

Edit. Comment is for Raging and Tiger

Sick, can't wait. Seems like we'll focus on Raging as plan 1 and then tiger or olalie if we end up riding twice in that zone.

I’m new to the sport and haven’t been past Physical Therapy yet, mainly been doing training laps on Poppin Tops to get into shape. .The lollipop route looks awesome.

https://youtu.be/OZNDuyK0pn0

Just rode tiger yesterday, what I did was in good shape. If the water is low enough you can camp free on the reservoir just over the pass.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

For flow trails I recommend Side Hustle and maybe Extra Terrestrial at Tiger. Master Link -> Inside Passage to ATLAS is also a super fun shorter loop. ATLAS is moderate tech trail not to miss - just great riding.

Raging has a ton of awesome trails. I really like No Service to CCDH to Flow State. If that’s too long at 4500’ climbing then do CCDH to Flow State:

Canyon Creek DH Loop Route
    https://www.trailforks.com/goto/ro/22351/

Ollalie is in a cool area, but IMO the descent is a bore. I would skip it if you are passing through briefly.

Try to fit in a lap on Dungeness to Gold Creek Trail above Sequim/Port Angeles. It fits the big trees, ferns, nice dirt, flowy criteria perfectly. One of the best rides I have done in PNW.

https://www.trailforks.com/route/low...s--gold-creek/

This is one of my favorites out there: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/mount-muller/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    This is one of my favorites out there: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/mount-muller/
    Those climbs are too steep to make the descent worth it for us, haha. I'm more of a 400 ft/mile climber

Those climbs are too steep to make the descent worth it for us, haha. I'm more of a 400 ft/mile climber
    Unless you like relentless steep climbing, there are many nearby options more fun than Muller IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post

For camping near I-90, I think the Denny Creek site near North Bend and the Kachess Campground near the pass are decent. There are a lot of public campgrounds and dispersed camping opportunities east of Snoqualmie pass, its been a while since I spent time there but I like using the Campendium site for up to date info for that kind of think.
    Denny creek closed this year, Kachess is full, but campendium did give me a lot of good dispersed options just east of the pass. Thanks

WAtch out for shitty traffic on I90 and SR18 getting to and from Tiger and Raging. Roadwork shutting down multiple lanes is ongoing.

Id suggest Off The Grid, Side Hustle and Extra Terrestrial if you are going to Tiger. Unfortunatley, they cant really be linked in a single lap so to hit more than one, youll need to do laps. All great flowy trails.

Personally, id just stay away from Raging. The fun stuff is chunky and techy. The main flow trail Poppin Tops and Flow state are gonna be dusty with braking bumps and IMO just not worth it unless you are already there.

Have you thought about riding the Snoqualmie Pass Bike Park? That might be a decent option for a few lift served laps after the pedal laps.

My $0.02 is to skip out on the I90 trails and spend more time riding Dry Hill in Port Angeles. they have the most fun legal trails ive ridden in the USA- nothing really gnarly just a ton of solid blue - black trails. Its not a big area, but there are a ton of trails to ride and the lap back up top isnt too long either. You should be able to camp under the powerlines in your van no problem too.
    Last edited by californiagrown; 06-29-2023 at 03:47 PM.

If you can make it up to shuttle Chuckanut, I highly recommend it as well. Recently rode it for the first time. Full on mach speed flow tech DH trail. Darrington is supposed to be great too, but I haven't been.

Also since you're headed out to the peninsula, I'd check out Port Gamble MTB Park. Apparently it's pretty damn awesome.

If you want to really get a PNW feel, go ride NOTG or Predator at Tiger or CCDH and Upper PT at Raging, that's the kind of stuff you definitely can't get in Utah. But these are also the cities main trail spots < 1 hr so you get a lot of people out there. Depends what you want.

The good news is...you can't really go wrong out here.

Definitely check out Port Gamble if you get a chance. I visited for the first time a couple weekends ago and was very impressed. There's a lot of variety for skill progression like Duthie, but also a variety of longer trails you can lap. Also, it's gorgeous and will definitely tick off that PNW rainforest checkbox you're looking for.

I found Ranger to be a stupidly fun bermy trail worth lapping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6479.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	463596

Name:	IMG_6478.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	258.8 KB 
ID:	463597

Just got back from an after dinner lap down upper Poppin tops at raging.

Dirt is still really nice, getting pretty rutted out in spots though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    I found Ranger to be a stupidly fun bermy trail worth lapping.

Name:	20230609_113417.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	463598

That looks worth a ferry ride