Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    As the saying goes: If you didn’t know, you should have known.

After the other financial failures, early in the doc it became clear that they main goal was making a profit this time. They were so focused on the goal that those pesky little details didn’t get the attention they deserved. Sad, but hardly shocking(which is more sad) about the assaults, but those kids got a life memory. And isn’t that what we are all trying to find in one form or another?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Sad, but hardly shocking(which is more sad) about the assaults, but those kids got a life memory. And isn’t that what we are all trying to find in one form or another?
    Please tell me you aren't saying what I think you're saying?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

gang rapes at a music festival, what a time to be alive.

I’d have been ashamed to be there

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Holy Balls

I was two hours south in Sullivan County, NY and this event totally passed me by

Maybe because of the line up

Never been a fan of New Metal, but I was fascinated how such an insignificant weed like the lead singer of Korn can have so much power when he's on stage

Meanwhile, how the fuck did they get so big?

Shithouse

A mate messaged me and said

'Everything I hate about America is all there in that doco'

Hard to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Please tell me you aren't saying what I think you're saying?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    I am not referring to the life moments as nothing in the sexual assault realm.
    All these kids went to the biggest rager of their life in some barren wasteland under for longer than necessary in inhospitable conditions and some snapped causing a shitstorm of chaos. How memorable was that, eh? Not saying it was right, just saying it was memorable in a grand scale. And this forum is chock full of peeps seeking grand life memories. Just most are a bit more socially acceptable, and downright positive vibes.
    Nothing is right about rape at all. Full stop.

Bring in all the X and speed you want but NO food or water allowed. What could possibly go wring???
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Friend of mine said after watching, "Best weekend ever if you were 25 and made it out unscathed."

I can't believe nobody on here was there.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I can't believe nobody on here was there.
    Oh, people on here were most certainly there. They're just afraid to admit it. Haha.

I remember really WANTING to go but I had just graduated and it was simply not in the cards financially to make it happen. Anyway, after hearing about the entire shitstorm that went down, I was glad that life's circumstances kept me from attending. Was all good though. Throughout the 90s I had plenty of memorable times at epic music events in Austin. Far tamer than WS99, that's for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    What are you talking about.

The hippies were the original self-absorbed, privileged generation (i.e. neo-liberals, who after the party was over became capitalist neo-liberals). It was their children at WS99, playing out the life lessons that their parents taught them.

Fucking baby-boomers…
    This is true, but not absolute. There are definitely people I knew who were core punks and older cousins from the flower power generation who became hedge fun manager and bankster types. Funny how having family and kids changes your priorities away from planet and world peace to I gotta make sure these kids and their kids are set for life.. Now willing to step on some other peoples' necks to ensure that happens. True story. It will happen again to many of the Bernie Bros and Beto Bros as well..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Same as it ever was.