Yakima discount/coupon code?

I'm looking at new boxes that fit my longer skis. Have some trips planned that makes stuffing my 196's inside a little less attractive.

If someone had a good code for Yakima (their boxes look premo, and Thule is $$$!) I'd be stoked. Otherwise I'll probably troll CList till I find a cheap one, used.

Honestly, not worth it. Even with a pro deal, they charge freight shipping cost....so discount is a bust.

Rei sales sometimes don’t black out Yakima (or even discount them more than the usual 20%)

Should be one over Labor Day.
    Last edited by singlesline; 08-04-2022 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks - good information to know.

I guess I'll keep scouring CL, or hope for a big REI deal.
    [I've got a few months to score something, so it's not like I'm in a pinch.]

Thanks all!

-Greg

Also I can say that the sportrack horizon alpine (made by Thule) is a perfectly fine box and can be found for close to 300 sometimes

should fit long skis fine. Only downside is that the attachment hardware is way less fancy than the $$$ boxes. No quick release/twist hardware, just metal bolts and brackets. Not a deal breaker unless you install/remove frequently and otherwise the quality is great.

didn’t bother me though as I set it up to work with the t-slots in my crossbars. Can share pics, but basically I cut out a slot so the rear bolts have a little play so I don’t have to be spot on with my crossbar placement.