Inserts and Asym Rims

So my new whip came with raceface turbine wheels, which are light (1800 g mullet) and feel Gucci with 3 deg engagement. But, my rimpact inserts didn’t want to play well with the asymmetrical design. I found the way the insert mated to the wheel smothered the valve stem (yes, they are insert stems) so that air could go in but would not come out. I tried re-seating the insert every which way to no avail.
    A bit of dremel work on the insert and it’s working fine now. I created a hole for the valve and a channel for air + sealant to flow freely. I added a second channel at 180 deg from the valve. I thought I would share a pic in case anyone has this issue.
    Other than that, these wheels feel awesome!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659565745.400070.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	423013
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.

I kind of wonder why inserts, especially the light xc race ones, don't have speed holes down the center. Makes it lighter, lets air and sealant move around more easily.

Although tubolight mentions they're trying to do something with slowing and limiting air flow between the inside channel and outside part of the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I kind of wonder why inserts, especially the light xc race ones, don't have speed holes down the center. Makes it lighter, lets air and sealant move around more easily.

Although tubolight mentions they're trying to do something with slowing and limiting air flow between the inside channel and outside part of the tire.
    Hmmm seems to me if you are limiting the air flow you are also limiting sealant flow. I would think you would want sealant to go where it's needed.
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.

Timely thread. Trying a a tubolight hd insert in the rear and it moves around in the tire and makes it impossible to check are pressure. Might have to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums