Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 95
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    4,982

    Mysterious death of co-pilot who fell or jumped out of plane before emergency landing


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Upland, CA
    Posts
    5,477
    Dude said "Fuck lemons!" and bailed. Quite literally.

    Must've made for an awkward "say souls onboard?" answer to ATC for the emergency arrival into RDU.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    4,982
    Did the pilot pull the classic "hey can you get out and check the tires?" gag?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,096
    Hey buddy, lean out there and take a look at the landing gear condition... OOPS!!!

    And how was the pilot injured? That landing was pretty soft.. Whatever happened when they busted the wheel will reveal all most likely..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,819
    He went insane listening to those Garrett 331s.

    Don't ask me how I know (I won't hear you anyway)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,574
    when life gives you lemons make margaritas

    in any case this a most refreshing suicide

    way better than shooting up a walmart
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    beaverhead county
    Posts
    4,176
    Guy still doesn’t have shit on Beebo from SeaTac.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "somebody's gotta do it"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,439
    reminded of this one somehow

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,096


    Not funny but couldn't help it.. Hope his parents and family get answers....
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Depends on the time of year
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Dude said "Fuck lemons!" and bailed. Quite literally.
    Well lemons are pretty sour...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,819
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pettibon_drumsolo.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	580.5 KB 
ID:	422817
    .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Well lemons are pretty sour...
    put lots of salt on the rim of the glass,

    i have a bit of a Tequila hangover today
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    4,982

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Guy still doesn’t have shit on Beebo from SeaTac.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    A truly underreported story, and a one helluva way to go out. Im guessing it is intentionally kept quiet to not encourage copy cats who will almost certainly not be as lucky/skilled.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    beaverhead county
    Posts
    4,176
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    A truly underreported story, and a one helluva way to go out. Im guessing it is intentionally kept quiet to not encourage copy cats who will almost certainly not be as lucky/skilled.
    Probably so. Lotta respect for that guy.
    "somebody's gotta do it"

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Probably so. Lotta respect for that guy.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...story-1187023/

    Good article, and I learned a new use of a term, "maginot line."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Probably so. Lotta respect for that guy.
    Lotta respect for the guy who stole an airplane and recklessly flew it then crashed it into the ground (luckily in an unpopulated area)?

    Hmm….okay.

    You kids these days.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,439
    Yeah I just came back here to link that article, it's worthwhile. I had not heard of Beebo until today. RIP.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    15,913
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Lotta respect for the guy who stole an airplane and recklessly flew it then crashed it into the ground (luckily in an unpopulated area)?

    Hmm….okay.

    You kids these days.
    This.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Jumped?
    That airplane is specifically designed for jumpers (recreational skydivers or paratroopers invading a small country). The jump door is at the back under the tail, and obviously designed to be open in flight. The side doors can't be opened in flight because they swing into the airflow.

    Looking at the patterns on flight tracker, they were either flying jumpers from RWI airport, or on a training flight (to learn the specifics of jump flights). On one of the landings (or intentional touch and go) they damaged the right main gear. At this point, the captain decided to go to RDU airport presumably because they have better emergency response capabilities.

    So from this point, there are only two scenarios that make any sense. The most plausible is that the FO/pilot under training went to the back door to get a look at how damaged the right landing gear was, and simply fell out. It's dumb as fuck, but it's not the first time it's happened. And of course, the second is he committed suicide.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,574
    Well he could have killed a bunch of people with guns which are easily available in the USA

    instead he stole/ crashed a plane which is probably insured
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Well he could have killed a bunch of people with guns which are easily available in the USA

    instead he stole/ crashed a plane which is probably insured
    Weird thread highjack.

    Getting your shots in because Canada recently banned the scary looking guns?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Weird thread highjack.

    Getting your shots in because Canada recently banned the scary looking guns?
    You new here? He only has 4-5 posts he rotates through and he applies them to every thread.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    beaverhead county
    Posts
    4,176
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Lotta respect for the guy who stole an airplane and recklessly flew it then crashed it into the ground (luckily in an unpopulated area)?

    Hmm….okay.

    You kids these days.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, I respect it in a weird way. Dude was unstable and decided he didn’t want to live anymore. Instead of going the “traditional” route of donning tactical gear and blowing away a bunch of kindergartners or concertgoers, he did some cool ass shit and fulfilled a dream, raising conversations on mental health and brining to light gross security oversights on the parts of airlines and airports in the process.

    Don’t get me wrong, the whole thing is still a complete tragedy and I don’t agree with his decision to take his own life but the way he did it and his conversation with ATC gives him a sort of antihero image.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "somebody's gotta do it"

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Yeah, I respect it in a weird way. Dude was unstable and decided he didn’t want to live anymore. Instead of going the “traditional” route of donning tactical gear and blowing away a bunch of kindergartners or concertgoers, he did some cool ass shit and fulfilled a dream, raising conversations on mental health and brining to light gross security oversights on the parts of airlines and airports in the process.

    Don’t get me wrong, the whole thing is still a complete tragedy and I don’t agree with his decision to take his own life but the way he did it and his conversation with ATC gives him a sort of antihero image.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    SeaTac isn’t in the middle of nowhere like many airports. It smack dab in the middle of densely populated neighborhoods. That fuck stick could of easily killed people doing his loops. Fuck him. Go ahead and give him props for not being a mass shooter, I guess that’s the world we live in.

    Jump off a bridge, bullet in the head, hang yourself.

    Don’t put other people in danger because you hate your life.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •