Lab Austere Trail Backpack

Received mine this week and got out on my first ride with it today. I am normally not a pack guy but love it so far. Will be great for longer rides. Easily swallowed a 2L bladder, tools + tube, jacket and snacks. Also fit helmet/pads/gloves/computer on the way to the trailhead. No movement at all while riding and way more comfortable than my old osprey. Definitely would recommend if you are looking for a pack. Anyone else pick one up? I know the owner is a mag Happy to provide pics from any angle of mine if desired or if people have questions.

https://labaustere.com/collections/f...re-riding-pack

Dakine apex & nomad we got them ridiculously cheap from a dakine rep at end of show
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Received mine this week and got out on my first ride with it today. I am normally not a pack guy but love it so far. Will be great for longer rides. Easily swallowed a 2L bladder, tools + tube, jacket and snacks. Also fit helmet/pads/gloves/computer on the way to the trailhead. No movement at all while riding and way more comfortable than my old osprey. Definitely would recommend if you are looking for a pack. Anyone else pick one up? I know the owner is a mag Happy to provide pics from any angle of mine if desired or if people have questions.
    Thanks for posting this! I had their page bookmarked but did not realize they were now available.

if people have questions.
    Are you able to reach and return a water bottle in a reasonable manner to the side pocket while riding, like going up a forest service road?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Are you able to reach and return a water bottle in a reasonable manner to the side pocket while riding, like going up a forest service road?
    Possible, but difficult. I think it will depend heavily on how full the rest of the pack is, the water bottle size, and the flexibility of the user. Currently my pack is new and the elastic is still pretty stiff. It's actually hard to get a bottle in with both hands on a table in front of me... However, I can see with a bit of wear and loosening up that it would be possible. I am able to reach around to the position and get the bottom started with one hand.

Possible, but difficult. I think it will depend heavily on how full the rest of the pack is, the water bottle size, and the flexibility of the user. Currently my pack is new and the elastic is still pretty stiff. It's actually hard to get a bottle in with both hands on a table in front of me... However, I can see with a bit of wear and loosening up that it would be possible. I am able to reach around to the position and get the bottom started with one hand.
    Thanks for the info! My current pack is great with a bladder but does not offer a way to hold a water bottle on the outside besides "carabiner-ing" something to a daisy chain loop. Plus, it seems a waste of money to get the $50 setup from YT just so I can carry a tiny, weird-shaped bottle in a hard to reach spot. I like the back protection of wearing a pack, otherwise the LA lumbar pack would work.