Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Watch Me.

The flatter slopes produced by the tiered retaining wall system will allow for greater infiltration of rainwater into the soil allowing for aquifer recharge as opposed to the existing steep slopes which produced excessive runoff into the properties below, and erosion issues.

Ive been asked to make worse arguments before, like being asked to show that water flowed uphill....
    Lolz. Maybe. Maybe not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enviro...and%20flooding.

"The cement industry is one of the main producers of carbon dioxide, a potent greenhouse gas.[2] Concrete causes damage to the most fertile layer of the earth, the topsoil. Concrete is used to create hard surfaces which contribute to surface runoff that may cause soil erosion, water pollution and flooding."

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    That, and i don't want a bunch of digging into sandy loose hillsides that are already slowly falling down on their own. Other homeowners above the property ought to be very concerned. Oops, we made this cut, and now the hill is eroding faster, and we build a cheap retaining wall, that barely meets earthquake specs...
    Would that worry you if you were adjacent? It should.
    For this very reason, the guy who has been trying to sell for 30 years has not succeeded in any development attempts, and there have been several.
    The convicted rapist part is icing on the cake. Don't want it. This is a built out section of the city. There are lots of proposed development plans that should not go forward, and when there is a buck to be made, people will keep trying whether they should or not. And it only takes once for it to get approved.
    You bought a house below a sandy possibly unstable slope that someone had been trying to sell for development for 30 years?

Buyer beware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You bought a house below a sandy possibly unstable slope that someone had been trying to sell for development for 30 years?

Buyer beware?
    Yep. The view is pretty nice.
    sigless.

You just don’t want them to find the dead hookers buried up there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

this is literal NIMBYism. literally. Ugh.

I could give lots of advice here, but im not licensed in your state, and i aint getting paid.
    If people never gave advice here because they were not getting paid, this place would not exist. No need to be an unliscensed prick about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    You just don’t want them to find the dead hookers buried up there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Dude, even I know to bury them downhill.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I would be asking if all the grading is going to alter drainage in a way that harms my property. This is a scenario that happens over and over--seen it a ton around here, although the Sierra is wetter than Utah (or at least it used to be.). The builder's engineer says it's all good. The city says OK. And then it's not all good. It's one thing to oppose a development because it ruins your view, or your solitude and quiet, or makes the streets more crowded. That is NIMBYism. Opposing a development that physically damages my house or property is a different story.

I don't know what the law is in Utah but here if you alter drainage you are responsible for conducting that drainage safely through downstream property. You can't dump a bunch of water on someone and tell them it's their problem to solve. One of our neighbors got compensated by Caltrans for doing just that--and getting Caltrans to admit or pay for anything isn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    If people never gave advice here because they were not getting paid, this place would not exist. No need to be an unliscensed prick about this.
    Im sorry if i came off as a prick to you despite offering a few pieces of expert insight pro-bono to OP.

this kind of stuff is a sore spot with me as i have to deal with super-citizens disputing expert design and analysis on many projects, and my wife's boss is constantly asking me to provide ways for him to pull shady NIMBY crap for his pet causes (like asking me to dispute a familys claim of drainage and sanitary problems caused by the bosses relocation of a homeless village out of his own neighborhood to a vacant lot he owns on the other side of town, or gumming up the permitting for affordable housing in order to save a single tree despite replacement trees being planted 3:1).

I see hydraulic turtles.

Im sorry if i came off as a prick to you despite offering a few pieces of expert insight pro-bono to OP.

this kind of stuff is a sore spot with me as i have to deal with super-citizens disputing expert design and analysis on many projects, and my wife's boss is constantly asking me to provide ways for him to pull shady NIMBY crap for his pet causes (like asking me to dispute a familys claim of drainage and sanitary problems caused by the bosses relocation of a homeless village out of his own neighborhood to a vacant lot he owns on the other side of town, or gumming up the permitting for affordable housing in order to save a single tree despite replacement trees being planted 3:1).
    Looking back you didn't offer any expert advice to help him, what did I miss? And it being a sore spot for you - fair enough, sounds annoying AF for sure.

Looking back you didn't offer any expert advice to help him, what did I miss? And it being a sore spot for you - fair enough, sounds annoying AF for sure.
    I dont have the time to go back and quote my posts. too busy doing expert shit.

Thanks for all the help here, you sure are a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    This is so easy. You just need to convince the guy the land is haunted. I saw it on Scooby Doo like a hundred times.
    ^^^^^^^this

Start a daycare in your home. Registered sex offenders can't be within X feet of your house.

Im sorry if i came off as a prick to you
    It's actually pretty rich for muted to be calling *you* a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Start a daycare in your home. Registered sex offenders can't be within X feet of your house.
    Fucking brilliant. This truly, is the answer. Maybe you dont even need to have kids, just register it as a daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's actually pretty rich for muted to be calling *you* a prick.
    I call him out for being a prick, you call me out for being a prick, it's the circle of life here at TGR.

But noted, I'll work on being less prick-ish here.

<snip>
    But noted, I'll work on being less prick-ish here.

Ha. I will always be prickish to the assholes or racists of the board, and I encourage others to do the same. There is very few of them actually. If no one calls out bad behavior, it doesn't stop.

I was a prick to Riser for no reason except being very annoyed though, recently. My apologies.

Ha. I will always be prickish to the assholes or racists of the board, and I encourage others to do the same. There is very few of them actually. If no one calls out bad behavior, it doesn't stop.

I was a prick to Riser for no reason except being very annoyed though, recently. My apologies.
    What a prick, tgat riser guy.

We're pricks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid pricks. Pussies don't like pricks, because pussies get fucked by pricks. But pricks also fuck assholes — assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a prick, with some balls. The problem with pricks is that sometimes they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate — and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our pricks and pussies all covered in shit!

We're pricks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid pricks. Pussies don't like pricks, because pussies get fucked by pricks. But pricks also fuck assholes — assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a prick, with some balls. The problem with pricks is that sometimes they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate — and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our pricks and pussies all covered in shit!

So bb is going to act the developer out of the neighborhood?

Of all the prickish pricks on this board, muted is well down the list.

We're going to need basinbeater to get out there and act his ass off. Or give them all aids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!