Mountain warehouse clothing

Shopping for some new outer ware for my 6yo and I found a place called mountain warehouse with some good prices like soft shell jackets for $22 and taped seem ski pants for $40. Is this stuff legit or should I hold out for brand names?
    He needs a new around town jacket to replace a fleece that got trashed due to collecting wood chips from the playground and new bigger ski pants.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Shopping for some new outer ware for my 6yo and I found a place called mountain warehouse with some good prices like soft shell jackets for $22 and taped seem ski pants for $40. Is this stuff legit or should I hold out for brand names?
    He needs a new around town jacket to replace a fleece that got trashed due to collecting wood chips from the playground and new bigger ski pants.
    It's low-end no-name made in China stuff, but definitely good enough for around town wear, especially for a 6-year-old. I've never seen them down in the states, but seen their stores in a handful of Canadian malls. Can't comment on the waterproofness of the ski pants though, but for a kid that'll probably grow out of them in a year and isn't likely to ski in the rain I would imagine it'll be fine (if less breathable than more high-end kit).

I tried on a few things there, and always found they fit weird. And inconsistent.
    But if I needed a coat to sit around the campfire in, this is where I would look.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Thanks for the input. I will order the coat for him from Amazon for easy returns and hold out for better ski pants. No sense buying quality for getting dragged through playground wood chips until it is too gross to clean.

Mountain Warehouse? The brand looks like they are UK based but have a number of stores in various countries in addition to Britain including Canada, USA, New Zealand, Europe, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Warehouse

First thing I thought of was Mountain Hardwear which is a pretty well known brand and maybe this was some play on that. Mountain Hardwear is a division of Columbia Sportwear of course.

I have a thin mountain warehouse merino longsleeve and use it as my main daily driver baselayer. I liked it so much that I bought a second identical one 5 years later on Amazon. It’s 80% merino, 20% polyester. Doesn’t smell, has a good fit for me. Used to be around 33€.

https://amzn.eu/d/bwjnSsW

I love their wool stuff. None of it is 100% merino but a nice merino/poly blend, so much more durable than the fancy 100% stuff that costs 4-5x as much

Ive had one of the wool blend t-shirts for 2 years and it still doesnt have any holes! Reach for it first every time its clean.
    Last edited by Soups; 07-25-2022 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Mountain Hardwear is a division of Columbia Sportwear of course.
    MH belongs to C?!?
    I have a few MH items and I'm quite happy with them. The few attempts with C were utterly disappointing and I didn't expect much in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by PNB View Post
    MH belongs to C?!?
    I have a few MH items and I'm quite happy with them. The few attempts with C were utterly disappointing and I didn't expect much in the first place.
    And Prana and Sorel.

The Columbia employee store in Portland is pretty sweet if you can get access and get a chance to go. Big discounts on everything including MH tents/sleeping bags/packs, clearance items that are even cheaper, and there are kiosks where you can order anything not currently available in the store at discounted prices.

Mountain warehouse clothing

Our kids had mw pants for a few years as they’re main ski pants. Each kid got two years out of each pair and they ski 4 days a week after school for a couple of hours. So last 4 years that’s all they’ve had..

Can’t recommend enough. We live in a very snowy climate and they wear snow pants every day to school. And for that we’ve been buying Costco pants, which are fine. But the mw pants were much more durable and they came in some bright colors (bonus for finding in a crowd).

Spyder ran 50% off at the end of last season and it brought down the price to mw prices, so we’re trying that next but not expecting much of an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5073.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	423565