Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    ^^^ yeah, that.

If I ran 22 psi in my rear tire in any casing, I'd be running 0 psi shortly thereafter. I have no idea how people pull that off, at least without an insert.
    The tire, the rim... *everything* would be destroyed if I tried to pull off that kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    ^^^ yeah, that.

If I ran 22 psi in my rear tire in any casing, I'd be running 0 psi shortly thereafter. I have no idea how people pull that off, at least without an insert.
    Even with an insert that shit would be so squirmy.

Been running 26r 22f exo+ cushcore tubeless. Works well. Don't think I could go lower.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Even with an insert that shit would be so squirmy.

Been running 26r 22f exo+ cushcore tubeless. Works well. Don't think I could go lower.

Yeah, that's around where I landed with inserts. I can get away with going a smidge lower with DH casings and no insert, which I generally prefer.

New EXO+ casings suck?

I run 20 on my rear big Betty. Worked good AFAIK

I weigh 188 and ride double green trails

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I run 20 on my rear big Betty. Worked good AFAIK

I weigh 188 and ride double green trails

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Double whoooooaaah

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I ride so hard, on rock so sharp, that anything less than a double down casing with cushcore and 50 psi results in everyone at the trail network I’m riding getting sidewall tears.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

My point wasn't that you've gotta run burly tires or high pressure to prove your radness.

My point was that a lot of people in here and in the other tire thread are complaining about tearing maxxis, and then talking about how [insert brand] tires hold up way better. And that's usually true, because [insert brand] tires are almost always substantially heavier than a maxxis exo tire.

People would have more luck judging a tire's durability if they looked at the weights instead of the hot patch on the sidewall. It doesn't matter what the marketing department says - more material is how you make a tire durable.

For me, somewhere around 1200-1250 grams for a 29er is about where a rear tire will hold up for me, regardless of brand.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I ride so hard, on rock so sharp, that anything less than a double down casing with cushcore and 50 psi results in everyone at the trail network I’m riding getting sidewall tears.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    You too?

Add me to the list of people who don't shred hard enough to have Exo issues at 25 psi. Although I probably just cursed myself

the local area is not super rocky but also ran the DHF/ DHR at Moab, no flats on DHR / DHF/ Agressor/ Assegai all run at around 20psi so i keep buying them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Been running EXO rear tires for 10+ years at 22-25 psi. I've had maybe 3 punctures in that time. 150lbs.

Bike park, Moab, New England, CO high country....

If I were racing enduro, they wouldn't cut it, but for every day riding, I've had good success.
    My guess would be that this is the experience of the majority of riders out there.

It’s funny to watch the repeating cycle of flat tire smugness and disbelief. It’s just a matter of time before the “you can’t pinch flat tubeless” argument ramps back up. Ultimately, “YMMV” isn’t just an appropriate response, but a necessary mindset when discussing tires across a wide array of terrain, conditions, abilities, speeds, and countries.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Random anecdote. We’ve been running an annual poker ride on our Seven Summits trail for the past 16 years. It’s long(36km), rough and rocky. We’ve always awarded a prize for the most flats, and there’d always be some poor sucker who’d had 5 or 7. This year, 70 riders, and not a single flat. My takeaway, that tires are better than they’ve ever been. I’m running exo Minions at 23/25 without issue.