Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Pm Patrick or gosey, depending on what direction you want to go.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Have you considered moving to Londonderry VT? World class skiing at your doorstep in beautiful southern VT. If you’re good enough at skiing, you can get a sponsorship which will support your lifestyle. There’s a chap here who has a such a gig, and also sells his own line of belts on the side. I understand he’s doing quite well.

Isn't the UK part of Europe?

Damn AI is getting pretty good. Need pics of your mom.

Is Rax hiring?

OP - have you considered #vanlife?

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Read the Cougar Hunting in A$$pen thread. If that doesn't give you ideas, I can't help you.
    Something about a stormtrooper?

In all seriousness, there is nothing wrong with living someplace you are not super excited about for a few years to start your career, then relocating to where you want to be. I took a similar path, 2 seasons of ski bumming after college and then had to move to a part of the US with no skiing for a few years to get a job and start my career. Now i'm in my 30s living exactly where I want to be, and have a good amount of flexibility to ski and surf when conditions line up. Don't hesitate to sacrifice some of your 20s for the long term plan that will set up the subsequent decades of your life, but have a long term plan and stick to it!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

To anyone feeling lost & seeking wisdom, micro dose LSD or Shrooms for a few weeks. You will be right as rain in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Finding a truly stimulating, challenging job in consultancy and making good money
    23, A history degree followed up by some landscaping, ski bumming and dead end jobs...

What is it you're expecting you'll be "consulting" about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

My business cards printed on computer paper say I'm a consultant

people really remember something that cheesy IME

consultant is a guy with no job
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts, it is very much appreciated. Lots for me to digest and reflect on. I will likely continue plugging away at my long-term goal; gravitating towards ruling out London life and money for the moment, and searching exclusively for remote jobs. A master's degree in Business is definitely on the cards too, but not before September 2023 as I have missed the boat for applications.

I hadn't considered life in Canada, but it is an enticing option. I only became Kraut recently due to Brexit and still have UK nationality, so I would be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa. I could hopefully get a proper job there; a brief scan of Linkedin jobs in Calgary indicates that humanities degrees are viewed through a more British than French/Swiss lens.

@PNWbrit, if I decide to go down that route, I would apply for graduate schemes at consulting firms where they train you up. I have some relevant work experience and am only a year out of university, so could hopefully get my foot in the door somewhere.

Apologies for the text formatting, it wasn't deliberate!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Have you considered moving to Londonderry VT? World class skiing at your doorstep in beautiful southern VT. If you’re good enough at skiing, you can get a sponsorship which will support your lifestyle. There’s a chap here who has a such a gig, and also sells his own line of belts on the side. I understand he’s doing quite well.
    I second Londonderry, Vt.

he does go on and on about bucolic nature of that town... makes one wonder why he ever left it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post

I hadn't considered life in Canada, but it is an enticing option. I only became Kraut recently due to Brexit and still have UK nationality, so I would be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa. I could hopefully get a proper job there; a brief scan of Linkedin jobs in Calgary indicates that humanities degrees are viewed through a more British than French/Swiss lens.
    !
    As I understand it a < 25 yr old queen worshipper can do 2 years in ANY commonwealth country,i think there is 19 of them no questions asked

but none of them are America

2 yars should be enough time to knock up some buxom plaid wearing syrup sucking eh sayer and marry her for that Canuck citizenship

edit: If you don't know where you are going anywhere is fine

according to that renowned carer consultant the Cheshire Cat

FYI, at most colleges it is fine to start mid year. You don’t have to wait until fall.

Punt.

Fuck I strung that along until 25….then realized if I got sick my son and I would be homeless. 2 years in North Dakota to get my u serve as degree and admitted to Med school near a ski hill. You can do 2 years anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    You need to fucking relax.

At 23 you are actually rich.

Wait until you have a wife/husband and kids. Then you will be locked down.

Keep skiing, go to grad school in 3-4 yrs, then take the job in London.
    This. So much this.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I got 3 young ski buds who got stuck in NZ during the Covid, I asked what about the 2 year limit for commonwealthers and he said no problem the gov just extended their stay cuz they need foreign workers any how, so he followed his GF back, one of them is still down there skiing, pounding nails and playing bass, I think we may have lost him

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post
    Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts, it is very much appreciated. Lots for me to digest and reflect on. I will likely continue plugging away at my long-term goal; gravitating towards ruling out London life and money for the moment, and searching exclusively for remote jobs. A master's degree in Business is definitely on the cards too, but not before September 2023 as I have missed the boat for applications.

@PNWbrit, if I decide to go down that route, I would apply for graduate schemes at consulting firms where they train you up. I have some relevant work experience and am only a year out of university, so could hopefully get my foot in the door somewhere.

Apologies for the text formatting, it wasn't deliberate!
    We need pics of your mum to adequately assess the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Punter.
    Fify

You only make one decision in your life. Kids/no kids. The rest is just noise.

That said, for me, the most valuable thing on the planet, is unencumbered, stress less free time.

What you value and what you want to achieve is person specific. The most simple life is usually the best one.

Best of luck. I'd rather live in natural beauty outside and have almost nothing, than in some city crowded w expensive shit and an expensive lifestyle etc..

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OP - have you considered #vanlife?
    Fund by crypto investing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Too good to bump chairs I guess?
    Kids these days.
    swing your fucking sword.