Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Super keen on the pants in that fabric. PLEASE make this happen.

I have two zips and two pullovers and would happily also get another pullover

I would also love to see a 3/4 zip in a lighter grid fleece

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^noted on all points n a above posts

def tru fritz not making it easy on his peeps
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Are there any more colors on the way? Was looking for an Antero 3 in gray. Differences between II+ and 3 other than the collar configuration? I’ve always gone the 3 route but maybe time to try the II+…
    I see Blue; He looks glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Q. Powmonger View Post
    Are there any more colors on the way? Was looking for an Antero 3 in gray. Differences between II+ and 3 other than the collar configuration? I’ve always gone the 3 route but maybe time to try the II+…
    not at present. we are pretty booked up with outside work and not sure when we can squeeze in another run... what color size are u lookin for?
    www.freeridesystems.com

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Q. Powmonger View Post
    There are no differences between 2+ and 3 besides the collar and the configuration of the pockets.

https://www.freeridesystems.com/jack...nd-comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post

Number two: how much stuff you are caring in pockets on pants that adds weight. I've noticed these things personally on all types of pants but mostly light weight cargo pocket shorts where am I filling up every pocket with something and if I forget to wear a belt. If I were wearing an elastic belt I might still have a problem if the weight of the things I was carrying was greater than the strength of the elastic belt.
    ^this! My arcade belt is great when I’m hiking or active and wearing fairly lightweight shorts or pants. The stretch is great for movement and is more comfortable than a more rigid belt. Put them on a pair of heavy jeans or insulated ski pants and they aren’t terrible but you start to get diminishing performance. Add a bunch of weight to your pockets and you’re probably going to just need a different belt.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiepoison View Post
    ^this! My arcade belt is great when I’m hiking or active and wearing fairly lightweight shorts or pants. The stretch is great for movement and is more comfortable than a more rigid belt. Put them on a pair of heavy jeans or insulated ski pants and they aren’t terrible but you start to get diminishing performance. Add a bunch of weight to your pockets and you’re probably going to just need a different belt.
    i often wondered as the thicker and more elastic resistance added to elastic belts seemed in theory to approach the same qualities as a static belt of any material....or even start to constrict and cut off bloodflow like when someone binds their arm to find a vein
    www.freeridesystems.com

i often wondered as the thicker and more elastic resistance added to elastic belts seemed in theory to approach the same qualities as a static belt of any material....or even start to constrict and cut off bloodflow like when someone binds their arm to find a vein
    Yeah, but I think the general idea is more stretch=more comfort but a stretchier belt is also going to limit its holding ability. If you have to cinch it down extra tight to hold, at a certain point it kind of defeats the purpose. I feel like it’s simply different tools for different purposes. I love the stretch when I’m hiking, but it has its limits. If I’m bow hunting and decide to wear a pistol on my hip I’m gonna need a very different belt to support it. I’m sure materials allow for a range of stretch but it seems like usually the biggest issue is people trying to use things for something it wasn’t intended for. I’ve heard people complain about how much a powder ski sucks but they mostly skied it on hard pack

^makes sense. dif equipment for dif use/needs. seems pretty normal in modern times

i was daily driving billy goats in colorado inbounds mostly wide open bowls, only the out was dicey, was worth it, but had to make changes at big sky...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiepoison View Post
    Yeah, but I think the general idea is more stretch=more comfort but a stretchier belt is also going to limit its holding ability. If you have to cinch it down extra tight to hold, at a certain point it kind of defeats the purpose. I feel like it’s simply different tools for different purposes. I love the stretch when I’m hiking, but it has its limits. If I’m bow hunting and decide to wear a pistol on my hip I’m gonna need a very different belt to support it. I’m sure materials allow for a range of stretch but it seems like usually the biggest issue is people trying to use things for something it wasn’t intended for. I’ve heard people complain about how much a powder ski sucks but they mostly skied it on hard pack
    This! If I’m packing a large caliber revolver I’ve got a steel core wide belt from an idaho company!

Wandering the halls with no passTGR Forums
    Driving to Targhee

I could always use another bross pullover. Much prefer over the few zip versions I have.

Also count me in on pants!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Antero 2 plus ordered! Thanks WRG for sending me the code this morning. Looking forward to my new threads for this season!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Antero 2 plus ordered! Thanks WRG for sending me the code this morning. Looking forward to my new threads for this season!
    Hell yeah man!

Pants pants pants pants

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

^ i know, i no, i know , i no

www.freeridesystems.com

You guys have been busy. Lots of the unique colors are getting snagged. Some of our best maggot collectors are rounding out their FRS stables quite nicely with that new new.

I keep checking almost everyday hoping to see an azure blue in a large Antero 2+ pop up. Sigh!!!!
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

^ wow we had pretty sufficient inventory in that azu blue... but, i just looked.... and it is rather depleted. that happened quite quickly.

i can say that we are working on contract jobs right now for other brands and guv thru end of year...so restock is not likely till possibly jan....some simple projects will get inserted like the simple jacket made from slightly altered bross pattern and some hoodie type layers because all of this can be done in short time frame small batch.

tl/dr....ramble...

but making jackets..... is a very long process and ties up all of our production talent.... i call it all hands on deck...ftr when we got the guv stuff last year....i had to personally go in and run machines and participate in production myself...i had not had to do that since about 2013/14... jus takes one missing person in some cases to collapse the production line... making a jkt is more than jus sewing and seam taping , there are lots of hardware installation components such as installing grommets or fishing elastic cord in tight tubes....hell, even zipper extensions installation on zipper pulls is a time consuming task, cordlocks placed on cord, etc....anywayz....machines dont do it..its all humans...and the order of the task has to happen within concise time and order... or the line breaks down...and then balance that with high labor costs, long lead time training and onboarding, unexpected guv payouts to labor, pandemics, vendor procurement delays... seasons and deadlines and its the perfect storm of complications...

i wish there were machines you could just insert parts and fabric and a completed garment would be spit out the other end , ....but ive been to the tech textile machine shows and that does not exist in the jkt making biz....there are some shortcut machines for simpler products like shirts and jeans but still nowhere close to a willy wonka machine spitting out finished goods (welding is not what ppl think it is and not the answer imo) ...but i can say every time i go to a sourcing event or even a walmart winter clothes dept i kind of choke up on the pricing...i kno what it takes to make these garments and the only way those guys are doing it is taking advantage of people somewhere at some level....

and the funniest thing of all is that when new shortcut tech does come out, its super expensive and usually deployed where labor is the cheapest ...overseas...and southern hemisphere....i say why ???? but its our consumer $pending and the capital of private equity and public companies like nike, vf corp that fund this offshoring...their companies originally built on the back of the usa consumer and investment markets are now global brands that undermine the entire balance of people /countries ability to produce their own consumer durable basics...

hard to convey these things in an ad or marketing that is not cost effective anyway...or even this forum where our quest for banner ad buys goes unanswered. iguess theres always these posts,....but i see the tgr store line expanding each year...so just a matter of time imo b4 we (me) am even silenced in these boardz....
    www.freeridesystems.com

^so to conclude the above....i humbly thank all of you that make this possible by your patronage and networking you have done on our behalf...without you , freeride systems and the ability to make these products in colorado would not exist...there would be no maggot brand on abc news worldwide since 2013, no guv production deal going on to give us some stability...nothing...u all and the persistence of FRS peeps are responsible for why these jackets even exist at this level of production.... i never forget that and i thank you! mc
    www.freeridesystems.com

I have a small Anterro II in I think ice blue that still essentially looks new that I'll be listing soon. If anyone is interested before I post it up let me know.

Freeride Systems '22/'23 jackets now in the shop!

Micol, your products are the best. Thanks for making sensibly designed stuff that is well crafted and ethically produced.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by charlesj; 08-13-2022 at 03:14 PM.

^thank you charles

sk8rat: post a pic. is that a2 (hybrid softshell) or a2+ hardshell?
    www.freeridesystems.com

^thank you charles

sk8rat: post a pic. is that a2 (hybrid softshell) or a2+ hardshell?
    Softshell. I'll grab a pic when I get back home tonight.

Agreed Micol. Love your products. I already have three jackets 2 Antero + (thanks again the way for grey the one) and a Antero. All are great. But like most everyone on here I'm a gear whore. If you happen to find an extra azure blue in either an Antero or an Antero + keep me in mind.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Agreed Micol. Love your products. I already have three jackets 2 Antero + (thanks again the way for grey the one) and a Antero. All are great. But like most everyone on here I'm a gear whore. If you happen to find an extra azure blue in either an Antero or an Antero + keep me in mind.
    If any extras pop up we will share here.