Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Freeride Systems '22/'23 jackets now in the shop!

Hey maggots, we've been pretty slammed with some big private label jobs (and a wee bit of skiing/biking too). Stay posted to this thread for some more updates throughout the summer/fall and into next ski season. Micol will post up here later with more info for you. Don't forget to use code TGR2220 for 20% off and we have some sweet never before seen colors on the site now. Snag em before they get snatched up. As many of you know some fabric colors only come around once every 75 years or so...kinda like Halley's Comet.

Oh, and we've got some Black fabric this season.....limited quantities though!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yellow Red Simple Fashion Sale - Instagram Post.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	471.8 KB 
ID:	421567

Some really nice colors this year!!

Love y'all but please bring back the small tall--I promise I'm not that weirdly shaped and other people would buy it too! New colors are sweet though, I'm jealous

Ohhhhh that colour on the ad is pretty awesome…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Make a xxxl jacket

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I see the jacket model + color I like, but not the size. Will additional sizes be coming?
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

i think wrg is overseeing this thread but he's off on an adventure at the moment, soon back to his nest...so i will jump in real quik...

thanks all ! more sizes would depend in breaks in production. right now we are pretty booked up through dec. but sometimes there are delays that open up windows. so if that is going to happen we will come back to this thread and look for gap sizes that have interest. That graphic WRG put together (awesome!) has the color "Grellow"....

as for xxxxxxxxxl , if u want to rock a cool jkt, we have those desert camo on sale in our size 2X which are other brands 3X...so if you want the tall tee effect....there it is... and its a bad azz jacket.

wrg named Azure blue and Earth (neutral brownish hardshell)

ps....we are going to have several presales this season.....one that has never been offered is a new jacket from polartec neoshell but made from the bross zip hoodie pattern.. this jacket is simple to sew and very low collar which makes it a very good jkt for those that rock balaclavas, facemasks, casual , mtn biking, fishing, and touring...we can also sell it pretty inexpensively relatively speaking......we added a full length windflap and with the ragland sleeve design do not have to tape it as 90% of all heavy moisture enters from top of shoulder ( no top of shoulder seam on the new jkt) ...and or lastly moisture goes through front zipper, which with the waterproof zipper flap full length is stopped 100% from getting to wearer... moved the pocket bags to inside and added slash zippers at waist to access....so its a really no frills , premium wpb fabric jacket for what will be cheap....
    Last edited by Micol; 07-15-2022 at 09:23 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    i think wrg is overseeing this thread but he's off on an adventure at the moment, soon back to his nest...so i will jump in real quik...

thanks all ! more sizes would depend in breaks in production. right now we are pretty booked up through dec. but sometimes there are delays that open up windows. so if that is going to happen we will come back to this thread and look for gap sizes that have interest. That graphic WRG put together (awesome!) has the color "Grellow"....

as for xxxxxxxxxl , if u want to rock a cool jkt, we have those desert camo on sale in our size 2X which are other brands 3X...so if you want the tall tee effect....there it is... and its a bad azz jacket.

wrg named Azure blue and Earth (neutral brownish hardshell)

ps....we are going to have several presales this season.....one that has never been offered is a new jacket from polartec neoshell but made from the bross zip hoodie pattern.. this jacket is simple to sew and very low collar which makes it a very good jkt for those that rock balaclavas, facemasks, casual , mtn biking, fishing, and touring...we can also sell it pretty inexpensively relatively speaking......we added a full length windflap and with the ragland sleeve design do not have to tape it as 90% of all heavy moisture enters from top of shoulder ( no top of shoulder seam on the new jkt) ...and or lastly moisture goes through front zipper, which with the waterproof zipper flap full length is stopped 100% from getting to wearer... moved the pocket bags to inside and added slash zippers at waist to access....so its a really no frills , premium wpb fabric jacket for what will be cheap....
    I already have the desert camo in XXL hence my request for a xxxl

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

man, I've been wanting a black II+ since the beginning of ever.

bump for the goods.

Will the bross zip version be available in Black? Trying to decide based on your description which would work better under a vest (patrol).

Kermit is hot!!!

Just want to point out how big the jackets run
    I’m 6’ and about 220# in this old photo, wearing an xl with a vest underneath
    Name:  401E1555-08D7-46E8-9EBC-7B8C03D2E596.png
Views: 1459
Size:  70.3 KB
    Yes, the toe is pointing NW to AK

Fast forward 7? years. This last season a guy showed up for our disabled skiing program wearing a Tshirt, hockey jersey and cotton hoodie on a snowy 20* day.
    He’s 6’6” and about 375#

Here he is in my XL jacket

Name:	827625B1-B340-429C-B86A-457DFA3C2956.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	420.1 KB 
ID:	421637

Name:	9602C2A4-0C62-40F1-B2B5-9592CB2BDE3E.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	530.3 KB 
ID:	421639

We had to remove everything from the jacket pockets, strip him down to Tshirt, and one of us held the jacket together while another zipped it up.

Fortunately FRS jackets keep you warm as a post-menopausal woman, so he was fine with only Tshirt.

Was scared the front zipper would rip out (with a major storm coming in), but all the seams held just fine… even when he crashed that slider contraption and I thought sure we were gonna need a snowcat, winch and tripod to get him back on his feet.

FRS - Tough, roomy, warm, and keeps you dry as a nun’s vagina.

one that has never been offered is a new jacket from polartec neoshell but made from the bross zip hoodie pattern.. this jacket is simple to sew and very low collar which makes it a very good jkt for those that rock balaclavas, facemasks, casual , mtn biking, fishing, and touring...we can also sell it pretty inexpensively relatively speaking......we added a full length windflap and with the ragland sleeve design do not have to tape it as 90% of all heavy moisture enters from top of shoulder ( no top of shoulder seam on the new jkt) ...and or lastly moisture goes through front zipper, which with the waterproof zipper flap full length is stopped 100% from getting to wearer... moved the pocket bags to inside and added slash zippers at waist to access....so its a really no frills , premium wpb fabric jacket for what will be cheap....
    Shut up and take my money!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    Love y'all but please bring back the small tall--I promise I'm not that weirdly shaped and other people would buy it too! New colors are sweet though, I'm jealous
    +1

I've literally been waiting for two years to get a small tall, please please please

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I'm also in for a Small Tall.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

hey sorry for delay..on road trip... where is wrg to tend his thread???

anywayz... answers

sirvic: lol ok we'll work on that for u !
    nick: black is a2, we do have two dark gray/charcoal colors in a2+ very much like black,, inquire FRS CS for best descriptions
    doe: copy that question and ponder....we will do it as a presale so we can guide the colors , will prob have some for reg inventory too after fulfilling presales....
    irip &danno: thanks!
    tbs: that dude is hudge!
    tgapp & climbrvan: noted , wrg make a note...wrg? wrg? wher u at??
    www.freeridesystems.com

Sorry, selling RE too. I'm here. The new jacket orders are already coming in. Again, the hot colors will move very fast. Remember the Sea Green from last season? Those sucker got snapped up quick.

To try and cut down on the massive # of emails: If you see a color you like in your size: Snatch it up before it's gone. Some of these colors will never be made again.

Excited for some of the pre-sales we have planned! More to come.

RE: Small-Tall. This is noted. Without boring you all to death with our production process it doesn't usually make any sense to cut fabric for only two jackets of one size in a run. That said there may be a solution. Will confer with MiCol and keep you guys updated.

Is the sizing on the non-hooded jacket on sale the same as your normal sizing?

Looking to replace my Rab Neo Guide this season with another Neoshell jacket. That blurple Antero is calling me. I’m 6’ and 160lbs, prefer it to be somewhat fitted for touring. What size am I?

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    Looking to replace my Rab Neo Guide this season with another Neoshell jacket. That blurple Antero is calling me. I’m 6’ and 160lbs, prefer it to be somewhat fitted for touring. What size am I?
    You would almost most certainly be in a size Medium. You could possibly squeeze into a Small if you want the full rando nerd look, but the sleeves/torso length would probably be too short then.

This is the link for anyone curious on sizing:

https://www.freeridesystems.com/sizing-specs

You can also email help@freeridesystems.com and we can give you some in depth size guidance and answer any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    small tall haha

I'm trying not to be too picky here because I do appreciate what you do, but I'm 5'11", 175lbs, that's a pretty big slice of the ol bell curve!

VRP--I have a small in seattle if you want to try it on

eta: I had a small tall previously and it was the right size for me
    Last edited by caulfield; 07-18-2022 at 01:49 PM. Reason: more

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    Is the sizing on the non-hooded jacket on sale the same as your normal sizing?
    non hooded is same as other brands...(the blue one on website) so if you wear size medium north face, you would size medium blue jacket
    this one i think you are addressing: https://www.freeridesystems.com/prod...athable-fabric
    www.freeridesystems.com

And.....

I just bought another FRS/Fulsus jacket.

Damn you Micol

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    And.....

Damn you Micol
    Hahahahaha. I win the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    And.....

Damn you Micol
    many thanks !
    www.freeridesystems.com