Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Havent had one of these yet, but looking to get one to replace a beat to death Flylow Labcoat (neoshell version from some years ago). Which model here would be the most similar to that style ? I tend to not use a neck gaiter much and just pull the large face flap in front of me when windy and such, cant tell if that the 2+ or 3? Thanks!

Also i'm unclear on the pocket difference between the 2 and the 3. I looked on the site but still cant figure this out.
    Last edited by Duffman; 08-19-2022 at 08:03 AM. Reason: added words

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Havent had one of these yet, but looking to get one to replace a beat to death Flylow Labcoat (neoshell version from some years ago). Which model here would be the most similar to that style ? I tend to not use a neck gaiter much and just pull the large face flap in front of me when windy and such, cant tell if that the 2+ or 3? Thanks!

Also i'm unclear on the pocket difference between the 2 and the 3. I looked on the site but still cant figure this out.
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this!

So both jackets would work great for you. The Antero 3 collar style is closer to the Lab Coat style, whereas our Antero 2+ has the articulated hood which allows the jacket to remain all the way zipped up while the hood is pulled up over the head/helmet. There are more internal pockets on the A2/A2+ than the A3.

I ski in both the A2/A2+ and A3. I like both collar styles for different reasons. If it's really blowing the A2 collar style is nice because you can keep the mouth/face covered a little more when fiddling with the hood.

Some more info here:

https://www.freeridesystems.com/jack...nd-comparisons

^ what wrg said. however, the orginal iteration of the fl Labcoat had the same collar system as the A2/A2+. FlyL changed this a few years back to be a traditional 1 piece hood/collar like 99.9% of other brand's offerings and the same as our A3. So, the answer is depends what year lab coat you are looking at for reference....

ftr: my pm and thread notification emails now are going into my spam email box ....so i am going to be slow to connect. i will try to check this thread more regularly...wrg should be here more than me
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    ^thank you charles

sk8rat: post a pic. is that a2 (hybrid softshell) or a2+ hardshell?
    Finally remembered/got a chance to grab a few pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Will you guys be doing a run of the waffled base layers this year? They rule!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^ i think so yes. we will post up here
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Finally remembered/got a chance to grab a few pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    yes, that is A2 hybrid softshell from polartec 3 layer laminate fabric. I cant remember if it is neoshell, powershield or windbloc. whatever....it's a rare bird. i would be making this again if I still had fabric. This particular style and fabric is great because basically you can wear very little under it in pretty cold conditions and it has the 'arc Terist' style collar hood cept we made it higher to block entire face. Always difficult to bring something back once fabric is used up due to MOQ on fabrics unless we have someone stepping up for a big order that allows us to have remaining fabric for stock jackets. This one color could easily set us back like $30,000 just on the fabric.

waterproof, windproof, lightly insulated with wicking microgrid interior, contrast seam tape color, made in Colorado usa with caring hands and no children's tears....buy , buy , buy
    www.freeridesystems.com

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Jackets are moving and choice colors getting snapped up.

Apologies if I missed this in the thread, but how are Freeride Systems and FullSus related? My FRS jacket is the greatest piece of clothing I have ever bought, and want to be sure I am supporting the right company!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Pants pants pants pants

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bibs, Bibs, Bibs!

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Apologies if I missed this in the thread, but how are Freeride Systems and FullSus related? My FRS jacket is the greatest piece of clothing I have ever bought, and want to be sure I am supporting the right company!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220909-112923_Brave.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	425980

https://fulsususa.com/pages/about-us

yep both are us...created the Fulsus USA brand to serve ABC News Worldwide in 2013. We used to sell under both brands..but carrying duplicate inventory in multiple brands consumes space, time, resources...so when our last big fulfillment center fell apart i decided to just kinda put things all under FRS eCom site. We are same company... same people...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Bibs, Bibs, Bibs!
    lol, man ive made them and still wear the pants version for like 6 years straight now...but pants use more fabric, take way longer to sew , tape and make....and pants usually cost less than jackets at retail.....ppl blow their pants the heck out all the time, i would want to be able to warranty them like our jackets, but the math says not so economically viable and hassle factor high....most of our time is now spent sewing for govt, uniforms, other non ski brands , etc...so we pay the bills with the non ski clothing making, and keep the ski frs alive for the core community....i will nver rule ski pants bibs out entirely because the ones we made were the best pants ive ever owned...but for reasons listed i am still holding out for now...

and many thanks to all of you who support us and are the reason we exist...and got abc, and all the other interesting stuff that came along after .... thank you !
    www.freeridesystems.com