Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Havent had one of these yet, but looking to get one to replace a beat to death Flylow Labcoat (neoshell version from some years ago). Which model here would be the most similar to that style ? I tend to not use a neck gaiter much and just pull the large face flap in front of me when windy and such, cant tell if that the 2+ or 3? Thanks!

Also i'm unclear on the pocket difference between the 2 and the 3. I looked on the site but still cant figure this out.
    Last edited by Duffman; 08-19-2022 at 08:03 AM. Reason: added words

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Havent had one of these yet, but looking to get one to replace a beat to death Flylow Labcoat (neoshell version from some years ago). Which model here would be the most similar to that style ? I tend to not use a neck gaiter much and just pull the large face flap in front of me when windy and such, cant tell if that the 2+ or 3? Thanks!

Also i'm unclear on the pocket difference between the 2 and the 3. I looked on the site but still cant figure this out.
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this!

So both jackets would work great for you. The Antero 3 collar style is closer to the Lab Coat style, whereas our Antero 2+ has the articulated hood which allows the jacket to remain all the way zipped up while the hood is pulled up over the head/helmet. There are more internal pockets on the A2/A2+ than the A3.

I ski in both the A2/A2+ and A3. I like both collar styles for different reasons. If it's really blowing the A2 collar style is nice because you can keep the mouth/face covered a little more when fiddling with the hood.

Some more info here:

https://www.freeridesystems.com/jack...nd-comparisons

^ what wrg said. however, the orginal iteration of the fl Labcoat had the same collar system as the A2/A2+. FlyL changed this a few years back to be a traditional 1 piece hood/collar like 99.9% of other brand's offerings and the same as our A3. So, the answer is depends what year lab coat you are looking at for reference....

ftr: my pm and thread notification emails now are going into my spam email box ....so i am going to be slow to connect. i will try to check this thread more regularly...wrg should be here more than me
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    ^thank you charles

sk8rat: post a pic. is that a2 (hybrid softshell) or a2+ hardshell?
    Finally remembered/got a chance to grab a few pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Will you guys be doing a run of the waffled base layers this year? They rule!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^ i think so yes. we will post up here
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Finally remembered/got a chance to grab a few pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    yes, that is A2 hybrid softshell from polartec 3 layer laminate fabric. I cant remember if it is neoshell, powershield or windbloc. whatever....it's a rare bird. i would be making this again if I still had fabric. This particular style and fabric is great because basically you can wear very little under it in pretty cold conditions and it has the 'arc Terist' style collar hood cept we made it higher to block entire face. Always difficult to bring something back once fabric is used up due to MOQ on fabrics unless we have someone stepping up for a big order that allows us to have remaining fabric for stock jackets. This one color could easily set us back like $30,000 just on the fabric.

waterproof, windproof, lightly insulated with wicking microgrid interior, contrast seam tape color, made in Colorado usa with caring hands and no children's tears....buy , buy , buy
    www.freeridesystems.com

Apologies if I missed this in the thread, but how are Freeride Systems and FullSus related? My FRS jacket is the greatest piece of clothing I have ever bought, and want to be sure I am supporting the right company!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Pants pants pants pants

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bibs, Bibs, Bibs!

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Apologies if I missed this in the thread, but how are Freeride Systems and FullSus related? My FRS jacket is the greatest piece of clothing I have ever bought, and want to be sure I am supporting the right company!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220909-112923_Brave.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	425980

https://fulsususa.com/pages/about-us

yep both are us...created the Fulsus USA brand to serve ABC News Worldwide in 2013. We used to sell under both brands..but carrying duplicate inventory in multiple brands consumes space, time, resources...so when our last big fulfillment center fell apart i decided to just kinda put things all under FRS eCom site. We are same company... same people...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Bibs, Bibs, Bibs!
    lol, man ive made them and still wear the pants version for like 6 years straight now...but pants use more fabric, take way longer to sew , tape and make....and pants usually cost less than jackets at retail.....ppl blow their pants the heck out all the time, i would want to be able to warranty them like our jackets, but the math says not so economically viable and hassle factor high....most of our time is now spent sewing for govt, uniforms, other non ski brands , etc...so we pay the bills with the non ski clothing making, and keep the ski frs alive for the core community....i will nver rule ski pants bibs out entirely because the ones we made were the best pants ive ever owned...but for reasons listed i am still holding out for now...

and many thanks to all of you who support us and are the reason we exist...and got abc, and all the other interesting stuff that came along after .... thank you !
    www.freeridesystems.com

Hey all, was looking at the limited remaining stock , can anybody explain other than weight, how the Antero 2+ Lightweight compares in function to the standard Antero 2+ or 3? For frame of reference for fit / function, I'm coming from a 4 or so year old Flylow Labcoat 2.0 w Neoshell,. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Hey all, was looking at the limited remaining stock , can anybody explain other than weight, how the Antero 2+ Lightweight compares in function to the standard Antero 2+ or 3? For frame of reference for fit / function, I'm coming from a 4 or so year old Flylow Labcoat 2.0 w Neoshell,. Thanks !
    So the only actual functional difference between the lightweight/LTE and the "normal" jackets is the face material. The membrane/waterproof is the same across all our neoshell product. On the LTE jackets the weight savings comes from a lighter weight face material so those jackets could theoretically tear more easily. If you plan to ski hard inbounds/tight trees/sledneck/working on chairlifts etc.....you want the full weight hardshell. For most touring and inbounds where you aren't bushwacking the LTE is just fine.

Hey ohhh,

Several Season appreciator, but curious about the shell scene... I think I've got an Antero 2 (micro grid on the inside) that I've had at least 4+ seasons - love it... but tis a little warm on the human powered ascents and bike adventures... Was looking for more of a shell in yer line and curious to know if the Bross Hardshell would be a good option, or... If I should be scoping the Antero 3 (or 2) neo shell product... Would love something with the pit zips and... bonus points for pockets for skins on the inside, but not necessary. Just looking for something slightly lighter, but still burly. I'm certain that can't be a unicorn in your lineup ;-) Love to support the USA made treats across the UT border - Mahalos in advance -

Micol, please let WRG build you a new website. It will easily pay for itself in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by earnyerturn View Post
    Hey ohhh,

Several Season appreciator, but curious about the shell scene... I think I've got an Antero 2 (micro grid on the inside) that I've had at least 4+ seasons - love it... but tis a little warm on the human powered ascents and bike adventures... Was looking for more of a shell in yer line and curious to know if the Bross Hardshell would be a good option, or... If I should be scoping the Antero 3 (or 2) neo shell product... Would love something with the pit zips and... bonus points for pockets for skins on the inside, but not necessary. Just looking for something slightly lighter, but still burly. I'm certain that can't be a unicorn in your lineup ;-) Love to support the USA made treats across the UT border - Mahalos in advance -
    You would be looking for the Antero 2 LTE. Its a lighter shell with taped seams and pit zips. The regular Antero 2 is a touch heavier with a more stretchy shell fabric.

Since we're on the topic of shells, has anybody had experience with the 2+ and 3? Want to pick up a new shell in the future but can't decide between which one, haven't got to try the different hood styles in person so don't know which model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 2+ Hardshell neoshell (reg and LTE versions) Both have 4 internal open pockets (2 very small openings, 2 wide) as well as one internal zippered chest, then there are 3 external zippered pockets. Superior hood collar design. pit zips , waist cinch

A 3 Hardshell neoshell has 1 chest zippered internal, no open pockets, and 3 external zippered pockets , traditional tube neck hood design (same as 99% of other brands), pit zips waist cinch

both hoods helmet sized

Hard Bross neoshell , w 1 zippered internal pocket, no open internal pockets, two external waist pockets, hood is smaller. no pit zips, does have waist cinch

tl:dr/

website....mayb.... we have very high conversion rate and other metrics, I've asked wrg to sell me on research data....also dtc sales are 2-4% of our gross revenue....so not the mainline rev supplying heartbeat for frs...ive basically kept retail dtc going because I know the product is premium and what we need as skiers/riders and as alligience to our original OG supporters .....without what we make (if buying new with 100% non deteriorated dwr), you guys would b looking at arcteryx for the hood at $600-800, and some other brands for the neoshell at mostly $500+ and probably lack features like ez zip, hood size and Ez velcro cuff grabs, so basically the ski features we need....and all at $400ish and then accepting discount codes cut the price and make this the #1 jacket in affordability, performance, warranty, and sustainable USA made product, made and serviced by maggots...... imho..

I can change the skin/theme on the website for new look facelift, it may contain some new nav tools, but I loose photos of product and gallery, and I don't have all those pics handy anymore as computers have crapped out and gone through at least 3 puters since l launched the site...

as far as selling more...we have production backlog as it is so, bigger is not necessarily better. I grow with one of these two: higher MSRP retail DTC ( do you really want this?? ~ I say not) or adding new in-house dtc brands with higher msrp and different demographic ( I successfully tested this about 4 years ago, but had misc backlog and logistics preventing launch).

The only way to convince me to grow on the volume side is a collab with big brand, and during pandemic we indeed worked with.....Sxxder,Sxxx, Dxxine and their parent as they solicited us...I worked with them for weeks mayb month or two and then they would not commit to the term sheet which required no investment from them, but a 5 year commitment which they were unwilling to do...ive been down road with Burton, Crocks , etc etc, and they all basically want proprietary trade secrets for free with no long term deal or they want to use us in their supply chain, which means everybody on our side working much harder, more fabric, more machines, more energy, more physical space, more labor, more stress for less gross profit ~ no interest in killing ourselves when a billion dollar brand is unwilling to tether to the deal long enough for me to earn back the capital expenditures to scale up to serve them....

any brand that says they can't do it chooses the easy path and constructs their public narrative to back their choices/decisions...however when push comes to shove, they all think that they are experts on the make side a( and they may be in Asia with agents) but not domestically and most ive encountered do not even have internal pattern making software... they design in agent provided aesthetic design software that links back to overseas where the real making goes on... or they use some illustrator program...they do get/have some tech ppl 'makers' on fabric side, but that is usually marketing driven , I mean maybe, sometimes performance driven (but, I would say I want their internal meeting minutes/transcripts as proof lol).....so, but yes, they can become domestic 'make' experts without commitment but not with my help , sorry , you know 12 year mba by fire here going ....no investors or board to push profit levels and whatknot...so no thanks...been there in a different life... Where's SkiLon Muskmag when ??

will be interesting to see what brands like flylow do as they approach the gross rev numbers that cloudviel attained 10+ years back and employee some of the same talent (i.e. Wogo..) and depart with founders like Steen... ftr $20 mil 10 years ago isn't what it is today, but I'm sure it won't stop some pension fund backed VC PE or Muti billion brand ( e.g. Columbia, TNF VFC buy corer brand, and move office to denvr) from buying it up for 2 or 3x gross rev and then dumbing it down needing higher margins w less quality as we see time and time again in the 'industry'. then see them start the dissolve and re-emerge cycle a la cloudveil, with founders that depart and start new a la stio et al , etc....while the past incarnation transitions from what made them what they were to what makes them what the are now...big powerhouses with access to big capital that make decisions for many of the wrong reasons but back it all up with $$ advatorial driven marketing bios, topical skimming collabs, and spancerships both micro and macro....

note frs does not exhibit or attend Sia , OR etc...is this dummmb? who cares, we are the anti industry brand...mohawks and disruptor narrative absent, we just put our heads down and try to make some great garments domestically.. and not too much or any if we succeed trash landfill product...we strive to get better every day and better the offering...all at the best price so there can be no excuse for forward thinking patrons not to own it unless they don't like the attitude or rambling post content....

ftr, our spancered athletes are you. you our patrons and brethren....your spancer money check is the discounted prices vs the mkt....u cumulatively have more experience and time on hill than any pro...so our spancership is with the community...

not sure what went down but somebody have Steen call/email/text me.....seriously ....
    Last edited by Micol; 11-19-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

I'll work on website .....

Name:  1.png
Views: 367
Size:  266.4 KB

granted we are sold out and or very low on inventory , there still remains some made in Colorado product ....please visit our webz maze and partake.... we thank every single one of you who has/have , that I promise ..... and I believe your investment in us is reflected in our product today....seriously...think 2010 to 2022 where we started and where it is now...that is due to your support and us not quitting the pursuit...and I thank you !

Name:  2.png
Views: 365
Size:  410.0 KB
    Last edited by Micol; 11-19-2022 at 09:01 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

please refresh 2 those posts above as I have brain fartz and keep editing....or don't , its not really all that important anywayz...........with pending world wars, and craziness at every level of life...
    www.freeridesystems.com

A 2+ Hardshell neoshell (reg and LTE versions) Both have 4 internal open pockets (2 very small openings, 2 wide) as well as one internal zippered chest, then there are 3 external zippered pockets. Superior hood collar design. pit zips , waist cinch

A 3 Hardshell neoshell has 1 chest zippered internal, no open pockets, and 3 external zippered pockets , traditional tube neck hood design (same as 99% of other brands), pit zips waist cinch

both hoods helmet sized

Hard Bross neoshell , w 1 zippered internal pocket, no open internal pockets, two external waist pockets, hood is smaller. no pit zips, does have waist cinch

tl:dr/

website....mayb.... we have very high conversion rate and other metrics, I've asked wrg to sell me on research data....also dtc sales are 2-4% of our gross revenue....so not the mainline rev supplying heartbeat for frs...ive basically kept retail dtc going because I know the product is premium and what we need as skiers/riders and as alligience to our original OG supporters .....without what we make (if buying new with 100% non deteriorated dwr), you guys would b looking at arcteryx for the hood at $600-800, and some other brands for the neoshell at mostly $500+ and probably lack features like ez zip, hood size and Ez velcro cuff grabs, so basically the ski features we need....and all at $400ish and then accepting discount codes cut the price and make this the #1 jacket in affordability, performance, warranty, and sustainable USA made product, made and serviced by maggots...... imho..

I can change the skin/theme on the website for new look facelift, it may contain some new nav tools, but I loose photos of product and gallery, and I don't have all those pics handy anymore as computers have crapped out and gone through at least 3 puters since l launched the site...

as far as selling more...we have production backlog as it is so, bigger is not necessarily better. I grow with one of these two: higher MSRP retail DTC ( do you really want this?? ~ I say not) or adding new in-house dtc brands with higher msrp and different demographic ( I successfully tested this about 4 years ago, but had misc backlog and logistics preventing launch).

The only way to convince me to grow on the volume side is a collab with big brand, and during pandemic we indeed worked with.....Sxxder,Sxxx, Dxxine and their parent as they solicited us...I worked with them for weeks mayb month or two and then they would not commit to the term sheet which required no investment from them, but a 5 year commitment which they were unwilling to do...ive been down road with Burton, Crocks , etc etc, and they all basically want proprietary trade secrets for free with no long term deal or they want to use us in their supply chain, which means everybody on our side working much harder, more fabric, more machines, more energy, more physical space, more labor, more stress for less gross profit ~ no interest in killing ourselves when a billion dollar brand is unwilling to tether to the deal long enough for me to earn back the capital expenditures to scale up to serve them....

any brand that says they can't do it chooses the easy path and constructs their public narrative to back their choices/decisions...however when push comes to shove, they all think that they are experts on the make side a( and they may be in Asia with agents) but not domestically and most ive encountered do not even have internal pattern making software... they design in agent provided aesthetic design software that links back to overseas where the real making goes on... or they use some illustrator program...they do get/have some tech ppl 'makers' on fabric side, but that is usually marketing driven , I mean maybe, sometimes performance driven (but, I would say I want their internal meeting minutes/transcripts as proof lol).....so, but yes, they can become domestic 'make' experts without commitment but not with my help , sorry , you know 12 year mba by fire here going ....no investors or board to push profit levels and whatknot...so no thanks...been there in a different life... Where's SkiLon Muskmag when ??

will be interesting to see what brands like flylow do as they approach the gross rev numbers that cloudviel attained 10+ years back and employee some of the same talent (i.e. Wogo..) and depart with founders like Steen... ftr $20 mil 10 years ago isn't what it is today, but I'm sure it won't stop some pension fund backed VC PE or Muti billion brand ( e.g. Columbia, TNF VFC buy corer brand, and move office to denvr) from buying it up for 2 or 3x gross rev and then dumbing it down needing higher margins w less quality as we see time and time again in the 'industry'. then see them start the dissolve and re-emerge cycle a la cloudveil, with founders that depart and start new a la stio et al , etc....while the past incarnation transitions from what made them what they were to what makes them what the are now...big powerhouses with access to big capital that make decisions for many of the wrong reasons but back it all up with $$ advatorial driven marketing bios, topical skimming collabs, and spancerships both micro and macro....

note frs does not exhibit or attend Sia , OR etc...is this dummmb? who cares, we are the anti industry brand...mohawks and disruptor narrative absent, we just put our heads down and try to make some great garments domestically.. and not too much or any if we succeed trash landfill product...we strive to get better every day and better the offering...all at the best price so there can be no excuse for forward thinking patrons not to own it unless they don't like the attitude or rambling post content....

ftr, our spancered athletes are you. you our patrons and brethren....your spancer money check is the discounted prices vs the mkt....u cumulatively have more experience and time on hill than any pro...so our spancership is with the community...

not sure what went down but somebody have Steen call/email/text me.....seriously ....
    That is one sweet blog bruh..

yep both are us...created the Fulsus USA brand to serve ABC News Worldwide in 2013. We used to sell under both brands..but carrying duplicate inventory in multiple brands consumes space, time, resources...so when our last big fulfillment center fell apart i decided to just kinda put things all under FRS eCom site. We are same company... same people...

My 2nd jacket arrived last week.. just the casual get-around (https://www.freeridesystems.com/prod...athable-fabric) and it is fantastic. Warm, breathable. huge pockets, great fit. Wife says the blue complements my eyes.

You do really good work.
    Customer for life.

Please make some bibs..

Thank you

^thank you
    www.freeridesystems.com