Main/Middle Fork Salmon shuttle situation heads up

Hey,

If you've got shuttles planned with Wild River Shuttles out of Salmon, ID (not the GC shuttle co), might want to make other arrangements.

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/threads...randed.114143/

Just talked to some friends that are stuck in Salmon while some of the group hitch back to Boundary to get the cars that were never moved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRS.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	421474  
    Last edited by Conundrum; 07-14-2022 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Oof, nightmare scenario

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

just finished a seven day beginning of the month. Wild River did our shuttles.

right before the turn into Boundary we were buzzed by four F22s about 100 feet above the trees. (unrelated but crazy)

then the shuttle convoy nearly ran us off the road. drivers looked a little frazzled.

at Cache bar we had a flat tire. nothing like having no vehicles though. yikes.
    bumps are for poor people

Shuttle companies are always a bit of a crap shoot. I had my rear window totally blown out from dog knows what after a Lwr Madison float. Best I got was Oops.

Bunch of years ago the Tribe broke the locks off a buddy's camper shell so they could use his truck to haul coolers to Diamond creek for their lower Colorado float trips as a part of our paid for shuttle off the Grand. Didn't even get an Oops, just hostility.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Shuttle companies are always a bit of a crap shoot. I had my rear window totally blown out from dog knows what after a Lwr Madison float. Best I got was Oops.

Bunch of years ago the Tribe broke the locks off a buddy's camper shell so they could use his truck to haul coolers to Diamond creek for their lower Colorado float trips as a part of our paid for shuttle off the Grand. Didn't even get an Oops, just hostility.
    After talking on the phone with my friends in Salmon who have police looking for their cars, this sounds a little more severe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!