Checkin' out my gap in the bathroom mirror

BCA Tracker c. 2000

I have a pair of Trackers bought a solid 20 years ago. Essentially never used. Should I even consider giving one to my 30 yr old daughter who is finally ready to use 'em. BCA will give me 20% on a trade and the Tracker 3 is on sale for $230 or so, making it about $190. Units have no visible corrosion but before I even fire them up and check em out, I am looking for the voices of experience to tell me, (1) hang on to those they are great or (2) you f'n idiot bla, bla, bla or (3) go with the ___ . It feels like beacons are a opinion provoking as everything else ...

The older Trackers have issues with their battery connections, they tend to break.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

It's a 20 year old avalanche beacon. Take the 20% off and get her something from this century.

In addition to the issue mentioned by Bunion, they also only have 2 antennas as opposed to 3 antennas, which improves accuracy and helps a partner find your 30yo daughter more quickly. I have an old 1st Gen tracker I use for practice or as a loaner because my local hill requires them for most of the good terrain.

Thank you.
    Say no more,
    common sense rules.
    I appreciate your words.

Tracker 3?

Any opinion of the Tracker 3.
    $230 - 20% is had to turn down.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pjw3 View Post
    Any opinion of the Tracker 3.
    $230 - 20% is had to turn down.
    Thank you
    All brands have their fans. T3 isn't bad technology, main thing is for her to practice with it and learn to use it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

True, true.
    Most of my equipment is way better than I am.
    I'll put the time in with this one.