Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    That’s like saying the AZ Cardinals and PHX Coyotes are more of a Glendale team… does not compute

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well, I guess technically all of "Florida" except Tampa claims them and vice versa. It's not like they'll be playing in the same arena though. Imagine the scheduling headaches there hahaha.

Hard to stay a Dallas fan after 24 years in the Carolina Hurricanes market. Dallas's classless fans don't help.. so only fair weather Stars fan now. Go Cats The team that beat my current home team gets my support for the finals.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

Hard to stay a Dallas fan after 24 years in the Carolina Hurricanes market. Dallas's classless fans don't help.. so only fair weather Stars fan now. Go Cats The team that beat my current home team gets my support for the finals.
    Try being a Leafs fan.
    There isn't enough antidepressants to deal with the emotional trauma.

Going to jump on the Panther bandwagon because they have been playing great. I hope the finals goes 7 games with triple OT everytime.��

If Vegas plays like they played last night I’m not sure anyone can beat them. That was the most complete game I’ve seen any team play all playoffs.

Then again, if Bobo stays on his heater I’m not sure what team is going to be able to beat Florida.

Knights in six again I think.

I don't get the coaching changes. Every season I turn on the TV and see all the same coaches, just with different teams. I know Cassidy is laughing all the way to the bank.
    I also don't get how a team can look so good one game and so bad another. But having never played a team sport at even a decent HS level I guess there's no way I would understand.

I think that at the professional level the difference in skill is so small, and especially so in the conference finals, that one team being 5% better one night and the other team being 5% worse, all of a sudden it’s a bloodbath.

Agree on the coaches. Would love some fresh blood in there.

Wasn't Bobrofsky backup at the start of the playoffs, or shortly before. I wasn't following the Boston series--seemed like a waste to watch Boston sweep. Stupid me.
    VGK will beat him if they ignore how well he's been playing and don't try to pick too many corners or try to pass the puck into the net. And stay out of the box.

If half of the shots that hit iron went in, Hurricanes would be in and Florida would be out. And if pigs could fly....

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    If half of the shots that hit iron went in, Hurricanes would be in and Florida would be out. And if pigs could fly....
    And Seattle would’ve beaten Dallas in Game 7, just from all those shots that pinged off the posts.

Time for new predictions...

Previous:
    Vegas over Dallas in 6
    Panthers over Canes in 7
    The Panthers are so hard to predict, I do think Vegas is going to introduce a more physical game which will make things interesting at least. That said, it seemed to me that the Vegas/Dallas series was slower than many of the EC series/games. The Panthers are a quicker team and if they can move the puck well it will tire Vegas out. I'd much rather the Panthers with the cup, but ultimately see Vegas on top here.

But.. I'm gunna go against my gut and say Panthers in 7

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Wasn't Bobrofsky backup at the start of the playoffs, or shortly before. I wasn't following the Boston series--seemed like a waste to watch Boston sweep. Stupid me.
    VGK will beat him if they ignore how well he's been playing and don't try to pick too many corners or try to pass the puck into the net. And stay out of the box.
    It's wilder than that. Bobrovski was essentially the THIRD STRING goalie before the playoffs. He got in as a starter because Spencer Knight was injured or needed help or whatever, but then Florida got sick of Bob and started throwing Lyon in net. Lyon was deemed better and started the playoffs, but then when times got tough in Boston someone started putting adderal in Bob's water bottle and here we are.

Not to mention Florida is only in the playoffs not because they won their last game of the season (they actually lost the last 2), but because Pittsburgh choked badly against the Blackhawks on the 2nd last game of the season.

Team backs in to the playoffs and then backs in to the 2nd best playoff goalie performance of all-time. And I'm only saying 2nd best because I'm sure there was a better one - I just have no idea what it could be.

Crazy cinderella story.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ilzscbto053b1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	460478

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    It's wilder than that. Bobrovski was essentially the THIRD STRING goalie before the playoffs. He got in as a starter because Spencer Knight was injured or needed help or whatever, but then Florida got sick of Bob and started throwing Lyon in net. Lyon was deemed better and started the playoffs, but then when times got tough in Boston someone started putting adderal in Bob's water bottle and here we are.

Not to mention Florida is only in the playoffs not because they won their last game of the season (they actually lost the last 2), but because Pittsburgh choked badly against the Blackhawks on the 2nd last game of the season.

Team backs in to the playoffs and then backs in to the 2nd best playoff goalie performance of all-time. And I'm only saying 2nd best because I'm sure there was a better one - I just have no idea what it could be.

Crazy cinderella story.
    And Aidin Hill could be considered the fourth or fifth string goalie at the start of the season for Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    And Aidin Hill could be considered the fourth or fifth string goalie at the start of the season for Vegas.
    Behind the best shot blockers in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Behind the best shot blockers in the league.
    Yeah. That helps a young goalie for sure.

Yes! It's crazy! Where does Vegas keep finding these goalies...

Bobrovski though makes $10 million a year so it's a stranger story to me.

Well, Vegas or Florida. Pretty indifferent on who wins to me. Hope the games are entertaining. I’d like to see Florida win. I’m on team Tkachuk. Florida in 6.

Ugh. 5 pm game time is really a 5:20 puck drop? Lame.

Yea that's kinda bush league, maybe in Vegas they don't factor in the theatrics time.

NHL 2022-2023 Season

It has to be for TV. Most games this year have puck dropped at 5 after the hour

The knight skit looks really cheesy on TV but it’s cool in the building.

Heads up game or someone's gunna lose theirs

Florida taking runs, love it

It has to be for TV. Most games this year have puck dropped at 5 after the hour

The knight skit looks really cheesy on TV but it’s cool in the building.
    Oof. I’ve been trying to unsee that thing for months. My 10-y-o thought she felt dummer after watching.

Fuck Florida hockey teams. Go Knights.

The ice must be shit, blown tires left and right

If you all think the knight stuff and all the other off the ice shit is obnoxious on TV you should see it in person, especially in the nosebleeds--ie speaker level. The panel was complaining about it after the game.

Florida spent too much time trying to stir something up and not enough playing hockey. Vegas reminds me of watching hockey at Oberlin 1970--pkaying Ohio State ( a club team I think they recruited at a bar)--OSU would start a fight and the Obie player would fall to the ice, cover his head and let the OSU player get the only penalty--it was like they were at the 1968 Dem convention in Chicago gertting beat on by the cops.

Re the ice. It's June. Bad ice in the Finals is expected. Like a frozen field in Green Bay, World Series games played in long johns.

Hockey and baseball seasons are both TOO LONG or at the least should start earlier so the finals are played in the proper weather/season. Sucks walking around in a hockey sweater in late May or a baseballs jersey in late September.