Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    So Florida vs Vegas in the Cup! The league sure rigged this final through the reffing! Wait….

Interesting how the “heavyweights” in the East that went out and completely stacked their roster at the deadline (Boston, NYR, Toronto) went no where. The teams that added the least are going the farthest. Admittedly Vegas added Eichel earlier in the season and Pietrangelo at the deadline. Florida changed not much. Carolina and Dallas had minimal adds.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

NHL 2022-2023 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Admittedly Vegas added Eichel earlier in the season and Pietrangelo at the deadline.
    Eichel was before last year, and Petro was I think three years ago.

They did add Barbashev, Blueger, and Quick this year, though. They were very active.

Funny how the Bruins dropped Cassidy for an offensive-minded coach. Didn’t really pan out in the playoffs when things got tight.

So Florida vs Vegas in the Cup! The league sure rigged this final through the reffing! Wait….

Interesting how the “heavyweights” in the East that went out and completely stacked their roster at the deadline (Boston, NYR, Toronto) went no where. The teams that added the least are going the farthest. Admittedly Vegas added Eichel earlier in the season and Pietrangelo at the deadline. Florida changed not much. Carolina and Dallas had minimal adds.

It's a team sport. Vegas is winning because they're playing like a team, with discipline. Having the two best players in hockey has only gotten the Oilers so far. Vegas staying out of the box as much as they did was key.
    Hague doing the ropadope with Domi with a big grin was priceless. That was a legit cross check call, but the flop Hague threw in was also replay worthy.

No track meets in the conference finals.. Mostly low scoring games, low scoring O/T grinds and a shut out or two. Defense wins championship.. and staying out of the box helps that defense.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

And Benn gets some extra time to think about it. 2 games.

So it will carry over to next season? I wonder who he'll be playing for then.

I was hoping 'Canes would give FL a longer, tougher series and at least soften them up a bit more for VGK (presumably, don't to jinx).

Man that ending was wild. At least they got to Bobo a bit so he can cool off for the finals.

Canes have nothing to be ashamed of really. Aho lost his cool a little but ultimately we were just out-goalied. There's not much they could have dine differently.. Switch net minders and Canes would have won, and by larger margins. Hats off to Bobovsky! In the zone! Likely the Adderall zone but it counts.
    I guess I go with the team that we couldn't quite beat in 4 tries. Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Canes have nothing to be ashamed of really. Aho lost his cool a little but ultimately we were just out-goalied. There's not much they could have dine differently.. Switch net minders and Canes would have won, and by larger margins. Hats off to Bobovsky! In the zone! Likely the Adderall zone but it counts.
    I guess I go with the team that we couldn't quite beat in 4 tries. Go Cats!
    We in Toronto know all about having Freddy in net and being out-goalied... Florida will win the cup - it's just their year.

Canes are 0-12 in their last 3 visits to the Conference Finals. Sports are just weird, man.

Kinda did with the call at the end there. I mean, it was a total trip and should be called, but historically anything outside of someone actually shooting someone in the last 2 minutes of an elimination game doesn't get called. I would like to see them just call the rules as the games go on without thinking about what team has more penalties already or what the situation is. IMO this is what makes the refereeing so frustrating in this game.

Hey the Leafs won a Toronto Stanley Cup by winning a round!

Florida was having a bad season and didn't even make the playoffs until Pittsburgh lost to Chicago at the end of the season. They had no business being big buyers (and they also don't even really have anything to buy with).

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Kinda did with the call at the end there. I mean, it was a total trip and should be called, but historically anything outside of someone actually shooting someone in the last 2 minutes of an elimination game doesn't get called. I would like to see them just call the rules as the games go on without thinking about what team has more penalties already or what the situation is. IMO this is what makes the refereeing so frustrating in this game.

Hockey has too many unwritten rules. All sports do (google "my strike zone") but hockey is the worst. The high sticking call is for better (Dallas) or worse (VGK) the least subjective call so hard not to call it if the refs see it, and it's hard to miss when guys are battling for the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hockey has too many unwritten rules. All sports do (google "my strike zone") but hockey is the worst. The high sticking call is for better (Dallas) or worse (VGK) the least subjective call so hard not to call it if the refs see it, and it's hard to miss when guys are battling for the puck.
    Unless it was part of the follow through, or was it? Did they continue the motion farther than they would have without the opponent's face coming in to play?

Man Vegas needs to figure this shit out. Can’t go to a game 7

Man Oettinger is so inconsistent. He stole that game last night.. Can he do that again, twice? Benn's back too. But I wish they'd send that hack somewhere else..

Haha. I think Subban has been sort of a dick in a lot of his comments, but that crew needs some comic relief and maybe that's his role. Messier and Chellios have as much personality as a pile of rocks.

Reporters keep asking the Knights about Benn coming back to the lineup and all the players keep saying, "well they were 2-0 without him...." lol. Love that shade.

Lundquist is good, and Gretsky--it's like hearing god explain the scriptures, or at least Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Reporters keep asking the Knights about Benn coming back to the lineup and all the players keep saying, "well they were 2-0 without him...." lol. Love that shade.
    Well! 3-0 Vegas in the first.

Dallas D core has been terrible this series and it continues tonight.

So how about that NBA East Game 7??

Two Miami teams in the finals it looks like. That place will be nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Two Miami teams in the finals it looks like. That place will be nuts
    Panthers are actually closer to Ft Lauderdale.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Panthers are actually closer to Ft Lauderdale.
    That’s like saying the AZ Cardinals and PHX Coyotes are more of a Glendale team… does not compute