Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Seeing MAF drop Binnington would have been amazing. Can’t believe the lineman didn’t let it happen.

https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/statu...073827330?s=20
    Ok. Flower was mic’d up. So funny.

https://twitter.com/br_openice/statu...64790489931797

Saw the mic'd up and that shit is great. Wouldve loved to see binnington get punched in the face. That 2nd period might have been the most entertaining period in hockey this season. Also it's been fun watching the hawks in garbage time beat some great teams lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Have the Bruins been talked about enough yet?
    It sucks that the B's and Habs only play each other 3 times this year.

Marchand took care of business after a cheap head shot on Bergeron.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marchand_punch.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	452999
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Getting a lot more hockey on the TV in Truckee this season, and the best part--Pierre is gone.

Love seeing my Wild leading the central. Nice W last night vs the Av’s. Hope we don’t see them until round 2, not round 1.

Greatest time if the year is a few weeks away…playoff hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Love seeing my Wild leading the central. Nice W last night vs the Av’s. Hope we don’t see them until round 2, not round 1.

Greatest time if the year is a few weeks away…playoff hockey.
    They got some great goaltending.

Rangers vs Lightning is a real war.

Must win for the Flames tonight and they came through for once. Now tied with the Jets who have a game in hand and more regulation wins for the tie breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Rangers vs Lightning is a real war.
    If there's one thing I hate in hockey it's retaliation for clean legal hits. In this case it was a teammate retaliating, but unless the guy who was hit is named McDavid or Pastrnak it's poor form. And fights where the aggressor keeps his helmet on (Perry) or the other guy doesn't want to fight and has no idea why he's being attacked (Maroon)--poor form. I've never liked the Lightning, iike them less now.

My strong feelings stem from childhood trauma--in college I caught a guy coming up the ice with the puck with his head down. Shoullder to the chest and cmpletely blew him up, and as I skated after the puck, while he was still lying on the ice he reached out his stick and tripped me. And no penalty was called. I've never gotten over it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If there's one thing I hate in hockey it's retaliation for clean legal hits. In this case it was a teammate retaliating, but unless the guy who was hit is named McDavid or Pastrnak it's poor form. And fights where the aggressor keeps his helmet on (Perry) or the other guy doesn't want to fight and has no idea why he's being attacked (Maroon)--poor form. I've never liked the Lightning, iike them less now.
    46.6 Helmets – No player may remove his helmet prior to engaging in a fight. If he should do so, he shall be assessed a two minute minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Helmets that come off in the course of and resulting from the altercation will not result in a penalty to either player.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    46.6 Helmets – No player may remove his helmet prior to engaging in a fight. If he should do so, he shall be assessed a two minute minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Helmets that come off in the course of and resulting from the altercation will not result in a penalty to either player.
    That's what the rule says. The code says something else. In a fair fight the helmets come off as the fight is starting. Anyway, there is a lot of discretion re whether the helmet came off before or during. ust like the discrretion re how late after the puck is gone you can "finish your check," Didn't Perry get a game MC for that fight? It was hard to hear over the crowd noise.
    I was reading about Fetisv--one of the Wing's Russian 5. One of his first games someone tried to pick a fight with him and he was like WTF. (Not his exact words.) He had no idea fighting was part of the NHL game. I've seen Chara dodge a fight with a much smaller player. Just pushed him away like I do my dog when she tries to jump up on me. Much more embarrasisng for the instigator than getting beat up.

Defending champs looking dangerous
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Bruins set the season wins record. With two games remaining.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Bruins set the season wins record. With two games remaining.
    They better be shining up their golf clubs.

As long as they take out the leafs in the second round, I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    They better be shining up their golf clubs.
    They've got plenty of time. It seems to me like most teams kinda limp to the Presidents cup and are worn out by it. B's are getting healthier and stronger. So we'll see what happens.

East wild card race down to the wire
    Go Isles!

I don't know if they'll make it, or make it deep, but losing to Boston in the first round would suck the worst.

Maybe get Boston in the first round and soundly remind them how pissed they are that they were deprived of Barzal's talent for the end of the season....

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Defending champs looking dangerous
    Hoping Landeskog finally gets healthy, among others. I'm fairly hopeful. Unlike last year, I think the Avs have a goalie that could steal a game or two, rather than lose them.

I'd like to see the Sabres get a wild card slot. They are a couple years out but they need a taste.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I'd like to see the Sabres get a wild card slot. They are a couple years out but they need a taste.
    The Sabres are one of those teams I would love to see them win a cup.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    Looks like they may have found their goalie

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    As long as they take out the leafs in the second round, I'm happy
    Why's that?

Again - people complain "why do Leafs fans think everything is about them!??!! Waaahhhh!!!"
    and then they make everything about the Leafs. One of the great paradoxes of our time.

And by the way, they won't have to. Boston's about to get bounced in Round 1. I got a bad feeling their mojo is gonna run out. Either that or they win the cup with a 16-2 playoff record. There can be no in-between.

Pens fans are biting their nails. Hate to see their playoff streak die, even if it just means a first round pummeling from the Broons.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Tale of two games on TV last night. I'll take the second one, thank you.