Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Interesting, the linkage stress must be somewhat specific to the Spire? I haven't heard of issues with the Patrol, nor have I had issues with mine.
    I think it's an issue with any bike using a trunion mount, as the nature of the mount transmits more stress into the shock. But, of course, some frames / linkages are worse than others.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Interesting, the linkage stress must be somewhat specific to the Spire? I haven't heard of issues with the Patrol, nor have I had issues with mine.

The Cascade linkage seems like it'd be a smart upgrade for you, both for increased stiffness and since you were already having bottoming issues with an air shock with max spacers.
    It's not to correct an issue with the bike and linkage stress. The cascade Links, change the bikes kinematics, and improve how the suspension operates. It can also increases travel as well. depending on what stroke length you go with for the shock.

I dont think its needed to makes sense on a lot of bikes, but the Sentinel and the Spire are two that I know a ton of guys have changed the links out on, and everyone of them has states it makes a big difference. It's also fully endorsed by Transition as well.

I dont think it makes as much sense on say the Evil Offering... Especially since it was pretty much designed around an 11-6 from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I think it's an issue with any bike using a trunion mount, as the nature of the mount transmits more stress into the shock. But, of course, some frames / linkages are worse than others.
    The bal joint on the bottom of the 11.6 helps with this quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post

The bal joint on the bottom of the 11.6 helps with this quite a bit.
    Yeah, that seems like a good idea. I wonder if frame manufacturers will start incorporating something like that. As it is, I know some small frame builders are specifically avoiding trunion mounts to reduce stress on the shocks.

I'm not aware of any, but I wonder who's going to be the first manufacturer to combine a trunion mount and a shock yoke for maximum snappage.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I'm not aware of any, but I wonder who's going to be the first manufacturer to combine a trunion mount and a shock yoke for maximum snappage.
    Yeti, Specialized, or Ibis if history predicts anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Based on the spy shots I've seen, it seems like specialized is primarily concentrating on making breakable chainstays. But tough to say, they could be engineering multiple failure points.

Or Canondale, but only if they can make it so proprietary you are completely fucked when not if it breaks

Actually I guess the current Enduro does, but the yoke is tiny so it barely counts.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Actually I guess the current Enduro does, but the yoke is tiny so it barely counts.
    The Range is trunion with a yoke too. Snappage is imminent, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The Range is trunion with a yoke too. Snappage is imminent, I'm sure.
    Oh, true. And that one is a lot bigger.