FS: 2022 Faction CT3.0 - 184 - w/Salomon STH2 13 WTR

SOLD

Used about 12 days. Bases have some superficial scuffs from last day of season, a base grind will clean them up in about 2 seconds (the photos look worse than reality). Otherwise in great condition.

Bindings are in like-new/ excellent condition. Swapped white rubber pads for black ones, because why not. Mounted +3.5 for 305mm BSL.

EDIT: I have a Salomon jig, so I can remount to fit your BSL for a six pack.

$500 plus shipping for both, $380 plus ship for just skis (will plug old holes before shipping).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3311F99-20B8-4F67-BBB1-8571CAACEBD7.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	499.4 KB 
ID:	420526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECE20317-AE7F-41F5-9F70-214353F70186.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	520.2 KB 
ID:	420527
    Last edited by eastskier; 10-20-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Bump

Bump

bump

Bump

Bump with lowered price

Bump

Bump

Looks like 54-46 is looking for these: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...79#post6697779

Quote Originally Posted by ezramec View Post
    Looks like 54-46 is looking for these: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...79#post6697779
    I appreciate the post. I reached out and he is looking for the prior season top sheet it would seem.

thanks my dude!

Thanks dudes. Color aside - Construction supposedly changed from 2021 to 2022. Different factories, also. May circle back if I can’t find a pair…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Thanks dudes. Color aside - Construction supposedly changed from 2021 to 2022. Different factories, also. May circle back if I can’t find a pair…

No, same ski. Faction Switched to Fischer for the 2020 (White) model. That ski had the lightweight poplar/(edit)paulownia core

For 2021 and 2022, the ski kept its 112mm shape, but went to a full poplar wood core and was being made at Amer, as more of Faction’s manufacturing got consolidated.

(I used to work for Faction)
    Last edited by eastskier; 10-03-2022 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastskier View Post
    No, same ski. Faction Switched to Fischer for the 2020 (White) model. That ski had the lightweight poplar/pachaco core

for 2021 and 2022, the ski kept its 112mm shape, but went to a full poplar wood core and was being made at Amer, as more of Faction’s manufacturing got consolidated.

OK, good to know. “Supposedly” wasn’t accurate!

FS: 2022 Faction CT3.0 - 184 - w/Salomon STH2 13 WTR

No, same ski. Faction Switched to Fischer for the 2020 (White) model. That ski had the lightweight poplar/pachaco core

for 2021 and 2022, the ski kept its 112mm shape, but went to a full poplar wood core and was being made at Amer, as more of Faction’s manufacturing got consolidated.

Edit: Found the discussion on skitalk where GregK also said the production moved from Fischer to Amer Sports for the 2022 edition (versus the 2021 edition) and the skis were supposed to be lighter than the 2021 edition.

3.0 dropped 200g from 2021 to 2022

True or not? Would be good to know.

Edit: Found the discussion on skitalk where GregK also said the production moved from Fischer to Amer Sports for the 2022 edition (versus the 2021 edition) and the skis were supposed to be lighter than the 2021 edition.

3.0 dropped 200g from 2021 to 2022

True or not? Would be good to know.

So I was wrong/misremembered when they switched to Amer, though the construction between these two years is effectively the same . The weight difference is more likely from Amer build process more than anything else.

Here is breakdown from the past few years:

18/19: Red/Tan; Updated from Prior year w/ higher % of poplar in hybrid core for strength (and a bit stiffer than previous year). Made at Sporten.

19/20: White w/ Red; All new ski @112mm with Poplar/ Paulownia wood core being made at Fischer. This move was made very late in the selling season (so much so that the samples we got were the Sporten 108mm, just with new top-sheet design). Despite the move to Fischer to achieve better quality assurance, many pairs would delaminate that first year working with them. Most notably, the 190 length when mounted w/ Look Pivots (long ski and small mounting screw pattern...). This was the last year it was a hybrid core, 1900g@184.

20/21: Blue w/ Red; All new ski again, after a last minute change from the Poplar/ Paulownia to an all-poplar core. The catalog and samples showed the weight as 1850g with the hybrid core, but this was not the case as the all-poplar core would be heavier (Faction later had a stated weight of 2150g@184). The samples we received were the hybrid core, but due to the warranties it was ditched to go with just poplar. It would make sense that this was a Fischer built ski, as they have different raw material sources, and maybe bought a different variety of poplar from the wood vendor than Amer would.

21/22: White w/ Green; Amer built with a new "lightweight" poplar-only core. Apparently, poplar can have different densities depending on factors like: where in the tree the wood is from, age of the tree... the catalog for preseason sales has 2150g@184 listed for this model (hence why I thought they were the same ski... along with a poplar-only core), which seems about right. However, factionskis.com does have it listed as 1990g, which would represent a 160g drop in weight and suggest while similar, not identical (and would make GregK not a liar haha).

TLDR:

They have the same core, shape, and flex. The weight change is the variance in poplar and maybe that Amer has a process that uses less epoxy..?

So I stand somewhat corrected, and thank @54-46 for the opportunity to dive into the technical details of one of the best all-mtn skis of all time

Thanks for the info, Mang! Thinking…

Thanks for the info, Mang! Thinking…

you bet! I was slightly off in my initial response, and it was worth the update.

So I was wrong/misremembered when they switched to Amer, though the construction between these two years is effectively the same . The weight difference is more likely from Amer build process more than anything else.

Here is breakdown from the past few years:

18/19: Red/Tan; Updated from Prior year w/ higher % of poplar in hybrid core for strength (and a bit stiffer than previous year). Made at Sporten.

19/20: White w/ Red; All new ski @112mm with Poplar/ Paulownia wood core being made at Fischer. This move was made very late in the selling season (so much so that the samples we got were the Sporten 108mm, just with new top-sheet design). Despite the move to Fischer to achieve better quality assurance, many pairs would delaminate that first year working with them. Most notably, the 190 length when mounted w/ Look Pivots (long ski and small mounting screw pattern...). This was the last year it was a hybrid core, 1900g@184.

20/21: Blue w/ Red; All new ski again, after a last minute change from the Poplar/ Paulownia to an all-poplar core. The catalog and samples showed the weight as 1850g with the hybrid core, but this was not the case as the all-poplar core would be heavier (Faction later had a stated weight of 2150g@184). The samples we received were the hybrid core, but due to the warranties it was ditched to go with just poplar. It would make sense that this was a Fischer built ski, as they have different raw material sources, and maybe bought a different variety of poplar from the wood vendor than Amer would.

21/22: White w/ Green; Amer built with a new "lightweight" poplar-only core. Apparently, poplar can have different densities depending on factors like: where in the tree the wood is from, age of the tree... the catalog for preseason sales has 2150g@184 listed for this model (hence why I thought they were the same ski... along with a poplar-only core), which seems about right. However, factionskis.com does have it listed as 1990g, which would represent a 160g drop in weight and suggest while similar, not identical (and would make GregK not a liar haha).

TLDR:

They have the same core, shape, and flex. The weight change is the variance in poplar and maybe that Amer has a process that uses less epoxy..?

So I stand somewhat corrected, and thank @54-46 for the opportunity to dive into the technical details of one of the best all-mtn skis of all time
    So basically these will still delam if you look at them for too long, or did Fischer fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dobak View Post
    So basically these will still delam if you look at them for too long, or did Fischer fix the problem
    No, not at all… Did you not see that these are the 2022MY?

This is the 2022 Amer-built model, and as far as I know quality assurance with this year has been top notch.
    Last edited by eastskier; 10-07-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Bump

Edit: SOLD
    Last edited by eastskier; 10-20-2022 at 03:19 PM.