Antiwork

Antiwork

Have you seen my stapler?
    It was right here

Always be selling

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Have you seen my stapler?
    It was right here
    I was told I could listen to my music at a reasonable volume.

Would work there for access to hot waitresses at Chotchkies

Antiwork

Kids these days complain about the office but that’s an 8’x8’ cube and TWO computer monitors! Back in my day a single CRT would take up that whole space! And try renting an apartment that’s bigger than 8x8 in any US city, it’ll run you $3000+ a month. We give it to you for free! (No sleeping in the office)

Its not the job, and its not the location. Work you are forced to do sucks no matter what it is, and when you're working hard you dont notice the location (which will likely loose its luster after 5-10 years).

Its all about the people you work with and the pay. Find a job where you are happy with both, and you have found the key to career happiness. People love to blame outside factors for their career unhappiness when they wont take the onus upon themselves to improve their situation.

bootstraps eh?

and loose <> lose

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    bootstraps eh?

and loose <> lose
    a little bootstrappy. But the antiwork movement reeks of cliche gen z entitlement and deserves all the ridicule thrown its way IMO.

and i deserve all the ridicule you can throw my way for shitty spelling.

I'm not antiwork

But I am firmly antijob.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    a little bootstrappy. But the antiwork movement reeks of cliche gen z entitlement and deserves all the ridicule thrown its way IMO.
    Please define the antiwork movement. Your interpretation sounds narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    I'm not antiwork

But I am firmly antijob.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I’m not sure which made me laugh more.
    The Michael’s card or the unpaid day off.

I love work. I like making things, fixing things, and improving things. The definition of "work" I have found that most coincides with my own is based in Marx...

Marx holds that work has the potential to be something creative and fulfilling. He consequently rejects the view of work as a necessary evil, denying that the negative character of work is part of our fate, a universal fact about the human condition that no amount of social change could remedy. Indeed, productive activity, on Marx’s account, is a central element in what it is to be a human being, and self-realisation through work is a vital component of human flourishing. That he thinks that work—in a different form of society—could be creative and fulfilling, perhaps explains the intensity and scale of Marx’s condemnation of contemporary economic arrangements and their transformation of workers into deformed and “dehumanised” beings (MECW 3: 284).
    https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/marx/#ReliWork

I also have a good job: remote, in an industry that I care about, good leadership, State bennies, and OK pay.

I hate shitty jobs, worker exploitation, and the fact that current American generations are less likely than previous ones to have a decent job with good benefits, affordable healthcare, reasonable housing costs, and enough discretionary income to do things like taking a vacation without going into debt.

The Antiwork movt seems less about not working and more about pointing out the shittiness of how we have structured work in America. Much of the shit I see on /r/antiwork is merely asking for better working conditions and treating employees like they are human -- you know....like they did in the 50-60s and they still do in much of Europe. Paid sick leave, 4 weeks of paid vacation, maternity leave, job protections, a clear distinction between on/off hours, reasonable scheduling, affordable healthcare, and retirement potential.

People aren't as anti work as they are anti being slaves for hire controlled by an emperor somewhere.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Anti-antiwork is hilarious

Name:  mark-on-the-desk-severance-s1e1.jpg
Views: 1882
Size:  33.4 KB
    ….
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Work would be much better if we all had this all the time. Powder day? Yep, I'm out, don't pay me, I'll be back tomorrow.

Fixed it for you..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Workplance.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	420244
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Workplance.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	420243  
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Antiwork

Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 06-29-2022 at 11:48 AM. Reason: A job? What for?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Anti-antiwork is hilarious
    Nothing makes people want to be slaves to the corporate overlords more than a boomer telling them their concerns aren't valid.

Please define the antiwork movement. Your interpretation sounds narrow.
    from what ive seen its whining about about bad/tone deaf bosses, being asked to work more than wanted or at an inconvenient time, and generally acting as though the low-skill low-pay job someone holds is deserving of similar pay, benefits and respect as top producers at companies known for great pay and bennies. Its a movement full of mostly outward looking folks, and never inward looking, and my experience in the industries many of these "antiworkers" were/are in says that while there are lots of shitty jobs and bosses, there are far more shitty employees. the common theme to address the problems/issues that "antiworkers" experience is generally passive aggressive- to check-out and work less or stop working as opposed to actively trying to fix the issue (unionization, contacting corporate, talking to your boss/HR, switching companies, becoming the boss, etc)

That's my general interpretation, though i dont visit reddit or other SM, so maybe im way off?

You said it like a Boss
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

That shit sandwich tastes good, right minion?

The most toxic conceit in us life